Feds say ailing mobster Peter Gotti isn’t sick enough for early release

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: Feds say ailing mobster Peter Gotti isn’t sick enough for early release

Post by bert »

Gravano even went and reneged on his deal by going into drugs while in witness protection, and yet he is out again.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 pm
z23 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:06 pm
maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:02 pm At a certain point it’s called “cruel and unusual punishment”!..... and this is supposed to be the United States of America”! Not Russia or Cuba or Iran!
-
Even dead on murderers who have been convicted standing over a bloody dead body with the bloody knife in their hand after serving 25 to life get paroled! Especially when they are 80-90 years old, have cancer, blind, deaf and crippled in a wheelchair..... literally on their last breath!
-
Why not a Gotti (80 plus), Persico (85), Franzese (100 yo), etc etc? Why??
- because they’re Italian ? Mafia ? ..... I’ll tell you why!
-
Because they are so high profile that the G tries to make a statement with their continued incarceration..... That Crime doesn’t pay!
-
But at a certain point, you’re not even hurting the prisoner anymore really. Like Sonny said, “I die outside or I die inside, I don’t really give a fuck! I gotta die someplace!”
-
The real injustice and punishment is what their innocent family members go through; wives, daughters, sons, innocent grandchildren, parents (if their still alive if the guys young enough). Etc. THAT is patently unfair and Un-American in my book!
-
And there is really no valid justification for it other than taking delight and a twisted joy out of watching other people suffer so you can feel good about yourself! (That’s really sick shit)! If you ask me!!!
-
And the guys were talking about have already served over 30, 40, 50 plus years in jail over their lives for often times crimes (other than murder obviously) regular convicted criminals would have NEVER gotten those kinds of sentences to begin with!!!
-
Why did they get more! Often times many years more when before the judge? Again, I’ll tell you why!
-
ITALIAN, MAFIA, BLACK HAND, etc......prejudice and Hysteria! It’s been going on for almost 70 years already in this country! And it’s getting fucking worse with mentalities and viewpoints like have been printed above!
-
You know, at the end of the day, NOBODY! none of us! Has the right to play God and think we’re holy rollers!
-
Let he who is sinless cast the first stone! We ALL have skeletons in our closets! And I usually find the guys who scream the loudest are usually the ones with the most skeletons and are the most full of shit!
-
They served their bit! They are MORE than eligible? Let em go home already to die!
-
When we ALL get upstairs, let the big guy figure out what’s what! And we’ll see how things end up! That’s the Christian way! And whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or atheist ....... any decent human being should feel that in their heart!
-
PS: and one more thing! Today the G fucks a Gotti, Persico or Franzese by taking their constitutional rights away from them and trampling on the constitution manuscript!

Tomorrow? It may be you or I that they trample on! Pretty soon the constitution goes out the window and it’s a police state!
-
DO YOU WANT THAT? I know I certainly don’t!
-
Thank you Maxie. Excellent! Let me know where you will be preaching this Sunday. I want to be sitting up front. Amen.
Thanks pal!..... but it’s the truth too right? It rings true to our ears and senses!

Well you are a mob fan after all. ;)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
z23
Honorary Member

Post by z23 »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:02 pm At a certain point it’s called “cruel and unusual punishment”!..... and this is supposed to be the United States of America”! Not Russia or Cuba or Iran!
-
Even dead on murderers who have been convicted standing over a bloody dead body with the bloody knife in their hand after serving 25 to life get paroled! Especially when they are 80-90 years old, have cancer, blind, deaf and crippled in a wheelchair..... literally on their last breath!
-
-
Because they are so high profile that the G tries to make a statement with their continued incarceration..... That Crime doesn’t pay!
-
But at a certain point, you’re not even hurting the prisoner anymore really. Like Sonny said, “I die outside or I die inside, I don’t really give a fuck! I gotta die someplace!”
-
The real injustice and punishment is what their innocent family members go through; wives, daughters, sons, innocent grandchildren, parents (if their still alive if the guys young enough). Etc. THAT is patently unfair and Un-American in my book!
-
And there is really no valid justification for it other than taking delight and a twisted joy out of watching other people suffer so you can feel good about yourself! (That’s really sick shit)! If you ask me!!!
-
And the guys were talking about have already served over 30, 40, 50 plus years in jail over their lives for often times crimes (other than murder obviously) regular convicted criminals would have NEVER gotten those kinds of sentences to begin with!!!
-
Why did they get more! Often times many years more when before the judge? Again, I’ll tell you why!
-
ITALIAN, MAFIA, BLACK HAND, etc......prejudice and Hysteria! It’s been going on for almost 70 years already in this country! And it’s getting fucking worse with mentalities and viewpoints like have been printed above!
-
You know, at the end of the day, NOBODY! none of us! Has the right to play God and think we’re holy rollers!
-
Let he who is sinless cast the first stone! We ALL have skeletons in our closets! And I usually find the guys who scream the loudest are usually the ones with the most skeletons and are the most full of shit!
-
They served their bit! They are MORE than eligible? Let em go home already to die!
-
When we ALL get upstairs, let the big guy figure out what’s what! And we’ll see how things end up! That’s the Christian way! And whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim or atheist ....... any decent human being should feel that in their heart!
-
PS: and one more thing! Today the G fucks a Gotti, Persico or Franzese by taking their constitutional rights away from them and trampling on the constitution manuscript!

Tomorrow? It may be you or I that they trample on! Pretty soon the constitution goes out the window and it’s a police state!
-
-
Thank you Maxie. Excellent! Let me know where you will be preaching this Sunday. I want to be sitting up front. Amen.
Thanks pal!..... but it’s the truth too right? It rings true to our ears and senses!
Yes Maxie, it is the truth without a doubt. Thanks for putting it out there.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

And the difference between the Italian Mafia -- at least in this country -- and gangbangers and cartels are that the Mafia keeps it in their family. They don't kill with abandon -- whoever is in the way is in the way. Oh well. Also, the government has used the mafia to do their bidding numerous times. Lucky Luciano is a perfect example. I posted an article about it a while ago. So, in my opinion, the FBI has a bug up their ass about the Italian Mafia and always have.

And to take it a step further, how can a high profile guy like Jeffrey Epstein get killed in prison with all of their protective powers and yet some moron like Comello is still alive? If anyone thinks there isn't a disparity there, then they're fools. Comello is alive and protected because he killed a target of the FBI. He did them a favor. The guy's probably living the high life right now.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 pm Gravano even went and reneged on his deal by going into drugs while in witness protection, and yet he is out again.
You can kill 19 guys!..... but just become a rat, and you’ll be set free! (So long as you can put away someone else then it’s all good)!
-
This country of ours rewards being a punk! A piece of shit! A RAT, informer, Benedict Arnold, stool pidgeon, Traitor! ..... or by any other name ...... a two face spineless weasel!
-
IS THAT WHAT WE ARE TEACHING THE NEXT GENERATION?
-
God help us all!
-
You know, not to condone crime, bad behavior or “sins”
Per se! But even in the Bible we ALL HATED JUDUS! Why is that?...... tell you why!
-
He sat at the same table as Jesus. Broke bread with him. Slept, ate, laughed, hugged and was revered, loved and trusted by Jesus!
-
....... and for a small bag of gold, and to save his own butt, he betrayed our Lord! (Christian or not we all can empathize with this scenario).....
-
THATS what being a Rat is equivalent to!
-
For me ? NEVER! ..... and when you realize that 95% of guys (mob guys especially) are in jail because of rats, it puts things into better perspective I think!
-
Once a guy does his time (especially mob guys who typically often commit monetary crimes).... not terrorism or rape or child molestation!
-

parole then if the offense offers that!
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:19 pm
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-

Well you are a mob fan after all. ;)

Pogo
Two sides to the same coin! ..... but I sometimes have to wonder which one is the mob! 😉👌
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

maxiestern11 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:31 pm
bert wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 pm Gravano even went and reneged on his deal by going into drugs while in witness protection, and yet he is out again.

-
For me ? NEVER! ..... and when you realize that 95% of guys (mob guys especially) are in jail because of rats, it puts things into better perspective I think!
-
Once a guy does his time (especially mob guys who typically often commit monetary crimes).... not terrorism or rape or child molestation!
-

parole then if the offense offers that!
And I would venture to say that lies were told when the rats open their mouths. How much of those stories are really real? I mean obviously some it is and the guys about to go to prison know they did criminal stuff which is why they cop pleas, but how much of it is BS?
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

And one more thing while we’re at it! With these accusations of Wiseguy, Pogo and a few others.
-
What’s this bullshit all the time that you right away accuse guys of being the mysterious Mobfan, Vicari, etc etc (I cant even remember the other names), as soon as you are feeling the heat or can’t answer the question properly and want to deflect attention from the conversation? Right away you start throwing out bullshit at Bert, myself and others about these “bogeymen”! Lol
-
It’s getting very old fella’s!
-
How bout you get a new Schtick already!
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Maxie, as far as rats/informants are concerned, I think it's actually a good thing there is no honor among thieves. Without informants, how is law enforcement supposed to harm organized crime? Professional criminals backstabbing each other is good for normal citizens imo.
mafiastudent
Full Patched

Post by mafiastudent »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:51 pm Maxie, as far as rats/informants are concerned, I think it's actually a good thing there is no honor among thieves. Without informants, how is law enforcement supposed to harm organized crime? Professional criminals backstabbing each other is good for normal citizens imo.
I don't mean to butt myself into your conversation with Maxie, but how exactly is the mafia hurting normal citizens? To paraphrase Maxie from many of his posts...if you buy drugs, that's your choice (and not necessarily sold by mafia), if you take out a loan from a loanshark, it's your choice, etc.

And, I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but LE relying on rats to harm organized crime means they have nothing else to do with their time and that they're purposely targeting a certain demographic. It's akin to the old cops where I live who cruise the parking lots at Target looking for expired plates and cars with no village stickers. There's no point except to keep them employed.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

mafiastudent wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:01 pm I don't mean to butt myself into your conversation with Maxie, but how exactly is the mafia hurting normal citizens? To paraphrase Maxie from many of his posts...if you buy drugs, that's your choice (and not necessarily sold by mafia), if you take out a loan from a loanshark, it's your choice, etc.
It's true drugs aren't necessarily sold by the mafia, but I disagree that it's just about free choice etc. Many people who start using hard drugs do so because they are being naive or stupid, not because they purposefully want to die of an overdose. Also, the feelings of their relatives and friends should be considered.
And loansharks can ruin people by increasing the money interests to the extreme. Even though the person who took the loan knew what they were getting into, there still should be limits to the interest rates. Loan sharks are known to abuse them.
About the mafia killing or otherwise harming normal citizens, in America it happens less often than in Italy, but it still happens; look at the Kubecka/Barstow murder case for example (even though it isn't recent). And even if the victims aren't law-abiding, imo that doesn't necessarily mean they deserve to be killed or extorted etc.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:55 pm If Pete is released, the streets will run red with blood!

getimage.jpeg
:lol:
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Not to play god, but there is indeed truth to the fact that the Mafia are often given bad hands in courts. Judges do not treat them fairly. I was always on the fence about that until I really read into Tommy Gioeli and went out of my way to get some defense motions from his case. He was really fucked over a few times including how his health really went downhill while he was behind bars, and how it appears the Bureau of Prisons actually took away some of his rights out of SPITE.

In fact, in his Ping Pong case, a Bureau of Prisons lawyer cross-examining Tommy Gioeli kept on making wisecracks about the Mafia. Gioeli was talking about how he was playing Ping-Pong with his friends and the BOP attorneys kept asking him whether they were “friends of yours or friends of ours” or some shit like that.
Imagine if the roles were reversed and that was any other race. Imagine if lawyers tried to joke on CROSS-EXAMINE about a black dude playing Ping-Pong with his “brothers” or “homeboys.” There would be front page articles about the court’s racism.

Also, the racketeering laws themselves are incredibly vague. Carmine Persico was, in essence, convicted of the Carmine Galante murder because he was part of the racketeering conspiracy that authorised Galante’s death. Despite the only witness linking him to the murder, Fred DeChristopher, testifying that Persico was a good friend of Galante and directly opposed his murder. How crazy is that?

Gioeli made a good point in one of his blog posts. If nothing else, the man is very articulate and well-educated by the sounds of it. He noted how racketeering laws could technically apply to the Republican Party under Nixon whereas anybody part of the group who committed the Watergate fraud - i.e., the Republicans - could be tried under racketeering laws, even if they opposed of or had no knowledge of the Watergate scandal. Because Persico was a man found guilty of a murder he directly opposed.

I’m not saying Gioeli or Persico deserved to see the light of day. But justice should be equal for all.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

It's the life they chose knowing full well its consequences. Some have luck and succes and are able to retire wealthy and die of old age and get away with murders they were involved in, but many end up dead or in prison. No need to feel sorry for them.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Gohn.... very well put and articulate. Thank you!
-
And may I say that I do not believe that mafiosi should get a “free ride” over anybody else! You break the law and get caught? They should be punished! But as Gohn said, that punishment should be balanced in relation to others committing the same crime, and under the same circumstances.
-
What Gohn said about Gioeli having the authorizes reviewing his fall mocking him? Please!! How would any of us feel about our chances of a fair hearing if the BOP attorney’s are already disparaging you?
-
And the fact that if that would happen to any other ethnic group there would be protests and outrage in the streets screaming about civil rights violations and prejudice!
-
I make the case that the Italian people as a whole are the ONLY group in America today that the G, the newspapers and media, and public in general still feel it’s ok to verbally abuse and kick around and get away with it!
-
My theory is that of course wiseguys in general suck it up and keep their mouths shut for the most part.... and just take it! (Omertà)
-
And the Italian people in general are brought up to have faced so much adversity in their ancient history that it’s ingrained in them and has become like “water off a ducks back”!
-
But that’s a bad approach in today’s world because now you see what the government and media try and do!
-
NOBODY! BUT NOBODY! .... has a right to trample on our constitutional rights. No matter who we are or what we’ve done!
-
Put em im prison if they break the law! Parole them when and if they are eligible! ...... and throw em back in if they violate that trust!...... PERIOD! We need to protect our democracy and way of life for sure! Regardless if they are TV and media romanced characters such as The Godfather types - mafiosi -, or any other nationality or criminal type!
-
But we also must thread gingerly through the law and respect OUR constitution! Because as I stated earlier, today it’s Tommy Lucchese’s rights they smother! And nobody bats an eye because it’s Lucchese.
-
Tomorrow it’s another guy (whoever that may be)..... and we don’t bat an eye or say anything because he’s a supposed “bad guy”!
-
Pretty soon it’ll be you or I they bulldoze! And know what? There will be nobody left to bat an eye for us or speak up! It’ll be too late! Nobody’s left!
——