General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Tonyd621 »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:13 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:05 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:48 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:12 am FWIW, Scott's sources are telling him that Paul Carparelli has been forgiven by Outfit higher-ups for his past zany antics because he stood up and has since mellowed out a bit as they wanted from him, and he wants to take a leadership position in Cicero. He's not even made, is he? Unless he's one of those rumored Sarno inductees or something.

Personally I hope this is true just for the potential entertainment value. “I think the guys wants his legs broke.”
"I guess you gotta like people. My problem is I hate everybody."
How does Scott know all this?
Presumably he’s hearing this from a source or sources who are talking to him. Now, whether the source/s may be wrong or have their own agenda for conveying specific info to Scott — when they know he will report it to the public — those are question I’m not in the position to answer.
Well, what do you think? My opinion is not as valuable as yours. But I don't think Scott has a source this high up. I mean this conversations are not among people who aren't involved in that organization. It's like someone reporting to Scott as soon as a sit-down is over with.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:40 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:12 am FWIW, Scott's sources are telling him that Paul Carparelli has been forgiven by Outfit higher-ups for his past zany antics because he stood up and has since mellowed out a bit as they wanted from him, and he wants to take a leadership position in Cicero. He's not even made, is he? Unless he's one of those rumored Sarno inductees or something.

Personally I hope this is true just for the potential entertainment value. “I think the guys wants his legs broke.”
Presumably he’s hearing this from a source or sources who are talking to him. Now, whether the source/s may be wrong or have their own agenda for conveying specific info to Scott — when they know he will report it to the public — those are question I’m not in the position to answer.
Well, what do you think? My opinion is not as valuable as yours. But I don't think Scott has a source this high up. I mean this conversations are not among people who aren't involved in that organization. It's like someone reporting to Scott as soon as a sit-down is over with.
I have no idea what Carparelli's actual status or position is. I have no idea if he is made or not, and if he is made, I have no idea if he is a contender for a captain position. I also don't know for sure who Scott's source on this is, whether they're really in a position to know this information, or whether they are saying these things because they have a specific agenda that I would also not be aware of.

In terms of opinion, I don't have a strong opinion about Carparelli today one way or the other. As has already been said, he took a pinch and so far as we know stood up, so it's possible that he could have gained some respect or favor. I don't think it's all that implausible that he could be made (whether by Sarno or since Sarno went away), but again I have no idea what the truth actually is here.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:00 pm He's seen Scott's articles and likes them. He didn't really have much to say about Jimmy I before he died. I can tell you with everything happening I am more hesitant to put any of his info out here. His safety is more important than his information.
Thanks for the reply. It's my fault for not being specific but one thing I'm curious about and I should've said is has he commented on Scott's info on Cataudella and Inendino?

You shared your source previously said Cataudella was the underboss and Inendino was in the background of Cicero (i assume that meant Captain) whereas Scott's reporting kinda had it flipped with Inendino as underboss and Cataudella (and Dino Marino) in charge of Cicero.

It seems a lot of Scott's info and what your source said is similar but this was the one thing was stood out as different. If he has read that is he still sure Cataudella or does he believe he kightve been wrong?

And of course it's up to you what you do and do not share. If you feel it's too risky I think we'd all understand if you chose not to.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:40 pm

Scott has some good sources. That's all I can say.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

OcSleeper wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:13 pm
Antiliar wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:00 pm He's seen Scott's articles and likes them. He didn't really have much to say about Jimmy I before he died. I can tell you with everything happening I am more hesitant to put any of his info out here. His safety is more important than his information.
Thanks for the reply. It's my fault for not being specific but one thing I'm curious about and I should've said is has he commented on Scott's info on Cataudella and Inendino?

You shared your source previously said Cataudella was the underboss and Inendino was in the background of Cicero (i assume that meant Captain) whereas Scott's reporting kinda had it flipped with Inendino as underboss and Cataudella (and Dino Marino) in charge of Cicero.

It seems a lot of Scott's info and what your source said is similar but this was the one thing was stood out as different. If he has read that is he still sure Cataudella or does he believe he kightve been wrong?

And of course it's up to you what you do and do not share. If you feel it's too risky I think we'd all understand if you chose not to.
The thing to remember is that these guys are social media savvy and for all we know some are members of this group lurking. Let's not forget that although we joke about some of them here, there's still a number of serious guys there. Not New York numbers obviously, but enough to cause problems. They also still have connections in high places. Maybe after things settle down I'll share some info.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

imagine Carparelli as the actual boss, that would rule so much
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

In 2016 a prosecutors in his case referred to him as "a wannabe made member of the Outfit." Now he's in running for captain.

That's a go-getter.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:37 pm That's a go-getter.
actually Paulie kind of is a real go-getter :lol:
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:00 pm
“This is what I’m made of. This is where I come from. And I’m fuckin’ proud of it.”
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

If Sal Cautadella is rumored to be boss, what about his brother Nick? Is Nick Cautadella even made? I was reading up on some old posts about them being related to Vito Scavo the former police chief that Fosco used to spend a lot of articles writing about.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:59 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:00 pm
“This is what I’m made of. This is where I come from. And I’m fuckin’ proud of it.”
Someone really needs to put together an EDM track with Carparelli quotes from the actual wiretaps sampled throughout.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I hope he is on a track to Captain, it would make things interesting :D
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

funkster wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:17 pm I hope he is on a track to Captain, it would make things interesting :D
He's a hoot. Very entertaining figure. Didn't think the mob would ever produce some super-colorful guys in this century, and then this character just came out of nowhere a few years ago. :lol:

That said, it's just impossible for me to picture that guy as a Chicago Outfit area boss. My brain just can't imagine it no matter how hard I try.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

People like to talk. Law enforcement and the street. Scott is careful to always use "per sources" because he can't *guarantee* the veracity of the information, only that people he considers somewhat reliable are conveying that info to him. However you decide to interpret that is up to you. I will say that Scott has at least a couple pretty good Chicago sources that he has personally spoken with that I know of, one or more of which may surprise people.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:42 pm
funkster wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:17 pm I hope he is on a track to Captain, it would make things interesting :D
He's a hoot. Very entertaining figure. Didn't think the mob would ever produce some super-colorful guys in this century, and then this character just came out of nowhere a few years ago. :lol:
Paulie Cap is a very Chicago (and specifically Cicero) kind of character. I’m really hoping that the guy becomes boss of the entire Family some day and someone flips on him and records dozens of hours of Paulie talking shit.

Just think of the absolute gold mine that we missed out on because no one recorded Joey fuckin’ Lombardo like this. That shit would’ve been the motherload of mob quotes (yeah, yeah, nuttin’ but da trut’).