Family Transfers After 1931

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Family Transfers After 1931

Post by JCB1977 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:16 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 am
Frank wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:11 am
willychichi wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:35 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 am Frank Valenti broke off of Buffalo to make Rochester a Family. Did he take a whole crew with him?
Wasn't Valenti made in Pittsburgh before starting the Rochester Family?
I've read his brother was made in Pittsburgh and him in Buffalo. Also didn't Valachi testify that he was made in Bonannos. But I've also seen where he also was made in Pittsburgh. Wasn't Rochester a Buffalo crew originally? So I'm not quite sure of both him and his brother. But it looks like they both might have transferred from Pittsburgh. It all depends on which scenario was the true one.
was a buffalo crew thats why i remmember him being a buffalo made guy.

y askig if valachi was made in pitts? iv never seen that anywhere.... also i believe Bonanno acted as a advisor of sort...he was almost like a maranzano member at that time.

did we ever narrow it down to what fam he was?

what i was trying to say is;

rochestern was a buffalo crew thats why i remmember him being a buffalo made guy.

did u ask was valachi was made in pitts? iv never seen that anywhere.... also i believe Bonanno acted as a advisor of sort...he was almost like a maranzano member at that time.

did we ever narrow it down to what fam he was?
i think it might have been the lucchese ??
Rochester was a Buffalo crew...but Tony Pep helped Rochester break off to have its own family with the Valenti’s at the helm. Pittsburgh got a piece of Rochester gambling and so did Buffalo...until the early 1970’s.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 pm
AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm I always thought D’Arca would have been better off if he would have transferred to Pittsburgh
According to his book, he didn’t want to take orders from his cousin Joe Sica...who was respected by the brass and feared on the streets.
I also read that, but I bet in retrospect he wishes he could avoided taking orders from those two psychopaths
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stefano Randazzo- Cleveland to Tampa
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:27 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 pm
AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm I always thought D’Arca would have been better off if he would have transferred to Pittsburgh
According to his book, he didn’t want to take orders from his cousin Joe Sica...who was respected by the brass and feared on the streets.
I also read that, but I bet in retrospect he wishes he could avoided taking orders from those two psychopaths
You may be correct my friend

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ralph carpinelli Detroit to Cleveland at least according to the fbi
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:21 am Ralph carpinelli Detroit to Cleveland at least according to the fbi
I've never seen that confirmed

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 am
Stroccos wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:21 am Ralph carpinelli Detroit to Cleveland at least according to the fbi
I've never seen that confirmed
The fbi has carpinelli on the Cleveland chart , he was arrested with yonnie licavoli and did like 30-40 years in prison ,
There are Mary ferral files claiming he was taken care of by the Cleveland family while in prison
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

John "Peanuts" Tronolone- Buffalo to Cleveland

***According to an interview with Angelo Lonardo for his documentary Sugar Wars, he stated that John "Peanuts" Tronolone was originally made by Buffalo and transferred to Cleveland. Lonardo said his brother Domenic was made in Buffalo and proposed by Peanuts for membership

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

JCB1977 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:15 pm John "Peanuts" Tronolone- Buffalo to Cleveland

***According to an interview with Angelo Lonardo for his documentary Sugar Wars, he stated that John "Peanuts" Tronolone was originally made by Buffalo and transferred to Cleveland. Lonardo said his brother Domenic was made in Buffalo and proposed by Peanuts for membership
Have you seen anything on Tronolone originally being a made Gambino?
There you have it, never printed before.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:58 am
JCB1977 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:15 pm John "Peanuts" Tronolone- Buffalo to Cleveland

Never heard that
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Stroccos wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Never heard that
Really? i have heard it. but can't back it up at all... so I was just waiting see if anyone else heard it
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 pm
Stroccos wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Never heard that
Really? i have heard it. but can't back it up at all... so I was just waiting see if anyone else heard it
Ok
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar do you have any info on Joe Esty aka Esposito being a member of the Outfit and later changing membership in the LA fam?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I never heard or saw anything remotely close to that. I've read that Peanuts Tronolone was very close to Tony Salerno so if he was made in any family in NYC, I would have suspected the Genovese's because of his close friendship with Salerno.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 am

I never heard or saw anything remotely close to that. I've read that Peanuts Tronolone was very close to Tony Salerno so if he was made in any family in NYC, I would have suspected the Genovese's because of his close friendship with Salerno.
Ok thanks. The FBI have him listed as a made Gambino on lists dated early 1970s. Thats most probably inaccurate. If I remember correctly, he was active down in Florida at the time and in partnership with other Gambino members. Informants probably mistook him for a Gambino soldier I guess.
There you have it, never printed before.