Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

:lol: :D
johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:05 pm
Don_Peppino wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:58 pm Besides the point, Neil Dellacroce took a picture with a monkey. Lol. Nobody thought any less of him.
I’ve seen several jail pictures of Merlino with black guys.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

Uforeality wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:51 pm I have to come clean here. I was not a fan of Merlinos podcast. The very idea of a sitting boss of a Cosa Nostra family blabbing his mouth on a podcast was tasteless. But the more I watched, the more I fell for his shit talking and commentary. Merlino flipping out on informants is a much watch.
Yeah, I get a kick out of it too

I asked him in the comments if he was gonna touch on Horsehead, which I thought he might of avoided bc he was so close to his brother growing up but said “we will get to him that lying ass mother fucker” lol
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Has he ever talked about Previte? I always liked the story where Merlino kicked everyone out of the pool and then helped the autistic kid pretend to clean it.
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

He talks about fat Ron a lot lol when they asked the most he ever lost betting sports he said 250k to Ron but didn’t pay lol

I asked him how he knew to be so careful around him the whole time and he said “ I knew he was trying to put me in jail and I was trying to rob him “

I feel like Ron gets so much hate but he seemed like a sharp guy who just knew how to play the game…they were constantly trying to rob him so why would he be loyal to that group lol

Plus living in the same town after the case and not changing his appearance, he could care less it seemed
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

mpl0215 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 pm He talks about fat Ron a lot lol when they asked the most he ever lost betting sports he said 250k to Ron but didn’t pay lol

I asked him how he knew to be so careful around him the whole time and he said “ I knew he was trying to put me in jail and I was trying to rob him “

I feel like Ron gets so much hate but he seemed like a sharp guy who just knew how to play the game…they were constantly trying to rob him so why would he be loyal to that group lol

Plus living in the same town after the case and not changing his appearance, he could care less it seemed

This is true. I saw the interaction.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

mpl0215 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 pm He talks about fat Ron a lot lol when they asked the most he ever lost betting sports he said 250k to Ron but didn’t pay lol

Lol hilarious. But was he really "so careful" around Ron? He was caught on tape by Previte talking about federal crimes which were later played at his trial, although he never got caught saying anything about the drug operation with Luisi. I know they had that three way call about it but all he said was something like "do what you gotta do" which was pretty risky.

Sure Previte was sharp but it's pretty easy when his targets were so dumb and greedy. How the hell could they not realize he was an informant? He's with Stanfa every day and is the only guy who didn't get pinched. Did they just think he was lucky or what?
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

I thought he was super careful, some of those convos are comic gold, Ron is trying to bring up drugs and joey is asking if he got any more Rolex’s and just changes the subject every time …my favorite was Ralphie head selling ron the stolen bicycles and he said he has all the latest colors lol AND they have 3 year warranties lol that’s just priceless

And yeah I think joey was careful bc he said drugs are a bad pinch so he never got caught talking about that and he seemed content to talk about the other crimes which he knew wouldn’t be a bad pinch and it was worth it to him to keep robbing Ron….similar to his armor truck bust, he stiffs the guys who robs it lol and seemed content with 2-3 years in jail when they flip for the 350k he stole

I know what you mean, like why not avoid Ron like the plague but it’s almost like he doesn’t care about small charges ….reminds me of that latest case with Dom…they are extorting bookies and he’s telling a guy “ it will probably lead to a gambling beef “ like again , they content with the bs charge and they gonna still try to extort the bookies it’s no big deal to catch a small charge

And hindsight is 20/20 with the Stanfa bust and big Ron skating on that..reminds me of Whitey and everyone getting jammed up on the horse fixing bust in Boston and him and Stevie only ones to walk away
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Teflon Dom wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:56 am Seems to have some respect for George as a journalist, but none for Ratweiser 😂
Somebody asked Merlino about his thoughts on GA during the Q&A, and he said "He tells the truth". Basically gave him nothing but respect.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

dave wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:00 pm
Teflon Dom wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:56 am Seems to have some respect for George as a journalist, but none for Ratweiser 😂
Somebody asked Merlino about his thoughts on GA during the Q&A, and he said "He tells the truth". Basically gave him nothing but respect.
Yea kind of surprised me. When he was talking about that. I was trying to ask how his father knew Harry was a rat in the 80s before that information came out. Couldn't get him to answer. Also tried to see if he'd talk.about Grande and Stanfa in jail. But nothing. Since Stanfa went to jail and didn't talk I bet Joey would say he is a great guy when asked about him lol.

I guess the difference between DS and GA is George doesn't just show up stick a mic and camera in your face to get his answers.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

ShotgunTheRifle wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:38 am
dave wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:00 pm
Yea kind of surprised me. When he was talking about that. I was trying to ask how his father knew Harry was a rat in the 80s before that information came out. Couldn't get him to answer. Also tried to see if he'd talk.about Grande and Stanfa in jail. But nothing. Since Stanfa went to jail and didn't talk I bet Joey would say he is a great guy when asked about him lol.

I guess the difference between DS and GA is George doesn't just show up stick a mic and camera in your face to get his answers.
Someone asked about Hunchback being a rat and how his father knew in the comments of one of his earlier posts. Skinny said he never heard that.

Snuff seems to have a good understanding of what questions Joey will and won't answer. Joey also doesn't seem to bad mouth his past enemies. He would probably just say Scarfo Jr was a good kid who was loyal to his father, or something like that.
Juice Terry
Associate

Post by Juice Terry »

Has he mentioned Leonetti? Leonetti wasn't exactly his biggest fan :D
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Juice Terry wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:53 pm Has he mentioned Leonetti? Leonetti wasn't exactly his biggest fan :D
destroys Leonetti. they put his pic up of him wearing a wig and make fun of him for 5-10 mins. phil the wig.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Juice Terry wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:53 pm Has he mentioned Leonetti? Leonetti wasn't exactly his biggest fan :D
Phil "My uncle made me do it" Leonetti
It's not Crazy Phil any more according to Joey its Scared Shitless Phil.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGhmLKF3-tM

Burnstein: Barney and Mannino order cessation all ties with Philly due Merlino's Podcast.
Barney put the order out around Christmas.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Whether he's on the money with this one or not there was definitely going to be some blow back with a boss having a talk show. Probably easiest way for NY to deal with it is ostracize the whole Philly borgata until Joey steps down or his people force him out.