Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:23 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am Good edition of Mob Talk. They confirm that Dom Grande is a Capo and that a federal grand jury is heating up in Philly with subpoenas. They also dropped that tidbit how Joey Merlino is a big fan of rap and hip hop. An LCN Boss a big fan of rap. :lol: Angelo Bruno and Nicky Scarfo must be rolling over in their graves.

Pogo
Whats wrong with likin rap? Nothin wrong with kendrick lamar eminem tupac etc
Nothing wrong with rap. In fact, I think we should use it as part of our enhanced interrogation techniques on terrorist prisoners. 10 minutes of that crap would make them crack quicker than waterboarding.
All roads lead to New York.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am Good edition of Mob Talk. They confirm that Dom Grande is a Capo and that a federal grand jury is heating up in Philly with subpoenas. They also dropped that tidbit how Joey Merlino is a big fan of rap and hip hop. An LCN Boss a big fan of rap. :lol: Angelo Bruno and Nicky Scarfo must be rolling over in their graves.

Pogo
Nothing wrong with rap. In fact, I think we should use it as part of our enhanced interrogation techniques on terrorist prisoners. 10 minutes of that crap would make them crack quicker than waterboarding.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

@slimshady,,if u read their posts,,u will understand
I been taught to listen to what's not said
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:05 am I wonder who the kid with Merlino is
I was wondering the same thing. Never seen him before...
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Pogo
Im not going to argue music with u but all imma say is that music is is all opinion. No such thing as bad music. Rap is my music and has got me through a lot.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

dack2001 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:33 am There are pleas in federal court where the plea agreement does not give the Court the power to deviate from a range under the guidelines. This case though I think the maximum sentence for the charge is two years. And in order to be used as a RICO predicate it would have to be an offense committed in furtherance of a RICO conspiracy. Theoretically, such a plea could be used as a predicate but I'd imagine Joey admitted to betting with offshore books or unaffiliated books in an agreement with prosecutors that his plea won't be used in another case. I'd assume that was part of the plea discussion.
Yea I think I read that's what he admitted to, offshore betting. Like you said, if he pleaded to something in the states I'm sure they could eventually tie him to a certain bookie and then start talking conspiracy and RICO charges otherwise. His lawyer knew for sure, I'm very certain of that one. On the charges, yes, that is all the judge can give him is the max of 24 months. He cannot by law go higher than that. I'm sure the prosecutor could ask for the full 24 but the judge could go from just probation (highly unlikely) to 12 months to 24 or somewhere in between. I don't think he'll get the full 24 though, I see about 18 months so he won't have long with time served (if any) and any credit if any.

Slim I don't think they're quite dogging rap as much as just showing how times have changed. It's like talking to your parents, chances are they like music you can't stand and vice versa. I still listen to some of the older stuff and not a big fan of most of the newer stuff. K. Lamar is not too bad and Eminem was good when he started. Since then when he tried to change his voice on one album and got off the drugs he hasn't been as good. But I also love old school country and my favorite is probably late 60's to early to late 70's stuff like the Eagles, etc.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

dixiemafia wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:41 pm
dack2001 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:33 am There are pleas in federal court where the plea agreement does not give the Court the power to deviate from a range under the guidelines. This case though I think the maximum sentence for the charge is two years. And in order to be used as a RICO predicate it would have to be an offense committed in furtherance of a RICO conspiracy. Theoretically, such a plea could be used as a predicate but I'd imagine Joey admitted to betting with offshore books or unaffiliated books in an agreement with prosecutors that his plea won't be used in another case. I'd assume that was part of the plea discussion.
Yea I think I read that's what he admitted to, offshore betting. Like you said, if he pleaded to something in the states I'm sure they could eventually tie him to a certain bookie and then start talking conspiracy and RICO charges otherwise. His lawyer knew for sure, I'm very certain of that one. On the charges, yes, that is all the judge can give him is the max of 24 months. He cannot by law go higher than that. I'm sure the prosecutor could ask for the full 24 but the judge could go from just probation (highly unlikely) to 12 months to 24 or somewhere in between. I don't think he'll get the full 24 though, I see about 18 months so he won't have long with time served (if any) and any credit if any.

Slim I don't think they're quite dogging rap as much as just showing how times have changed. It's like talking to your parents, chances are they like music you can't stand and vice versa. I still listen to some of the older stuff and not a big fan of most of the newer stuff. K. Lamar is not too bad and Eminem was good when he started. Since then when he tried to change his voice on one album and got off the drugs he hasn't been as good. But I also love old school country and my favorite is probably late 60's to early to late 70's stuff like the Eagles, etc.
Yea ur right in a way. Generations have a lot different views. Im in my teens so im more used to hip hop since its the genre ive mainly been exposed to. Get into arguments bout music with my dad all the time.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pm
dixiemafia wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Yea ur right in a way. Generations have a lot different views. Im in my teens so im more used to hip hop since its the genre ive mainly been exposed to. Get into arguments bout music with my dad all the time.
ur teens? figured w the slim name but didn't expect u to be that young.
youngest on the board.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by phatmatress777 »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Good edition of Mob Talk. They confirm that Dom Grande is a Capo and that a federal grand jury is heating up in Philly with subpoenas. They also dropped that tidbit how Joey Merlino is a big fan of rap and hip hop. An LCN Boss a big fan of rap. [emoji38] Angelo Bruno and Nicky Scarfo must be rolling over in their graves.

Pogo
https://youtu.be/HF8lsUlm2PE

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:15 am

Pogo
Im not going to argue music with u but all imma say is that music is is all opinion. No such thing as bad music. Rap is my music and has got me through a lot.
has got u through a lot?
wtf- u learn how to sell drugs and shoot people?
only thing rap ever gets someone is literally a felony. several rappers have even gone to jail bc of the rap
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pmIm in my teens so im more used to hip hop since its the genre ive mainly been exposed to. Get into arguments bout music with my dad all the time.
I had no idea you were so young slim.
My apologies for being overly hard on you.
You are quite mature for someone quite young, you’ve been given quite a hard time at stages and instead of responding emotionally or tit for tat I’ve seen you walk away and defuse or deescalte situations. Well done. Good for you mate. 👍

A word of advice for a successful tenure here: lose the ‘definitives’. Ie the statements. Being certain. Couch your working in ‘I think’, ‘in my opinion’ ‘based on this info couldn’t we speculate..’ etc etc rather than Spata IS up and coming. So and so IS a rising star. Etc.
Everybody will respect your opinion, but when factual statements are made without base, the board gets testy.
Make that change and you’ll have a long, learned and interesting tenure here.

Best
Sonny.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

PS Rap still sucks ass.

Bitches, money, hoes, diamonds, bottles of Crystal, Bentley’s, weed, make it rain at the club.
Shit, did I just write the lyrics of every rap song since the 80’s? I thinks I did.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:15 pm PS Rap still sucks ass.

Bitches, money, hoes, diamonds, bottles of Crystal, Bentley’s, weed, make it rain at the club.
Shit, did I just write the lyrics of every rap song since the 80’s? I thinks I did.
you forget to say the word nigga instead of commas and ud be good.