Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by chubby »

I’ll say one thing.. this indictment proves that top journalists even with contacts in law enforcement, don’t always know what’s going on... just pertaining to Philly.. the mob talks in the last 2 years have been a cluster fuck of them saying they’ve gone legit, there’s nothing left out there, people have stepped back... and so on... then something like this happens that makes them look pretty dumb... it just goes to show the people in the streets Who are active are the only people who really are aware of what’s going on...
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

The only thing I’ll say in Anastasia’s defense is most of the criminal activity in this indictment is from 4-5 years ago. And to be honest it’s a lot of low to mid level type stuff. It’d be one thing if some huge hundred million dollar Medicare scam was exposed, or evidence that Grande was moving hundreds of kilos, but none of that is in there. It’s all neighborhood extortion stuff. In some ways I bet he almost feels vindicated with the indictment. It shows that Philly is still active, but the rackets aren’t what they were in 1985, which has kinda been his point. On the first episode of Philly Prime, he said “there’s more guys on the street now that at anytime over the past 25 years. We just don’t know if the pie is big enough to go around”.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Jim505 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:01 pm
cavita wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 am Just playing devil's advocate here but one can believe what Domenic Grande says when he outlines who the boss, underboss, etc. are in Philly but choose not to believe Domenic Violi on tape when he says he beat out thirty other guys for the underboss position in Buffalo. My point is you can't cherry pick where LCN activity is based on indictments alone. Posters caught hell for believing Violi when the words came right out of his own mouth.
Violi proved that guys sitting behind a computer (like most of us) don't know squat about LCN. Last I checked it was a secret society.
You guys talk like all things are equal between the two and it's an apples to apples comparison between Philadelphia and Buffalo. The feds still consider Philly a viable family. Can't say the same about Buffalo. While they're weak and the writing is on the wall, there has continued to be a steady stream of cases in Philly over the past 20 years that show a functioning hierarchy. Not so with Buffalo. Violi's comments have yet to be substantiated or prove anything.
All roads lead to New York.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:45 pm
Jim505 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:01 pm
cavita wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 am Just playing devil's advocate here but one can believe what Domenic Grande says when he outlines who the boss, underboss, etc. are in Philly but choose not to believe Domenic Violi on tape when he says he beat out thirty other guys for the underboss position in Buffalo. My point is you can't cherry pick where LCN activity is based on indictments alone. Posters caught hell for believing Violi when the words came right out of his own mouth.
Violi proved that guys sitting behind a computer (like most of us) don't know squat about LCN. Last I checked it was a secret society.
You guys talk like all things are equal between the two and it's an apples to apples comparison between Philadelphia and Buffalo. The feds still consider Philly a viable family. Can't say the same about Buffalo. While they're weak and the writing is on the wall, there has continued to be a steady stream of cases in Philly over the past 20 years that show a functioning hierarchy. Not so with Buffalo. Violi's comments have yet to be substantiated or prove anything.
Well I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

For the love of Christ can this thread not turn into a Buffalo discussion.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Well done Dom.
He'd be out in 3-4 if not for '....I can move thousands of those'. Thats cost him a min bid of 8-9. Min.
Think about the difference. 41-44yrs old? Couple of years, your daughter goes from 8-11. Not a good thing, but youre all same stage of life, nothing major missed vs ...... 9 inside and your 8yr old goes from a baby girl to a 17yr old independent young women hopefully at university moved out of home, childhood gone. When you left she was 8yrs old and playig with dolls, you get out and she's 17 gone. You left in one stage of life, arrive home in another.

I cannot believe after the pinch that Nic took, this fool, with him 'smelling brill cream' would authorize fentanyl narcotic distribution. Nic JUST took 25-30 for him and this is his move!
Dodges a bullet then puts the gun in his mouth and starts a game of roulette.

I hope this brings crashing back down to earth the 'boy wonder' talk about this guy. Beyond fucking stupid.

Philly should read the riot act about drugs with this idiot, shelve him and close the book.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:08 pm For the love of Christ can this thread not turn into a Buffalo discussion.
I've spoken my piece and counted to three.
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Cheech wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:33 am "i could move thousands of these" :shock:

he has to be going over that convo every minute of the long night....
Hate to be stereotypical. But being from the southern Midwest and only meeting real Italians while my undergrade up near CHI the life culture they seem to put a huge emphasis on communication the good the bad the ugly.
They just talk a lot especially the Neplolitolitans it seems. I cant remember if that includes Skinny Joey or not but obviouly he knows
How to handle himself in risky conversations. I feel the life Is also so engraved into their cultures that how serious it is the consequences that come they are somewhat desensatized to it and see it as the cost of doing business.. One things for sure all the Italians women I met in college were aggressive as hell and took what they wanted but thats also a trait people from CHI.

I gotta feel Dom new this or death was gonna be his end what other options are there we ir really it will only earn him stripes as long as the tapes and rats stop either here or quickly and can't bring much more to the table. he wanted to see how much money he could make and he obviously got cocky about It that cockyness eventually forcing him to act sloppy...Cause from what I hear he is somewhat smart ? Way ahead of the freshman year of college random dorm roommate . 100% Italian American Chicago born and bread. Parents had money owned a construction business. Mr Parenti from beautiful Barrington Ill. Only Pete was a big boy not a little chubby fella. Hilarious retarard tho with a thick accent and of course hated cigarettes but loved cigars. Probably been surrounded by mobsters his whole and didn't have a clue. At some point it has to be looking at the cost of doing business and for every one guy that flips in LCN I bet there is a dozen who don't. On a hunch the case seems weak at this point.

Sorry I get a little off track at points. One of those nights
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

If these guys were gonna jump head first into the hard drug game, they might as well have gone the blow route. The coke game is really fucking grimy and filled with more than it’s fair share of dangerous scumbags, but it doesn’t carry the stigma that Fentanyl and heroin do. If Dom had been caught on a wire saying, “I could sell 8 ounces a day”, instead of his 1000 pill brag, he’d probably be in a little bit better shape. Especially in a place like Philly, which is essentially ground zero of the opioid epidemic.
JoeTheBoss
Associate

Post by JoeTheBoss »

Per Gangster Report (Scott Burnstein): "The FBI believes the mafia in Philly is in the midst of ballooning its ranks and stretching its reach; a crew in New England has been operational for more than five years, reinvigorating a presence in the region from the late 1990s, per sources."

A Philly Crew in New England???? Can anyone add to this?
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Anyone have a guesstimate of Joey's net worth? Does a lot of money go thru those hands as quickly as it gets into them or does he really not have that much to blow on his gambling habit
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Mason_dixon wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:06 pm Anyone have a guesstimate of Joey's net worth? Does a lot of money go thru those hands as quickly as it gets into them or does he really not have that much to blow on his gambling habit
Ron Privete said, “Joey’s goal on Monday was to make it to Tuesday.” I’m sure he doesn’t have cash stacked away.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JoeTheBoss wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:03 pm Per Gangster Report (Scott Burnstein): "The FBI believes the mafia in Philly is in the midst of ballooning its ranks and stretching its reach; a crew in New England has been operational for more than five years, reinvigorating a presence in the region from the late 1990s, per sources."

A Philly Crew in New England???? Can anyone add to this?
He's likely referring to Luisi and the handful of other guys supposedly made up there years ago. There's nobody left.

Scott and his "per sources." :roll:
All roads lead to New York.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

I think Scott Burnstein got sprayed in the face with a HUGE fake cumshot when he talks about Philly crews active in Boston. He's a fag. What bars? Bullshit unless this is still somehow going on outside of bars. And I don't think that's whats happening.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chucky wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:01 pm Scafidi was not part of the inner circle of Merlino’s group. He was friendly with them back in the day, but was mostly buddies with Scarfo Jr and his crew.

But weren't they all the same crew before the split between the Scarfos and Merlinos in 1986? I think it was GA who said that Tory Scafidi and Merlino were best friends growing up and that Scafidi, Merlino, Scarfo Jr. The Changs,catch were part of that Junior Mob Crew back in the 1980s. The Scafidi's were close with the Scarfos who where like family with the Merlinos. All of them grew up together.

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:44 pm The only thing I’ll say in Anastasia’s defense is most of the criminal activity in this indictment is from 4-5 years ago. And to be honest it’s a lot of low to mid level type stuff. It’d be one thing if some huge hundred million dollar Medicare scam was exposed, or evidence that Grande was moving hundreds of kilos, but none of that is in there. It’s all neighborhood extortion stuff. In some ways I bet he almost feels vindicated with the indictment. It shows that Philly is still active, but the rackets aren’t what they were in 1985, which has kinda been his point. On the first episode of Philly Prime, he said “there’s more guys on the street now that at anytime over the past 25 years. We just don’t know if the pie is big enough to go around”.

Correct. Just compare the indictments from the different eras.

Scarfo 1987-1990: 36 made members (many of them indicted in several different cases)

Stanfa 1991-1994: 12 made members

Natale-Merlino 1995-2000: 13 made members

Ligambi 2001-2011: 12 made members

2012-2020: 9 made members

Notice the trend. With each era we are seeing less and less members indicted. The crimes are getting more and more small time and the money involved is getting smaller and smaller.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.