Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cheers JtJ.

@Cheech: If it was some average Joe then sure, it’s a joke of a charge, but remember Francis Guerra (Columbo)? Guerra was convicted of one count of conspiracy to distribute oxycodone and Oxycontin and one count of actually distributing those drugs in 2010 and 2011. They were his own legally obtained pills and he got 14 years as the judge had him down for participating in a murder.

Dino Saracino as well.

The judge knows who Joey is, be amazed if it’s below the max prosecutors recommend.

Just my opinion.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Cheech wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 am
TJ wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:05 am Sentencing sept 13..judge removed the bail restrictons for the summer...
That’s strange. Maybe the feds want joey to talk to someone with a wire?
I dont see this judge banging him with 2 years....its not that strange. the charge is making a bet on the phone. 5 people I am in the office right now with have already done that today. if the judge was gonna be a hard ass dont see him removing bail restrictions
I have to agree , I am sure there’s already a deal worked out with the judge to avoid another trial , that they already know he banging Him with the 2
can u imagine going to prison for betting via a phone lol
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:48 am Cheers JtJ.

@Cheech: If it was some average Joe then sure, it’s a joke of a charge, but remember Francis Guerra (Columbo)? Guerra was convicted of one count of conspiracy to distribute oxycodone and Oxycontin and one count of actually distributing those drugs in 2010 and 2011. They were his own legally obtained pills and he got 14 years as the judge had him down for participating in a murder.

Dino Saracino as well.

The judge knows who Joey is, be amazed if it’s below the max prosecutors recommend.

Just my opinion.
those guys on trial for murder. merlino may have or may have not brokered a few illegal deals. waaaay different.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:33 pm
Cheech wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 am
TJ wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:05 am Sentencing sept 13..judge removed the bail restrictons for the summer...
That’s strange. Maybe the feds want joey to talk to someone with a wire?
I dont see this judge banging him with 2 years....its not that strange. the charge is making a bet on the phone. 5 people I am in the office right now with have already done that today. if the judge was gonna be a hard ass dont see him removing bail restrictions
I have to agree , I am sure there’s already a deal worked out with the judge to avoid another trial , that they already know he banging Him with the 2
can u imagine going to prison for betting via a phone lol
agreed. this is already worked out behind scenes. jacobs knows what hes doing.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheech wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Dino Saracino as well.

Just my opinion.
those guys on trial for murder. merlino may have or may have not brokered a few illegal deals. waaaay different.
Agreed. Vastly different charges. My point was simply Judgegs often don’t just sentence on the charge itself, but take into account extraneous circumstances. Like Joey was probably involved with a $100 million Medicare fraud. Which isn’t murder, sure, but it’s not just picking up a phone and laying a dime on the Phillies either.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Dino Saracino as well.

Just my opinion.
Agreed. Vastly different charges. My point was simply Judgegs often don’t just sentence on the charge itself, but take into account extraneous circumstances. Like Joey was probably involved with a $100 million Medicare fraud. Which isn’t murder, sure, but it’s not just picking up a phone and laying a dime on the Phillies either.
Those guys were convicted at trial. Merlino is entering a plea agreement.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Dino Saracino as well.

Just my opinion.
They can't take into account what they think he might have done. Just what he has been convicted of or what he plead to

A judge needs to be able to focus on just that and block the rest out. He plead to a petty gambling charge they cant just tack on an extra 5 years because of something he might of done lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Dino Saracino as well.

Just my opinion.
The judges in both of those caes were biased and retarded. “Innocent until proven guilty” my ass.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:04 pmthey cant just tack on an extra 5 years because of something he might of done lol
Asaro got twice the recommended sentence for the arson with the judge even citing she believed his guilt in Lufthansa and had reviewed that case and incorporated that into sentencing. That was only a few months ago. Judges don’t HAVE to stick to plea deals. And Judges, clearly have scope to sentence almost at whim. Do I think Joey will get 5 years? No. But could he get two? Sure. My bet is it’ll be higher than lower range. I’d be amazed with Joey’s record and status if he got anything else.

Again, just an opinion.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Dino getting 600 months was an egregious sentence handed down by an extremely biased judge.

Plea deal or not, only way Merlino could be maxed out is if the court is still pissed about his speaking to the juror. Jmo
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Maybe so. Can i call you and bet he gets less than a year? ;)
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

LOL! O/U at 14.5 my friend.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:59 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:04 pmthey cant just tack on an extra 5 years because of something he might of done lol
Asaro got twice the recommended sentence for the arson with the judge even citing she believed his guilt in Lufthansa and had reviewed that case and incorporated that into sentencing. That was only a few months ago. Judges don’t HAVE to stick to plea deals. And Judges, clearly have scope to sentence almost at whim. Do I think Joey will get 5 years? No. But could he get two? Sure. My bet is it’ll be higher than lower range. I’d be amazed with Joey’s record and status if he got anything else.

Again, just an opinion.
But the maximum penalty for placing a bet electronically is two years in prison and a fine. The judge couldn't sentence him to more even if he wants to.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

https://nypost.com/2018/04/27/mob-boss- ... d-retrial/

Judge seems pissed. Bet those odds just came in a whole lot eh Cheech ;)
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Doobeez wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:43 pm LOL! O/U at 14.5 my friend.
deal! dont tell anyone. its illegal :lol: