General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:36 am I think CG 8534 is Red Wemette. CG 8534 was active during the same period Red was, he knew the same circle of people (Lombardo, Spilotro, Schweihs and Weiner), and his handler in the 1970s was SA John Osbourne.
Good call, I think you’re right.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

A part of me does chuckle at this conversation, because you know….he and his brother were brutally murdered in a basement by the outfit. So yeah,I guess you could say he was considered “expendable”.

As far as his position in Vegas, the truth typically seems to lie somewhere in the middle. He clearly had to have outfit permission to be there, and most likely served in some capacity for the family, but conversely was not high-ranking and not considered a “boss” of anything.

Great find on the Bompensiero stuff Tony.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Curious if anyone is familiar with these two police officers, John Adreani and Robert Bondi. Interesting case, both were fired from CPD and were involved in illegal gambling, both slots and roving poker games. It looks like Adriani owns a slot machine company V.S.S. They are placed in cities where slots are illegal. I believe there have been outfit guys with both the last names of Andreani and Bondi.

https://www.chicago.gov/content/dam/cit ... 792880.pdf

https://digitaledition.chicagotribune.c ... 1cbda9423c
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:19 am Curious if anyone is familiar with these two police officers, John Adreani and Robert Bondi. Interesting case, both were fired from CPD and were involved in illegal gambling, both slots and roving poker games. It looks like Adriani owns a slot machine company V.S.S. They are placed in cities where slots are illegal. I believe there have been outfit guys with both the last names of Andreani and Bondi.

Interesting stuff.

Bondi I’ve heard of before, he was even floated by some as an outfit “associate”, though I don’t think there’s any evidence that he’s formally affiliated. Andreani I wasn’t familiar with.

Not aware of any connected guys in Chicago with the surnames Bondi or Andreani — any specific guys you were thinking of?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:55 am
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:19 am Curious if anyone is familiar with these two police officers, John Adreani and Robert Bondi. Interesting case, both were fired from CPD and were involved in illegal gambling, both slots and roving poker games. It looks like Adriani owns a slot machine company V.S.S. They are placed in cities where slots are illegal. I believe there have been outfit guys with both the last names of Andreani and Bondi.

Interesting stuff.

Bondi I’ve heard of before, he was even floated by some as an outfit “associate”, though I don’t think there’s any evidence that he’s formally affiliated. Andreani I wasn’t familiar with.

Not aware of any connected guys in Chicago with the surnames Bondi or Andreani — any specific guys you were thinking of?
I’ll have to do some digging. I’m sure I heard these two last names as being involved with the Outfit in the past. I’ll get back to you on this.

From my understanding is that both worked in 012th District which covers the patch, both grand ave and Taylor st. From what I was told was that they were working for the grand ave crew. Placing these “sweep stake” machines in the bars and also involved in these high stakes poker games circuits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:28 am
PolackTony wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:55 am

Interesting stuff.

I’ll have to do some digging. I’m sure I heard these two last names as being involved with the Outfit in the past. I’ll get back to you on this.

From my understanding is that both worked in 012th District which covers the patch, both grand ave and Taylor st. From what I was told was that they were working for the grand ave crew. Placing these “sweep stake” machines in the bars and also involved in these high stakes poker games circuits.
As a side note, still weird to me that West Town is now in the 12th. Had some "fun" nights in the old 13th district on Wood St as a kid haha.

But that would make sense. Andreani could be from the Grand Ave Patch, or at least his family, as there were Andreonis (original spelling) from Tuscany on Erie St.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

[/quote]
As a side note, still weird to me that West Town is now in the 12th. Had some "fun" nights in the old 13th district on Wood St as a kid haha.

[/quote]

Yea, 13 closed like a decade ago and the old 12th station on Racine moved a few years ago too. I heard 13 was rough from an old Playboy I know.
SonnyC
Straightened out

Post by SonnyC »

SonnyC wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:00 am
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:20 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 am Does anyone know where Inendino is from in Chicago originally? I was reading he grew up on Taylor Street - I assume he was close with Aleman and these guys probably since youth? He's an interesting character I was watching the video footage of him in that Mob at Work series walking into a wedding smoking a cigarette looking like Tony Manero.
Taylor street!!! That’s where he is from. I think he was either in the Dukes or Jouster street gang as a youth. Will have to confirm. Not sure if his exact address of where he lived. Was very close to Alemán and was part of the wild bunch. Probably did more than a couple of hits. He lives in the suburbs now, forget which one. I will say this, I heard his health is bad and he uses oxygen tank so I’m not sure how active he is. The pictures of him from 5 years ago he looks good but health can change very quickly. A lot of things they are talking about could have been set in place before his health took a bad turn and are starting to see fruition now
I know a few Jousters, one of whom was originally from the neighborhood. I'll reach out to see if they have any history. They were more of a Taylor & Western gang, so my thought he was more likely a Duke.
Looking back at old posts and remembered this one. The guy I know wouldn't discuss "family" business. Kind of expected that, but it was worth a try.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

This is a good find, i dont remember this.

Anyone remember Mike Colella? Elmwood Park guy who got acquitted after being shit faced at a bar and beat the fuck out of a female CPD officer? Is he still alive?
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

funkster wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Anyone remember Mike Colella? Elmwood Park guy who got acquitted after being shit faced at a bar and beat the fuck out of a female CPD officer? Is he still alive?
Was he related to Santino Colella?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:21 pm

Mike Colella is still alive. He’s in his mid-60s now and living in Addison last I checked. Haven’t heard anything about him being connected, but clearly he was back in the 80s given that he was represented by Bob Cooley who was ordered by Marcy to fix Colella’s case. Guy was a beast, multiple times in the papers for beating the shit out of people. Maybe too much of a hot head to remain in the loop, who knows. I believe that Mike’s parents were Dominick and Rosa Colella, who were killed in Addison in ‘90 when a teenaged driver slammed into their car.

I tried to link Mike to Santino Colella and wasn’t able to do so.; didn’t seem any direct connection, though both guys are very likely Barese in ancestry so a deeper relation is possible. Santino I believe was either born in Bari and if not his parents were. What’s funny too is that both guys have caught cases for beating up cops. In ‘94, Santino was busted for attacking cops in Franklin Park who were trying to serve him on a warrant. Definitely rough dudes in both cases.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:41 pm

Mike Colella is still alive. He’s in his mid-60s now and living in Addison last I checked. Haven’t heard anything about him being connected, but clearly he was back in the 80s given that he was represented by Bob Cooley who was ordered by Marcy to fix Colella’s case. Guy was a beast, multiple times in the papers for beating the shit out of people. Maybe too much of a hot head to remain in the loop, who knows. I believe that Mike’s parents were Dominick and Rosa Colella, who were killed in Addison in ‘90 when a teenaged driver slammed into their car.

I tried to link Mike to Santino Colella and wasn’t able to do so.; didn’t seem any direct connection, though both guys are very likely Barese in ancestry so a deeper relation is possible. Santino I believe was either born in Bari and if not his parents were. What’s funny too is that both guys have caught cases for beating up cops. In ‘94, Santino was busted for attacking cops in Franklin Park who were trying to serve him on a warrant. Definitely rough dudes in both cases.
I man have mentioned this before, but Santino told a buddy of mine that he worked under Pete Labelestra and that Santino had dealings with the son of Rockford LCN underboss Frank Buscemi which meant narcotics.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:21 pm

I man have mentioned this before, but Santino told a buddy of mine that he worked under Pete Labelestra and that Santino had dealings with the son of Rockford LCN underboss Frank Buscemi which meant narcotics.
Yes, and it’s an interesting connection. When Santino and his wife Elvira Morrone were busted for heading their drug ring in 2008, it was claimed by LE to have been one of the major coke suppliers in DuPage County. It was also reported that they “had ties nationwide as well as in Chicago and Rockford”. It’s been rumored for years that LaBalestra had his hands into drugs in a big way, so the claim that Colella was working for LaBalestra serves to support that.

Looks like Santino Colella is free and living in Lake in the Hills now. Also, to follow up from earlier, Santino was born in Mola di Bari. Domenico and Rosa LoSurdo, who I’m pretty sure were Mike Colella’s parents, were from Triggiano (where the DiFronzos and Nittis, as well as Patsy Spilotro, were from). It’s only like 10 miles from Mola to Triggiano, so there certainly could be a relation, I just didn’t seen any names in common among both guys’ relatives when I looked.

Mike Colella’s family lived in Humboldt Park by Karlov and Haddon for years and later moved to Elmwood Park and then Addison. Very possible that they had longstanding ties to the Elmwood Park crew considering both their hometown and residence in Chicago. As DiFronzo’s paesani, maybe he was the one who told Marcy to fix Mike’s case.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:07 pm
cavita wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:21 pm

Yes, and it’s an interesting connection. When Santino and his wife Elvira Morrone were busted for heading their drug ring in 2008, it was claimed by LE to have been one of the major coke suppliers in DuPage County. It was also reported that they “had ties nationwide as well as in Chicago and Rockford”. It’s been rumored for years that LaBalestra had his hands into drugs in a big way, so the claim that Colella was working for LaBalestra serves to support that.

Looks like Santino Colella is free and living in Lake in the Hills now. Also, to follow up from earlier, Santino was born in Mola di Bari. Domenico and Rosa LoSurdo, who I’m pretty sure were Mike Colella’s parents, were from Triggiano (where the DiFronzos and Nittis, as well as Patsy Spilotro, were from). It’s only like 10 miles from Mola to Triggiano, so there certainly could be a relation, I just didn’t seen any names in common among both guys’ relatives when I looked.

Mike Colella’s family lived in Humboldt Park by Karlov and Haddon for years and later moved to Elmwood Park and then Addison. Very possible that they had longstanding ties to the Elmwood Park crew considering both their hometown and residence in Chicago. As DiFronzo’s paesani, maybe he was the one who told Marcy to fix Mike’s case.
Good stuff....you ever heard of a Bruno Scordo? Was active from the 40s through the 60s and he was hooked up with the Panzcko gang and may have been involved in a couple murders. He may also have been Barese and I think he died in Peoria in the 70s. They called him Polack Bruno.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Bruno Scordo made the papers a bunch of times in the ‘40s and 50’s. He had been linked to Paul Labriola and Marty Ochs and was arrested for numerous armed robberies, burglaries, and assaults, but here are some more memorable ones. In 1949, he was a suspect in a string of stick ups in NYC. In 1950, he was pinched with Guy Mendola and Peanuts and Butch Panczko for a $100k ($1.2mil today) diamond stick up in Nashville. In 1950, he was in a car with Pete DePietto in Chicago when DePietto was pulled over by the cops as a suspect in a Brinks armored car robbery in Detroit; Scordo escaped when he pulled a gun on the cops and fled. In 1951, he was apprehended in Minneapolis with a stick up crew of other Chicagoans following a chase and shootout with local police.

He was paroled to Chicago in 1955 and by 1965 at the latest he was in Peoria, where he was busted in a car with weapons and burglary tools. Scordo ran the Eldorado Club and the Broadway Club in Peoria. He was arrested in the 70s for operating the Eldorado after hours. In 1982, Scordo got a taste of his own medicine at age 70, when two women from Chicago tied him up and beat and stabbed him in a robbery of the Eldorado. He died in 1990 in Pekin, just outside of Peoria.

I didn’t know that he was called “Bruno the Polack”, presumably a tongue in cheek reference to him palling around with Polish hoodlums in Chicago (his wife, Mary Kuta, was also Polish). Bruno Frank Scordo was born in 1912 in the suburb of LaGrange to Giuseppe Scordo and Giovanna Condello. The Scordos lived in the Grand Ave Patch at Erie and Elizabeth, where Bruno was still living in 1950. While Giuseppe’s WW2 draft card does state that he was born in “Bari”, this was erroneous. His and Giovanna’s arrival records show that both were from Reggio Calabria. Additionally, neither surname, Scordo or Condello, is found in Bari but both are heavily concentrated in Reggio Calabria. In 1942, Bruno Scordo listed his employer as the Cook County Juvenile Detention Center (truly, the inmates were running the asylum), which could have been due to his ties to Paul Labriola, who was of course a bailiff in the Cook County court system.

Here’s a photo of Bruno Scordo at the time of his 1951 shootout with the cops in Minneapolis: