Family Transfers After 1931

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Family Transfers After 1931

Post by JeremyTheJew »

to make it more confusing i read Frank Valenti Wiki:

Frank and his brother Constenze "Stanley" Valenti were among the 100+ Mafiosi that attended the legendary Apalachin Meeting in 1957. At the time, Frank was underboss of the family. Joe Valachi identified the Valenti brothers as central figures in the Mafia when he became a government witness in 1963. Valachi also stated that Frank was a soldier in the Bonanno crime family of New York City.[1]

According to the U.S. Social Security Death Index, Frank was born in Pittsburgh, PA where he became a powerful crime figure throughout the 1930s - 1950s. Valenti also owned a chain of Spaghetti Village restaurants in PA. In 1958, Frank's brother Stanley was boss of the Rochester crime family and refused to cooperate with law enforcement regarding questioning about the Apalachin Meeting. As a result, Constenze was sentenced to 16 months in prison. Jake Russo took this opportunity to seize control of the family. Frank tried to intervene but was ordered out of the state for 3 years following a conviction for violation of the election laws. He moved back to Pittsburgh in the early 1960s, serving as a capo in the Pittsburgh crime family under John LaRocca. In 1964, with support from the LaRocca family, Valenti returned to Rochester and took control of the family. Jake Russo disappeared around that time, never to be seen again.

In 1970, Valenti informed Stefano Magaddino that the Rochester crime family would no longer pay tribute to Buffalo; the Rochester crime family was on its own, with support from the Pittsburgh crime family. He had a stint in federal prison on extortion charges, before moving to Arizona, and then Texas.

Frank Valenti was A commissioned member of Buffalo, NY He moved to Arizona in 1977, where he was allowed to retire.

He died on September 20, 2008 at a nursing home in Sugar Land outside Houston at the age of 97.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

sooooo valachi maybe did testify he was bonanno.

says both brothers were born pitts.
then it says there brother Stanly was boss?? and Frank was a UB....
confusing part is after he left rochester he became a larocca capo - and originally broke away from maggadino
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm sooooo valachi maybe did testify he was bonanno.

confusing part is after he left rochester he became a larocca capo - and originally broke away from maggadino
Thanks for the additional info Jeremy. The more information we find the more confusing the Valenti's path gets. :lol:
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

willychichi wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:21 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:04 pm sooooo valachi maybe did testify he was bonanno.

Thanks for the additional info Jeremy. The more information we find the more confusing the Valenti's path gets. :lol:
yeah wiki has never been a great source.... theres been fake names.... sometimes even fake ppl in admins on wiki. sounds like giacomo vacari
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Rochester is interesting.... they had the so called A-B-C wars when Valenti went to prison
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

and lastly heres a shortned.quote from JCB:

"....Costenze "Stan" Valenti, former boss in Rochester, NY who was made in Pittsburgh and with the support of Tony Ripepi and Big John LaRocca went on to start his own family with his brother Frank Valenti. "

Originaly were talking Frank but his brother can be added to list
johngotti2018
On Record

Post by johngotti2018 »

Eugene "Rooster" Onofrio was a gambino associate but was made in the early 2000s in the genovese family due rpblems with another gambino wiseguy.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

no input on on Valenti?
i guess JCB claim shows it wasnt a buffalo crew...
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

It's not a definite fact that Pinelli transferred to Los Angeles. It's just an opinion because there are contradictory stories. Ovid Demaris in his book "Captive City", published in 1969, stated that Pinelli always belonged to Chicago even if he moved to California. There was a statement made in 1968 by an anonymous informant who stated Pinelli transferred to L.A. However, everything Pinelli ever did was with the Chicago Outfit. He never did anything for the L.A. Family. Johnny Roselli is more debatable. it is possible he transferred back to Chicago after Dragna died in 1956. However, again, he never did anything for the L.A. Family while Dragna was alive.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Confederate wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 pm It's not a definite fact that Pinelli transferred to Los Angeles. It's just an opinion because there are contradictory stories. Ovid Demaris in his book "Captive City", published in 1969, stated that Pinelli always belonged to Chicago even if he moved to California. There was a statement made in 1968 by an anonymous informant who stated Pinelli transferred to L.A. However, everything Pinelli ever did was with the Chicago Outfit. He never did anything for the L.A. Family. Johnny Roselli is more debatable. it is possible he transferred back to Chicago after Dragna died in 1956. However, again, he never did anything for the L.A. Family while Dragna was alive.
Wasn’t roselli part owner of a offshore gambling boat with dragna ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Stroccos wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:35 am
Confederate wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:26 pm It's not a definite fact that Pinelli transferred to Los Angeles. It's just an opinion because there are contradictory stories. Ovid Demaris in his book "Captive City", published in 1969, stated that Pinelli always belonged to Chicago even if he moved to California. There was a statement made in 1968 by an anonymous informant who stated Pinelli transferred to L.A. However, everything Pinelli ever did was with the Chicago Outfit. He never did anything for the L.A. Family. Johnny Roselli is more debatable. it is possible he transferred back to Chicago after Dragna died in 1956. However, again, he never did anything for the L.A. Family while Dragna was alive.
Wasn’t roselli part owner of a offshore gambling boat with dragna ?
Yes, I believe the gambling boat was called The Rose Isle. However, since Ricca sent Roselli to L.A. for the movie business, it was a Chicago/L.A. partnership along with a couple other co-owners. Roselli represented Chicago in L.A. He was close to Dragna but was more like a partner. He didn't take orders from Dragna. There is no evidence of it. However, there is plenty of evidence that during the Dragna years Roselli took orders from the top Brass in Chicago and was convicted with them in 1943 in the Hollywood Extortion Plot. Nitti, Ricca....... etc.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:20 pm Made guys only:

Here are some, can others name more?

- Nick Licata - Detroit to Los Angeles, 1940s
- Nick Gentile - Pittsburgh to New York (Mangano/Gambino Family), c1932
- Charles Battaglia - Los Angeles to Bonannos/Arizona, 1960s
- Nick Bianco - Profaci Family to New England, 1950s
- Anthony Pinelli - Chicago to Los Angeles, 1965
- John Roselli - Los Angeles to Chicago, 1956
- Jimmy Fratianno - Los Angeles to Chicago, 1950s
- Jimmy Fratianno - Chicago to Los Angeles, 1970s
- Vincenzo Troia - Springfield to Newark, c1935
- Girolamo Adamo - Kansas City to Los Angeles, 1930s/40s
- James Franzone - Chicago to San Francisco, 1930s/40s
Dominick Anzalone- Pittsburgh to San Jose
Anthony Lima- Pittsburgh to San Jose
Salvatore Marino-Pittsburgh to San Jose (Father of Angelo)
Frank Valenti- Pittsburgh to Rochester
Costenze "Stan" Valenti- Pittsburgh-Rochester
Last edited by JCB1977 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 am Frank Valenti broke off of Buffalo to make Rochester a Family. Did he take a whole crew with him?
Frank Valenti was made in Pittsburgh. His brother Stan married Pittsburgh Capo Antonio Ripepi’s daughter and Ripepi actually was instrumental in helping his son in law and his brother break off Pittsburgh to start a new family...with the blessing of Buffalo of course. Ripepi’s other son in law was top rackets figure John Bazzano Jr...making Bazzano Jr and Stan Valenti brother in laws.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

I always thought D’Arca would have been better off if he would have transferred to Pittsburgh
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm I always thought D’Arca would have been better off if he would have transferred to Pittsburgh
According to his book, he didn’t want to take orders from his cousin Joe Sica...who was respected by the brass and feared on the streets.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP