General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ed
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Ed »

Snakes wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:53 pm BTW, Scott has an op-ed up on his site. He said the FBI created 302s if they brought a guy in for questioning and he gave them one answer. I don't know if that's enough to get you an informant number, but it could be. I can't attest to the 302s from that time period, so I don't have a reason to doubt Scott, here. I disagree that it was the FBI that leaked it, however.
The FBI gave Johnny Roselli and Charles Tourine symbol numbers in the 1960s even though they weren't talking.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Do we have a memo similar for them that we can compare?

The Inendino one says he gave info on TFIS. The fact he was carried as 6931-C for two separate periods for 10 years doesn't that lean towards he was continuously giving info throughout those periods?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:15 pm Do we have a memo similar for them that we can compare?

The Inendino one says he gave info on TFIS. The fact he was carried as 6931-C for two separate periods for 10 years doesn't that lean towards he was continuously giving info throughout those periods?
No, it specified the time period he gave info and it wasn't continuous. I don't remember exactly off the top of my head, but Rick (Ant) posted a screenshot earlier in the thread.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Sorry it wasn't 10 years, got confused on the dates when I look at the file. The periods were March, 1965 to May, 1969 and May, 1974 to March, 1975. When I said continuous I meant in the two periods that I was thinking were 4 years each.

I'm Scott's article that I've only seen a quote from its saying
Yes, his name appears in 302s. Yes, the document presented in the ABC report shows the FBI assigning Jimmy I some sort of CI identification code. What needs to be understood though is it was protocol in the 1960s and 1970s that 302s were filled out and filed after anybody was brought in for questioning and answered a single question. The procedures for the drafting and filing of 302s has since been altered, but back then, agents played fast and loose with terminology and the more 302s you filed the faster you moved up the promotion chain. The FBI most likely didn’t leak a more recent document showing cooperation because there isn’t one.
I'm not sure if Scott says this is the case or he's just offering another possibility. But my question was if Inendino was given a CI code just for answering "a single question" why does it indicate he gave info for a four year period, then again for a year long period, and at the bottom say the info he gave mostly related to TFIS? Were CI codes given to people who answered any question, OC related or not?

I'm not trying to criticize Scott or anything, I'm just trying to understand. To me it seems pretty clear this wasn't a case of an agent playing fast and loose with labeling guys CIs with that last sentence saying the info he was giving related to truck hijackings.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

They assign different suffixes to potential informants and sources who aren't fully cooperating. I don't know if the number part of the code stays the same if they're converted into a full-on CI but a distinction is made depending on the type of source they are.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:29 pm Sorry it wasn't 10 years, got confused on the dates when I look at the file. The periods were March, 1965 to May, 1969 and May, 1974 to March, 1975. When I said continuous I meant in the two periods that I was thinking were 4 years each.

Yes, his name appears in 302s. Yes, the document presented in the ABC report shows the FBI assigning Jimmy I some sort of CI identification code. What needs to be understood though is it was protocol in the 1960s and 1970s that 302s were filled out and filed after anybody was brought in for questioning and answered a single question. The procedures for the drafting and filing of 302s has since been altered, but back then, agents played fast and loose with terminology and the more 302s you filed the faster you moved up the promotion chain. The FBI most likely didn’t leak a more recent document showing cooperation because there isn’t one.
I'm not sure if Scott says this is the case or he's just offering another possibility. But my question was if Inendino was given a CI code just for answering "a single question" why does it indicate he gave info for a four year period, then again for a year long period, and at the bottom say the info he gave mostly related to TFIS? Were CI codes given to people who answered any question, OC related or not?

I'm not trying to criticize Scott or anything, I'm just trying to understand. To me it seems pretty clear this wasn't a case of an agent playing fast and loose with labeling guys CIs with that last sentence saying the info he was giving related to truck hijackings.
His other issue is the Lucchese/Inendino connection. That entire premise becomes even more of a stretch if Inendino was a previous informant.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Jimmy inendino was an informant??

Post by johnny_scootch »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:26 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:15 am There are pages from his fbi file floating around the internet and if they are real they confirm he was an informant from March ‘65 to May ‘69 and again from May ‘71 to March ‘75.
Multiple pages floating around the internet? Where?
If you do a google search you should be able to find them. They’re all over Instagram on all the mob feeds.

Top Chicago mob figure James 'Jimmy I' Inendino worked as FBI informant
An ABC7 I-Team Exclusive

CHICAGO (WLS) -- James "Jimmy I" Inendino has always been known as a devoted Outfit member and lately known as one of the top leaders of the Chicago Mob. Now, the I-Team is revealing what has been unknown to most.

Inendino is listed in FBI records obtained by the I-Team as Informant Number 6931-C. Documents show his FBI connection dates back in the late 1960s and mid-1970s. This information did not appear to be common knowledge all the way up to Inendino's death of natural causes at age 80 this past week.

Inendino was rarely pictured in Outfit stories, despite being a rising star and eventually running the powerful Cicero street crew, according to mobologists.

Inendino's organized crime career spanned decades. His wake was held Monday after he died this past Thursday at age 80.

Now, an FBI record obtained tonight by the I-Team may come as a surprise to those who knew Jimmy "The I" Inendino. Some suspect "The I" stood for ice pick.

According to the FBI, Inendino was carried as an informant of the Chicago office under symbol number 6931-C from March 1965 until May 1969 and from May 1974 until March 1975.

Inendino was furnishing FBI information about truck cargo thefts, an area that authorities say was his specialty back in the day.

"I doubt that the Outfit knew that he was an informant for the FBI for two clear periods of time and I think what you have is clear on incontrovertible proof that he was in fact an informant. There it is in an FBI memo," said Outfit expert and author John Binder.

Binder told the I-Team that Inendino as an informant raises many questions for his mob associates.

"Did he get jammed up on something related to current stuff and did he agree to therefore cooperate with them? And, if he cooperated with the FBI, did he really cooperate big time?" asked Binder.

Binder says Inendino was eventually a made, blood-oath member of the mob and would have been lately reporting only to Salvatore "Solly D" DeLaurentis, considered by law enforcement to be the Outfit's current leader. DeLaurentis apparently signed Inendino's funeral book online: "thank you so much for what you did for my boys. I am having three trees planted in memory of you."

Now, the lingering question is: how long did Inendino cooperate?

"I would guess there's some shaking of heads and some maybe some concern. If he was cooperating later, when he was a full member and really knew stuff, that could cause quite a bit of concern," Binder said.

The two attorneys most recently listed on Inendino's federal cases did not immediately return requests for comment by the I-Team.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:24 am
OcSleeper wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:29 pm Sorry it wasn't 10 years, got confused on the dates when I look at the file. The periods were March, 1965 to May, 1969 and May, 1974 to March, 1975. When I said continuous I meant in the two periods that I was thinking were 4 years each.

His other issue is the Lucchese/Inendino connection. That entire premise becomes even more of a stretch if Inendino was a previous informant.
It's not though, John Pennisi confirmed it and that's just a fact. If that's the case then JP is also wrong about it. He didn't just say he "heard", he basically said that he knew from his time being close to Patty Red.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

funkster wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:24 am

It's not though, John Pennisi confirmed it and that's just a fact. If that's the case then JP is also wrong about it. He didn't just say he "heard", he basically said that he knew from his time being close to Patty Red.
Didn't JP essentially just confirm Dellarusso knew Chicago guys? I remembered him essentially saying regarding the Outfit and Lucchese racket as 'if that is true, there is only one way it will end - indictments.'

You could be right and I missed him confirming it. Someone should ask JP how Dellarusso must be feeling this week reading the Chicago papers.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:31 am

Didn't JP essentially just confirm Dellarusso knew Chicago guys? I remembered him essentially saying regarding the Outfit and Lucchese racket as 'if that is true, there is only one way it will end - indictments.'

You could be right and I missed him confirming it. Someone should ask JP how Dellarusso must be feeling this week reading the Chicago papers.
No he didnt straight up say they had rackets together, but he was vague. Your post says the entire premise of their connection becomes a problem if he's an informant. You think Patty Red travels to Chicago regularly if he just knew them? Nothing is set in stone, but i dont think this means anything as far as that connection goes.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: Jimmy inendino was an informant??

Post by Antiliar »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:27 am
Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:26 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:15 am There are pages from his fbi file floating around the internet and if they are real they confirm he was an informant from March ‘65 to May ‘69 and again from May ‘71 to March ‘75.
Multiple pages floating around the internet? Where?
If you do a google search you should be able to find them. They’re all over Instagram on all the mob feeds.

Top Chicago mob figure James 'Jimmy I' Inendino worked as FBI informant
An ABC7 I-Team Exclusive

CHICAGO (WLS) -- James "Jimmy I" Inendino has always been known as a devoted Outfit member and lately known as one of the top leaders of the Chicago Mob. Now, the I-Team is revealing what has been unknown to most.

Inendino is listed in FBI records obtained by the I-Team as Informant Number 6931-C. Documents show his FBI connection dates back in the late 1960s and mid-1970s. This information did not appear to be common knowledge all the way up to Inendino's death of natural causes at age 80 this past week.

Inendino was rarely pictured in Outfit stories, despite being a rising star and eventually running the powerful Cicero street crew, according to mobologists.

Inendino's organized crime career spanned decades. His wake was held Monday after he died this past Thursday at age 80.

Now, an FBI record obtained tonight by the I-Team may come as a surprise to those who knew Jimmy "The I" Inendino. Some suspect "The I" stood for ice pick.

According to the FBI, Inendino was carried as an informant of the Chicago office under symbol number 6931-C from March 1965 until May 1969 and from May 1974 until March 1975.

Inendino was furnishing FBI information about truck cargo thefts, an area that authorities say was his specialty back in the day.

"I doubt that the Outfit knew that he was an informant for the FBI for two clear periods of time and I think what you have is clear on incontrovertible proof that he was in fact an informant. There it is in an FBI memo," said Outfit expert and author John Binder.

Binder told the I-Team that Inendino as an informant raises many questions for his mob associates.

"Did he get jammed up on something related to current stuff and did he agree to therefore cooperate with them? And, if he cooperated with the FBI, did he really cooperate big time?" asked Binder.

Binder says Inendino was eventually a made, blood-oath member of the mob and would have been lately reporting only to Salvatore "Solly D" DeLaurentis, considered by law enforcement to be the Outfit's current leader. DeLaurentis apparently signed Inendino's funeral book online: "thank you so much for what you did for my boys. I am having three trees planted in memory of you."

Now, the lingering question is: how long did Inendino cooperate?

"I would guess there's some shaking of heads and some maybe some concern. If he was cooperating later, when he was a full member and really knew stuff, that could cause quite a bit of concern," Binder said.

The two attorneys most recently listed on Inendino's federal cases did not immediately return requests for comment by the I-Team.
You just reposted the same article I linked to after it came out. I wasn't asking about Chuck Goudie's story. You wrote that *pages* from Inendino's FBI file are floating out there on the Internet. Goudie only showed one page in his story, but if there's more pages from his FBI file out there I'd like to see them.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

funkster wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:15 am

No he didnt straight up say they had rackets together, but he was vague. Your post says the entire premise of their connection becomes a problem if he's an informant. You think Patty Red travels to Chicago regularly if he just knew them? Nothing is set in stone, but i dont think this means anything as far as that connection goes.
My point was that if the Lucchese family is going to do something in Chicago they are definitely checking who they do business with - its surprising Inendino wasn't known as an informant in Chicago OR one of the five families - again he was an informant twice - during the heyday of the mob - just surprising no one found out. Chicago is interesting - I was just talking about Rainone and how its interesting they allow him to be around after he gave testimony and information on made guys. I just have to believe there is more to the story here.

If the Lucchese connection is true, I have to guess Patty Red is a little concerned right now - and his bosses I presume would be as well.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Remember when Aniello Dellacroce died the Feds did the same thing. They do this often to ruin someone’s reputation.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:52 am
funkster wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:15 am

My point was that if the Lucchese family is going to do something in Chicago they are definitely checking who they do business with - its surprising Inendino wasn't known as an informant in Chicago OR one of the five families - again he was an informant twice - during the heyday of the mob - just surprising no one found out. Chicago is interesting - I was just talking about Rainone and how its interesting they allow him to be around after he gave testimony and information on made guys. I just have to believe there is more to the story here.

If the Lucchese connection is true, I have to guess Patty Red is a little concerned right now - and his bosses I presume would be as well.
The Rainone stuff is definitely weird. I suspect there isn't all that much to this.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Supposedly he is back in good graces from what I was also told but that just means he’s not under any threat. He might be given minor tasks but nothing of major importance. The fact that his son and dad both talked along with him would make me believe he will never be that trusted trusted by the guys outside his brother’s crew. I’m actually surprised they trust his brother Louie so much but I guess he did heavy prison time. Louie is also an Outlaw I believe. There is a biker bar in Summit that the outlaws and Cicero guys hang out at.