General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

Interesting article about the attempt to open a strip club in Broadview. The same guy that opened pole katz. He actually just lost in court and it more than likely won’t open

https://wgntv.com/news/wgn-investigates ... trip-club/
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:50 pm Another factoid from Fino is that Roy Carlisi - older brother of Black Sam Carlisi and a major player in Buffalo - was one of Capone's bodyguards in Chicago before he went back east. Can anyone verify it? I've seen a lot of posts here on the Carlisi Buffalo-Chicago connection and was curious.
Carlisi's first arrest was for operating a still in Chicago in 1937 but he was living in Buffalo by then so either he was living/staying back in Chicago for a time or just had operations there. One of his closest associates was Joe Sciales from Chicago who was a member of Carlisi's crew after coming to Buffalo in adulthood. Sciales was from Palazzo Adriano so could have been connected to guys like Nick DeJohn and Sam DiGiovanni.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:19 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:05 pm As far as Roy having been a bodyguard for Capone, maybe he was, though I’ve never seen any source that would support that myself (lots of myths got propagated over the years: e.g., Joe Bonanno of all people being called a “gunman” for Capone).
Is there any real evidence for that business about how Aiuppa and Accardo were Capone's bodyguards? I've never seen anything concrete, writers just sort of declare it to create a cool link to the past for the later Outfit.
I think the media confused guys who were around Capone in public as 'bodyguards' - Accardo probably was only around Capone when McGurn was and was more a younger guy and gopher and hitman. I think it was probably legend that Capone himself gave him the "Batters" nickname but maybe I'm wrong.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

B. wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:30 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:50 pm Another factoid from Fino is that Roy Carlisi - older brother of Black Sam Carlisi and a major player in Buffalo - was one of Capone's bodyguards in Chicago before he went back east. Can anyone verify it? I've seen a lot of posts here on the Carlisi Buffalo-Chicago connection and was curious.
Carlisi's first arrest was for operating a still in Chicago in 1937 but he was living in Buffalo by then so either he was living/staying back in Chicago for a time or just had operations there. One of his closest associates was Joe Sciales from Chicago who was a member of Carlisi's crew after coming to Buffalo in adulthood. Sciales was from Palazzo Adriano so could have been connected to guys like Nick DeJohn and Sam DiGiovanni.
Sciales was known as "Chicago Joe" and he was definitely around Capone from what I've read - that's where I was going with Roy. It would be interesting if Roy was indeed a Capone guy before going to Maggadino because I know those two bosses didn't always get alone so quite interesting. The Carlisi's nephews and sons of Nick DiMaggio also went to Chicago with big union jobs right after Nick DiMaggio was released from prison - would love to know where they are now - probably collecting pensions - ironically, I had friends with criminal records who were barred from those same locals because they didn't have powerful connections.
funkster
Full Patched

Re: No Nose died three weeks ago

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:11 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:03 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:58 pm
chicagodog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:31 am
PolackTony wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:06 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:00 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 am All the hierarchy is old and sick or imprisoned,any young rising star?
From the most recent indictment, John Amabile is is in early 30s. His grandfather was “Joe Shine” Amabile who ran Stone Park. Then you got Nick Ferriola Jr, whose father was an Outfit boss, who is in his 40s and Frank Caruso Jr whose father is currently Chinatown boss. He is also in his 40s. Those are the well known ones.
Yeah, and in the main Chicago thread we've discussed a number of other reputed younger made guys: Louie Rainone, Joey Guarino (these two both hardcore former gangbangers), Jason Nitti (who is both a Nitti and a Cerone), and the LoBue brothers (from Trabia, Palermo). These names came from Antiliar's Cicero source, who had little insight into other crews like Grand Ave or Chinatown. I've also heard rumors that Bobby Panozzo Jr has been a shotcaller/chief for the Ohio and Leavitt C-Notes; he might be somebody, but he's not full Italian so might not qualify for membership anyway.
Panozzo Jr looks like a chud, but he’s a gangster through and through. Baby Caruso has a crew of some guys I grew up with. Caruso Jr is big into trucking and does a ton of business with the Pacella’s as we all grew up with one another.
Someone else also told me that Caruso Jr. had some stuff going on.
He’s got a decent size book and has for a while for my understanding. A friend of mine use to bet through him and this was at least 5 or so years ago until he supposedly stiffed my friend for a good size winning. My friend was a degenerate and use to bet all the time. Caruso is in his 40s and is one of the younger guys.
All I can say is that I’ve heard rumors for years that Frankie Caruso Jr is somebody in Chicago, but nothing more substantial than that. Same for Nicky Ferriola, but I really have no idea if these are just rumors based on their famous surnames or if there is any substance to it.
Cant remember if i mentioned before and I know he's suspect, but that guy from Reddit told me that one of his "sources" claimed that Ferriola and whatever crew he has worked primarily out of a private bar that is above Ricobene's. Given that the owners of Ricobene's appear to own the old ONIAC club at the end of the block, it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:46 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 am All the hierarchy is old and sick or imprisoned,any young rising star?
From the most recent indictment, John Amabile is is in early 30s. His grandfather was “Joe Shine” Amabile who ran Stone Park. Then you got Nick Ferriola Jr, whose father was an Outfit boss, who is in his 40s and Frank Caruso Jr whose father is currently Chinatown boss. He is also in his 40s. Those are the well known ones.
Yeah, and in the main Chicago thread we've discussed a number of other reputed younger made guys: Louie Rainone, Joey Guarino (these two both hardcore former gangbangers), Jason Nitti (who is both a Nitti and a Cerone), and the LoBue brothers (from Trabia, Palermo). These names came from Antiliar's Cicero source, who had little insight into other crews like Grand Ave or Chinatown. I've also heard rumors that Bobby Panozzo Jr has been a shotcaller/chief for the Ohio and Leavitt C-Notes; he might be somebody, but he's not full Italian so might not qualify for membership anyway.
Panozzo Jr looks like a chud, but he’s a gangster through and through. Baby Caruso has a crew of some guys I grew up with. Caruso Jr is big into trucking and does a ton of business with the Pacella’s as we all grew up with one another.
He’s got a decent size book and has for a while for my understanding. A friend of mine use to bet through him and this was at least 5 or so years ago until he supposedly stiffed my friend for a good size winning. My friend was a degenerate and use to bet all the time. Caruso is in his 40s and is one of the younger guys.
All I can say is that I’ve heard rumors for years that Frankie Caruso Jr is somebody in Chicago, but nothing more substantial than that. Same for Nicky Ferriola, but I really have no idea if these are just rumors based on their famous surnames or if there is any substance to it.
Cant remember if i mentioned before and I know he's suspect, but that guy from Reddit told me that one of his "sources" claimed that Ferriola and whatever crew he has worked primarily out of a private bar that is above Ricobene's. Given that the owners of Ricobene's appear to own the old ONIAC club at the end of the block, it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Yep, I remember him saying that. He also said Bobby P Jr held court at that deli Fiori’s in Ukrainian Village in the basement. Place was sold a couple of years ago and made into condos. What ever happened to Boka? He just disappeared. He has some interesting info. He definitely had an inside source.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Boka got whacked by Albie Vena. His dream come true
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I always thought Boka was full of shit. He posted some things that were definitely wrong.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Boka acted all condescending to guys that would ask innocent questions lol. Guy claimed he had secret sources too lmao
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:13 pm
Yep, I remember him saying that. He also said Bobby P Jr held court at that deli Fiori’s in Ukrainian Village in the basement. Place was sold a couple of years ago and made into condos. What ever happened to Boka? He just disappeared. He has some interesting info. He definitely had an inside source.
Fiore’s Deli (my neighborhood deli as a kid) was known for decades as a C-Note hangout and “nation house”. They had murals and stuff on the walls of the basement at least as far back as the ‘70s and used it for meetings.

I was able to stop by and get a large jug of their hot giardiniera two years ago when I was in Chicago, right before they finally shut down. Their kid was running it and the place was all run down with water leaking from the ceiling. Sad and nostalgic for me. One of the last traces of the long Italian history in that part of the Patch, now gone like almost everything else.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:02 pm I always thought Boka was full of shit. He posted some things that were definitely wrong.
Posted some painfully wrong stuff and also was completely out of his lane when he’d try to talk about the other Families and the Commission. A lot of his photos and apparent info clearly came from obsessively stalking these guys on social media. He told me that he had sources in LE and also knew a few guys as his GF or something was from a connected family. He also said that he’s European and lives in Europe but visits Chicago frequently, but I know who he is IRL and that’s 100% BS.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

I’ve heard from others that Nicky F is supposedly somebody, but I can’t say if there’s any substance to it or if it’s just rumor.

I’ve known a couple of locals from Bridgeport/Armour Square who swear up and down that the area is still active and that there are guys making book out of the local bars and remaining social clubs, as well as running some serious stolen merchandise operations. Supposedly these are connected to the outfit at some level but the person who told me this wasn’t able to say who they were connected to (just that he was told that they were).
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:19 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:05 pm As far as Roy having been a bodyguard for Capone, maybe he was, though I’ve never seen any source that would support that myself (lots of myths got propagated over the years: e.g., Joe Bonanno of all people being called a “gunman” for Capone).
Is there any real evidence for that business about how Aiuppa and Accardo were Capone's bodyguards? I've never seen anything concrete, writers just sort of declare it to create a cool link to the past for the later Outfit.
Not that I have seen. Just like it’s thrown around that Accardo was supposedly 5 foot 9 and 200 lbs during his time as Capones “bodyguard”. It’s repeated it in a lot of supposed articles about that time period. However, in a couple of those very early photos of Joe B you can tell he is not even in the ballpark of 200 pounds, and is actually a rather slim dude. I only bring this up to illustrate that so much of that stuff that gets repeated is mostly myth.

I do think it is very reasonable to assume that they worked closely together and knew each other. By most accounts Accardo was near the top of the outfit by the late 1930s, so he must’ve had some juice with Capone six or seven years prior to that.

Not sure on Aiuppa
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:18 pm
Coloboy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:44 am Anyone read this guys book about street gangs and the outfit?

https://today.uic.edu/criminologist-con ... eet-gangs/

I remember reports on here that Lombardo in particular was meeting with street gang leaders in the late 90s and early 2000s. I can’t remember where that was posted, but I wonder if it was related to this arrangement this author is discussing. Given the details provided about the C notes, it could make sense that Lombardo was involved.
You should definitely read Hagedorn’s book, as, yes, that was the source for a number of posts that I made in the past regarding connections between the Grand Ave crew and the Latin Folks. Hagedorn interviewed two pseudonymous sources who claimed to be made guys in the outfit, who discussed connections to street gangs and drugs.

I also personally knew some of the people mentioned in the book, as I lived through the gang war in the 90s in West Town/Humboldt Park that figures centrally in Hagedorn’s account. FWIW, on the streets back in the day I was always told that the C-Notes were the liaison between the mob and allied Latin Folks organizations such as the Spanish Cobras, which is exactly what Hagedorn claims from his sources.
Given your connections to that area, what are your thoughts on the current grand Avenue crew? Do you think it’s even a standalone group anymore? The only guys I can name off the top of my head are Vena, Spina, and Bobby Dominic. With all of those operation crew cut guys off the street I wonder how active they all are on Grand. I guess I had never heard of the Panozzo‘s until that bust either, so you never know what’s really going on
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:21 am
I’ve heard from others that Nicky F is supposedly somebody, but I can’t say if there’s any substance to it or if it’s just rumor.

I’ve known a couple of locals from Bridgeport/Armour Square who swear up and down that the area is still active and that there are guys making book out of the local bars and remaining social clubs, as well as running some serious stolen merchandise operations. Supposedly these are connected to the outfit at some level but the person who told me this wasn’t able to say who they were connected to (just that he was told that they were).
Yeah, not trying to make this yet another referendum on Boka, but i thought that particular info was interesting to speculate on. Wasn't out of the realm of possibility .