Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Mike Mancuso put a contract on Cammaranos

Post by Cheech »

furiofromnaples wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:12 am
TommyGambino wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:19 am And Cammarano won’t flip
Im referring to the hypothetical shooter. The last bonanno murder was Palazzolo,who knows if Mancuso have some stand up guys for kill them.
Ya. Good point.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:22 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:17 am They did a podcast together recently and Pennisi probably mentioned something off air about it I bet. I'm assuming...
Yeah, that was my first thought...this came from Pennisi.
If you notice the article came out right after the podcast.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

AntComello wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:26 am You would think that at least one media outlet would have picked up on a fire bombing or a house being shot at.
Your right. Remember when Frank Cali got murdered? I live in Connecitcut and it was on the news here. I'd imagine we'd hear about it.
ItzPurpleAki
Associate

Post by ItzPurpleAki »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:56 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:42 pm I always take something with a grain of salt but Mancuso being out for some sort of revenge doesn’t seem implausible to me
Yeah this is the way I see it. The guy did off his wife. Not the most rational actor. :lol:
Wasn’t that incident likely him following the rule about an unfaithful wife? People always talk like his fellow members would look at it was cause for shelving but him becoming boss says otherwise.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Browniety86 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:06 pm
Im referring to the hypothetical shooter. The last bonanno murder was Palazzolo,who knows if Mancuso have some stand up guys for kill them.
Randy Pizzolo wasn't the last...I know Little Anthony Seccafico was after that for sure
Yeah,I forgot Seccafico but was the 2009,14 years ago. Any idea on tought men for whack Cammaranos?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Ernie Aiello is a total goon and it makes sense Mancuso would make the terrible decision to bump him up to Underboss (if true). Maybe it was his reward for catching a beating at the funeral home.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

When Peter Lovaglio testified in the Michael Meldish murder case he was asked on cross-examination if he had ever described John Spirito Jr as 'capable'. The prosecution objected and the judge sustained it before Lovaglio could answer, but it strongly implies (I'd say 99.9999% implies) that Lovaglio considered Spirito Jr as someone who was capable. In context, the defense was trying to present another scenario to the jury that the Bonanno family had motive and means to kill Meldish (instead of the Lucchese family). Based on the rule that during examination a lawyer should only ask a question they already know the answer to, I'd be shocked if the defense expected Lovaglio to do anything other than confirm that he had described Spirito Jr as capable.

We also know from Jerry Capeci's reporting that Lovaglio provided some details to investigators about the Seccafico murder and pointed the finger at the Bronx crew and it's then-captain Anthony Frascone. Taking that into consideration, as well as the timeline and Spirito Jr's beef with Seccafico, I'd be surprised if Lovaglio's comments about Spirito Jr being capable were in reference to anything other than the Seccafico hit.

Another individual I'd consider a potential suspect in the Seccafico murder is Ernest Aiello. He told Anthony Zoccolillo that he was made in 2009 (same year as the Seccafico murder), he was also from the Bronx crew, and moved up the hierarchy very quickly at a young age (though that will almost positively also be due to the fact that he's related to Mancuso).

Furthermore, Lovaglio also testified that shortly after the attempt to kill Bonanno associate Carl Ulzheimer, both Aiello and Spirito were looking to kill someone from the Lucchese family in retaliation for a brief time. So that's also evidence of a willingness to conspire to commit murder.

Add to that they've both displayed a general recklessness in the past when it comes to violent (or potentially violent) situations. Aiello and Spirito were part of the group sent to beat Meldish up outside Rao's despite the fact that he was on record with another family. Then they are both key instigators in the storming of the Lucchese club in the Bronx, and afterwards Aiello got into a shouting match with Carmine Avellino when Thomas DiFiore tried to calm the situation (though according to Lovaglio, DiFiore knew about the plan to storm the club before it happened then tried to distance himself from it when it went awry). Spirito we know from both Lovaglio and Pennisi got shelved for bringing back fake messages from prison (including by giving himself some kind of acting administration position). Then last year both Aiello and Spirito were involved in the fiasco at Vito Grimaldi's wake.

If something like this is happening or being planned, I wouldn't be too surprised considering some of the personalities and criminal histories involved.

Though I would also add, if Mancuso wants to get as good a deal as possible in his supervised release violation, doing something like this that would bring a tremendous amount of heat on him would probably be a bad idea.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

See Chin. I dont think its out of the realm that something like this would be thrown around, talked about etc. based on the players. Theyve all shown to be violent in some capacity.

The issue is how does scott know? And none of this has shown up in the news? Fires? Shootings of known mobsters?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

“Fighting for their lives” :roll:
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Cheech wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 pm And none of this has shown up in the news? Fires? Shootings of known mobsters?
Just curious -- did that funeral home thing show up in the mainstream news anywhere (not just Capeci etc.)?
Cheech wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 pm “Fighting for their lives” :roll:
Yeah that's just the way he writes lol. One gets used to it after a while. I've paid tribute to it in my sig on here and my avatar.
Last edited by Ivan on Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:41 pm When Peter Lovaglio testified in the Michael Meldish murder case he was asked on cross-examination if he had ever described John Spirito Jr as 'capable'. The prosecution objected and the judge sustained it before Lovaglio could answer, but it strongly implies (I'd say 99.9999% implies) that Lovaglio considered Spirito Jr as someone who was capable. In context, the defense was trying to present another scenario to the jury that the Bonanno family had motive and means to kill Meldish (instead of the Lucchese family). Based on the rule that during examination a lawyer should only ask a question they already know the answer to, I'd be shocked if the defense expected Lovaglio to do anything other than confirm that he had described Spirito Jr as capable.

We also know from Jerry Capeci's reporting that Lovaglio provided some details to investigators about the Seccafico murder and pointed the finger at the Bronx crew and it's then-captain Anthony Frascone. Taking that into consideration, as well as the timeline and Spirito Jr's beef with Seccafico, I'd be surprised if Lovaglio's comments about Spirito Jr being capable were in reference to anything other than the Seccafico hit.

Another individual I'd consider a potential suspect in the Seccafico murder is Ernest Aiello. He told Anthony Zoccolillo that he was made in 2009 (same year as the Seccafico murder), he was also from the Bronx crew, and moved up the hierarchy very quickly at a young age (though that will almost positively also be due to the fact that he's related to Mancuso).

Furthermore, Lovaglio also testified that shortly after the attempt to kill Bonanno associate Carl Ulzheimer, both Aiello and Spirito were looking to kill someone from the Lucchese family in retaliation for a brief time. So that's also evidence of a willingness to conspire to commit murder.

Add to that they've both displayed a general recklessness in the past when it comes to violent (or potentially violent) situations. Aiello and Spirito were part of the group sent to beat Meldish up outside Rao's despite the fact that he was on record with another family. Then they are both key instigators in the storming of the Lucchese club in the Bronx, and afterwards Aiello got into a shouting match with Carmine Avellino when Thomas DiFiore tried to calm the situation (though according to Lovaglio, DiFiore knew about the plan to storm the club before it happened then tried to distance himself from it when it went awry). Spirito we know from both Lovaglio and Pennisi got shelved for bringing back fake messages from prison (including by giving himself some kind of acting administration position). Then last year both Aiello and Spirito were involved in the fiasco at Vito Grimaldi's wake.

If something like this is happening or being planned, I wouldn't be too surprised considering some of the personalities and criminal histories involved.

Though I would also add, if Mancuso wants to get as good a deal as possible in his supervised release violation, doing something like this that would bring a tremendous amount of heat on him would probably be a bad idea.
Great analysis.

The Bronx faction has been responsible for most of the Family violence going back to the Sciascia hit. I suspect Montagna's actions in Montreal had Mancuso's support as well given Montagna came from that crew, was getting close to Mancuso in the mid-2000s according to Cicale, and his acting boss role looks to have helped secured Mancuso's title. It was Mancuso's Bronx loyalists who almost went at it with the Luccheses, too.

Regardless of what's going on right now in NYC this group is open to violence.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

Cheech wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 pm See Chin. I dont think its out of the realm that something like this would be thrown around, talked about etc. based on the players. Theyve all shown to be violent in some capacity.

The issue is how does scott know? And none of this has shown up in the news? Fires? Shootings of known mobsters?
Completely agreed - what are the actual chances that violence at the top of a family like this with supposed shootings and a fire bombing goes completely unreported in all media and mob-watching circles? The Feds are just giving them a pass until they can build their case or somebody gets killed? Come on, we know this isn't how it works at all...these claims are very likely exaggerated and I also look to Capeci to soon try to have the final word on this story...where did the shooting happen and where did the firebomb happen? You gotta back those kind of assertions up with some facts to get away with them...
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I don't think-- no I KNOW- that Scott would not lie. I am in contact with people who are "hearing" things too but it's much more tamer- arson- than a full on war. In time we will know all. If Scott is wrong he'll retract it but if he's right he won't get credit anyway for reporting it first. He can't win. I'm in the same boat as everyone else and we'll have to see what happens.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Angelo Santino wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:22 pm I don't think-- no I KNOW- that Scott would not lie. I am in contact with people who are "hearing" things too but it's much more tamer- arson- than a full on war. In time we will know all. If Scott is wrong he'll retract it but if he's right he won't get credit anyway for reporting it first. He can't win. I'm in the same boat as everyone else and we'll have to see what happens.
Even those who completely doubt the story didn't say Scott was lying. They said he appears to be wrong.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

furiofromnaples wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:49 pm
Browniety86 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:06 pm
Randy Pizzolo wasn't the last...I know Little Anthony Seccafico was after that for sure
Yeah,I forgot Seccafico but was the 2009,14 years ago. Any idea on tought men for whack Cammaranos?
To be honest I wouldnt believe the story IF it was anyone but Mikey Mancuso...the guy doesn't have the patience to be a boss, too reactionary...but that's what I'd do too. Sanction a hit in 2023 and get a quarter of your family hooked up on a major fuckin RICO...did you learn nothing from Matty Madonna and Stevie Crea gettin life?
Last edited by Browniety86 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.