Gangland News July 20th 2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Gangland News July 20th 2023

Post by Tonyd621 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:08 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:04 am The management of the family is fine.They’ve had guys such as Cacace,Gioeli,Russo and Cambria in these positions.
The admin assigned the takeover of the union to Richard Ferrara, if I remember correctly.Loose lips is what hurt the admin
I'll take this post at face value.

The mgmt of the family is fine? The complete mgmt of the fam is locked up. The complete mgmt.

And the person assigned the takeover, flipped.

I don't know what barometers you use for success, but for a mafia family, rats and prison shouldn't be two.
The "barometer for success" is resiliency." That's what they show in spite of all aforementioned issues. And as long as you have guys like Mush Russo who's on his deathbed saying "I can't rest..."
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:08 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:04 am The management of the family is fine.They’ve had guys such as Cacace,Gioeli,Russo and Cambria in these positions.
The admin assigned the takeover of the union to Richard Ferrara, if I remember correctly.Loose lips is what hurt the admin
I'll take this post at face value.

The mgmt of the family is fine? The complete mgmt of the fam is locked up. The complete mgmt.

And the person assigned the takeover, flipped.

I don't know what barometers you use for success, but for a mafia family, rats and prison shouldn't be two.
Pennisi has said that Russo did a good job of holding them together. The past Street Bosses were all people who deserved that position.That’s what I was referring to when saying that the management is fine
Ferrara flipping was something that took us all by surprise. It’s not the admins fault.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Mush and Benji got pinched in the huge mafia takedown day in 2011ish and were again popped in their same respective positions a decade later. I think that has to speak to some form of stability and respect they were able to bring to the family
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:33 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:05 pm You assuming he’s making no money and it’s all going to the imprisoned underboss and Consigliere is baseless speculation tbf, we don’t know the ins and outs, didnt Pennisi say recently the consigliere position isn’t for life
How much money do you think Castellazzo is making Tommy?

Mush, Castellazzo, Dematteo, Vinny Unions, Ferrara and Uvino were each fighting over $10k a month from a union.

What's that, a couple of grand a piece a month?

How many Unions you think are kicking $10k to the Colombos these days? 2/3? Maybe?

Now you tell me much the new AB will be getting.
Why don't you tell us? you talk like you have all the facts.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:39 am Pennisi has said that Russo did a good job of holding them together. The past Street Bosses were all people who deserved that position.That’s what I was referring to when saying that the management is fine
Ferrara flipping was something that took us all by surprise. It’s not the admins fault.
The next time Barney and Ernie get nabbed I'll be on team good management.

Until then, I see a difference.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Teflon Dom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:46 pm Why don't you tell us? you talk like you have all the facts.
Happy to help you out.

So why ARENT Barney/Ernie and Cefalu/Mannino getting caught on tape being directly involved in extortion schemes?
A) They're better at avoiding LE taps/surveillance/rats etc?
B) They're not stupid enough to get directly involved.

So if it's B (hint, it is) then why are Mush, Benji, DeMatteo, Ferrara, Unions, teddy ALL involved?

They all:
A) love the game so much they just have to all be involved with every racket? Or ...
B) Broke as fuck and need the money?

Hint. It's B.

If it was A, Barney and Mannino would likewise be getting nabbed for 'love of the game', They're not. Neither is Ernie, Cefalu, nor was Cali or Petey Red. Work out why.
You think Mush and Benji at 80+ love it all so much They're hands on and willing to risk a pinch? OR they need the dollars so bad theyre trying to keep any income stream to themselves.

What's more important? Mush, Benji and Ralph being on the street? A full admin, representing? Or risking a pinch for 2k each. We know what they chose, the why follows pretty easily.

My opinion. Believe what you like.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Teflon Dom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:46 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:33 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:05 pm You assuming he’s making no money and it’s all going to the imprisoned underboss and Consigliere is baseless speculation tbf, we don’t know the ins and outs, didnt Pennisi say recently the consigliere position isn’t for life
How much money do you think Castellazzo is making Tommy?

Mush, Castellazzo, Dematteo, Vinny Unions, Ferrara and Uvino were each fighting over $10k a month from a union.

What's that, a couple of grand a piece a month?

How many Unions you think are kicking $10k to the Colombos these days? 2/3? Maybe?

Now you tell me much the new AB will be getting.
Why don't you tell us? you talk like you have all the facts.

Fuggetaboutit

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:23 pm So if it's B (hint, it is) then why are Mush, Benji, DeMatteo, Ferrara, Unions, teddy ALL involved?

They all:
A) love the game so much they just have to all be involved with every racket? Or ...
B) Broke as fuck and need the money?

Hint. It's B.

If it was A, Barney and Mannino would likewise be getting nabbed for 'love of the game', They're not. Neither is Ernie, Cefalu, nor was Cali or Petey Red. Work out why.
You think Mush and Benji at 80+ love it all so much They're hands on and willing to risk a pinch? OR they need the dollars so bad theyre trying to keep any income stream to themselves.

What's more important? Mush, Benji and Ralph being on the street? A full admin, representing? Or risking a pinch for 2k each. We know what they chose, the why follows pretty easily.

My opinion. Believe what you like.
Regarding Castellazzo
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:10 pm What's clear is, he is old school. Not in it for the money. His mob life is his identity.
Sonny I think they're just confused because of your past statement.
And to be fair each person you listed put up or was willing to put up millions for bail. It came out Ferrara owns 3 shopping malls with his brother. It's unlikely any of them are broke.
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

This isnt huge news,It only counts if they make an official boss not acting.The colombos need to forget about making Teddy the official boss hes never going to be off probation ever.He will just keep going in and out of prison for the rest of his life.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

OcSleeper wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:00 pm Sonny I think they're just confused because of your past statement.
And to be fair each person you listed put up or was willing to put up millions for bail. It came out Ferrara owns 3 shopping malls with his brother. It's unlikely any of them are broke.
Sure. I can understand. Castellazzo is in the life, for the life, it's his identity. I doubt he'll roll, he'll die in jail. He's a dyed in the wool wiseguy.

But that has nothing, and I mean nothing to do with these guys pecking over the remains of a 10k union racket.

Castellazzo being a wiseguy through and through has nothing to do with the revenue of the family or his wealth or income from the family.

Again, I read the tea leaves that the Bo's admin directly involving themselves to divvy up a paltry 10k between 3 Capos and the entire admin as a sign of financial distress. Beji being a authentic wiseguy has got little to nothing to do with it.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:31 pm
Again, I read the tea leaves that the Bo's admin directly involving themselves to divvy up a paltry 10k between 3 Capos and the entire admin as a sign of financial distress. Beji being a authentic wiseguy has got little to nothing to do with it.
You’ve described the Colombo admin as ‘fighting’ and ‘pecking’ over this 10k but I didn’t remember anything like that so I went back to the original story to refresh my memory and this is what I found.

From Capeci;
Both took place at Brennan And Carr, a legendary 83-year-old Sheepshead Bay restaurant that specializes in juicy roast beef sandwiches. The eatery, ironically, has long been a favorite meeting spot of law enforcement officials.

In their detention memo, prosecutors wrote that Persico, Castellazzo, and DeMatteo were at a November 19 restaurant meeting with capos Ferrara and Ricciardo.

Russo, the family's new "official boss," oversaw a second meeting at the same restaurant, they wrote. At the second confab, the family leaders "decided that Russo would continue to serve as family Boss" until Persico, a nephew of late boss Carmine (Junior) Persico, completed his supervised release term in 2023 and was capable of taking over the reins — a plan that was scotched by the indictment.

At that session, the prosecutors wrote, the "Colombo administration" also discussed the long-running Vinny Unions extortion plot against the Local 621 union leader that Colombo family consigliere DeMatteo allegedly took over in 2019.

During the same session, wrote prosecutors McDonald and Lash, the Colombo family leaders placed capo Ferrara "in charge of supervising the scheme" to also extort"at least $10,000 per month" from Local 621's benefit funds and funnel that cash "up to (the) senior leadership" of the bourghata.

At the one meeting with the full admin they decide Russo will continue as boss which shows the admin wasn’t gathering to only speak about this Union extortion but also that it was ‘at least 10k a month’. And this ‘10k at least’ was something new they were extorting from the benefits fund and separate from whatever they had been getting for the previous 20 years. Most importantly no signs of anyone fighting or arguing over any of this at all. Maybe there are other articles showing that? I searched and can’t find anything like that.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:31 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:00 pm Sonny I think they're just confused because of your past statement.
Sure. I can understand. Castellazzo is in the life, for the life, it's his identity. I doubt he'll roll, he'll die in jail. He's a dyed in the wool wiseguy.

But that has nothing, and I mean nothing to do with these guys pecking over the remains of a 10k union racket.

Castellazzo being a wiseguy through and through has nothing to do with the revenue of the family or his wealth or income from the family.

So they are all broke then, peanuts being kicked up, it’s over
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Has Cacace finished his supervised release, maybe he fills one of the admin spots now
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:14 am At the one meeting with the full admin they decide Russo will continue as boss which shows the admin wasn’t gathering to only speak about this Union extortion but also that it was ‘at least 10k a month’. And this ‘10k at least’ was something new they were extorting from the benefits fund and separate from whatever they had been getting for the previous 20 years. Most importantly no signs of anyone fighting or arguing over any of this at all. Maybe there are other articles showing that? I searched and can’t find anything like that.
Johnny, dude, stop. The semantics.
You got me dead to rights. There was no quoted fighting or nit picking. These were Sonny's conclusions. I take them back. There is no evidence of fighting over a single racket.
I want to remove this stupid point as a contention of argument. Cool?

What my LARGER point, was that having this number of mgmt, ie the whole admin, AND 30-40% of your captains involved, in a singular 10k racket, indicates, TO ME, a likely sign of financial stress. I want to debate that point. How is it not, in your reasoned opinion?

So you've won the 'in fighting' argument, can you address the larger point I'm trying to make?

Be better than Tommy and contribute an evidence based supposition vs being a baseless negative.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

TommyGambino wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:45 am So they are all broke then, peanuts being kicked up, it’s over
Good argument bud. You got me.