General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chicagodog
Honorary Member

Re: No Nose died three weeks ago

Post by chicagodog »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:06 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:00 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 am All the hierarchy is old and sick or imprisoned,any young rising star?
From the most recent indictment, John Amabile is is in early 30s. His grandfather was “Joe Shine” Amabile who ran Stone Park. Then you got Nick Ferriola Jr, whose father was an Outfit boss, who is in his 40s and Frank Caruso Jr whose father is currently Chinatown boss. He is also in his 40s. Those are the well known ones.
Yeah, and in the main Chicago thread we've discussed a number of other reputed younger made guys: Louie Rainone, Joey Guarino (these two both hardcore former gangbangers), Jason Nitti (who is both a Nitti and a Cerone), and the LoBue brothers (from Trabia, Palermo). These names came from Antiliar's Cicero source, who had little insight into other crews like Grand Ave or Chinatown. I've also heard rumors that Bobby Panozzo Jr has been a shotcaller/chief for the Ohio and Leavitt C-Notes; he might be somebody, but he's not full Italian so might not qualify for membership anyway.
Panozzo Jr looks like a chud, but he’s a gangster through and through. Baby Caruso has a crew of some guys I grew up with. Caruso Jr is big into trucking and does a ton of business with the Pacella’s as we all grew up with one another.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

chicagodog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:31 am Panozzo Jr looks like a chud

A Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Coloboy »

Anyone read this guys book about street gangs and the outfit?

https://today.uic.edu/criminologist-con ... eet-gangs/

I remember reports on here that Lombardo in particular was meeting with street gang leaders in the late 90s and early 2000s. I can’t remember where that was posted, but I wonder if it was related to this arrangement this author is discussing. Given the details provided about the C notes, it could make sense that Lombardo was involved.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

chicagodog wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:31 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 am All the hierarchy is old and sick or imprisoned,any young rising star?
From the most recent indictment, John Amabile is is in early 30s. His grandfather was “Joe Shine” Amabile who ran Stone Park. Then you got Nick Ferriola Jr, whose father was an Outfit boss, who is in his 40s and Frank Caruso Jr whose father is currently Chinatown boss. He is also in his 40s. Those are the well known ones.
Yeah, and in the main Chicago thread we've discussed a number of other reputed younger made guys: Louie Rainone, Joey Guarino (these two both hardcore former gangbangers), Jason Nitti (who is both a Nitti and a Cerone), and the LoBue brothers (from Trabia, Palermo). These names came from Antiliar's Cicero source, who had little insight into other crews like Grand Ave or Chinatown. I've also heard rumors that Bobby Panozzo Jr has been a shotcaller/chief for the Ohio and Leavitt C-Notes; he might be somebody, but he's not full Italian so might not qualify for membership anyway.
Panozzo Jr looks like a chud, but he’s a gangster through and through. Baby Caruso has a crew of some guys I grew up with. Caruso Jr is big into trucking and does a ton of business with the Pacella’s as we all grew up with one another.
Someone else also told me that Caruso Jr. had some stuff going on.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:44 am Anyone read this guys book about street gangs and the outfit?

I remember reports on here that Lombardo in particular was meeting with street gang leaders in the late 90s and early 2000s. I can’t remember where that was posted, but I wonder if it was related to this arrangement this author is discussing. Given the details provided about the C notes, it could make sense that Lombardo was involved.
Recently got it on sale for $2.99 on Kindle from Amazon
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Question for the Chicago guys - I'm reading Ron Fino's book largely because I was in Local 210 for a decade. Fino discusses that when Maggadino and the Rochester NY faction went to war, a meeting was held at Joe Fino's house that included Joey Aiuppa. Anyone know more there? Was surprised to see a Chicago guy at an east coast meeting - I know Chicago has juice, but didn't realize they were included on family affairs like that.

I know Fino is probably exaggerating working with the CIA and all that - but I know he testified against Matassa, Solano and a lot of Chicago guys in unions so he must have some credibility.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Another factoid from Fino is that Roy Carlisi - older brother of Black Sam Carlisi and a major player in Buffalo - was one of Capone's bodyguards in Chicago before he went back east. Can anyone verify it? I've seen a lot of posts here on the Carlisi Buffalo-Chicago connection and was curious.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

funkster wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:58 pm
He’s got a decent size book and has for a while for my understanding. A friend of mine use to bet through him and this was at least 5 or so years ago until he supposedly stiffed my friend for a good size winning. My friend was a degenerate and use to bet all the time. Caruso is in his 40s and is one of the younger guys.
Jeff
Straightened out

Post by Jeff »

Coloboy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:56 am The truth usually always lies in the middle somewhere.

IMO there is still something organized and structured there. The 28 member number gets thrown around like it is the gospel, and that the feds knew absolutely everything and everyone that was involved at the time. Much of it was probably based on Calabrese's intel as well as historical intel. We know that there is a lot Calabrese did not know, and although he was a made guy he certainly did not seem to be in the "inner-circle" like his brother was. There is also a distinct possibility that both he and Frank Jr. were "selective" shall we say in there intel, and were protecting certain groups of people.

No argument that the outfit is on a declining path and is a smallish family. However, we don't' have even a remotely full picture of what is happening and who is involved.
The family is a shell of its former self. But what I think is lost on many is that law enforcement in Chicago - federal or state - devotes almost no attention or resources to the Outfit. The crowd that believes arrests correnspond with criminal activity and "power" with use that as evidence for the family's decline. They are probably not wrong. But at the same time everyone agress including the FBI that the family is still active. So the lack of law enforcement attention also is the reason so little is know about the family now.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Jeff wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:53 pm
Coloboy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:56 am The truth usually always lies in the middle somewhere.

IMO there is still something organized and structured there. The 28 member number gets thrown around like it is the gospel, and that the feds knew absolutely everything and everyone that was involved at the time. Much of it was probably based on Calabrese's intel as well as historical intel. We know that there is a lot Calabrese did not know, and although he was a made guy he certainly did not seem to be in the "inner-circle" like his brother was. There is also a distinct possibility that both he and Frank Jr. were "selective" shall we say in there intel, and were protecting certain groups of people.

No argument that the outfit is on a declining path and is a smallish family. However, we don't' have even a remotely full picture of what is happening and who is involved.
The family is a shell of its former self. But what I think is lost on many is that law enforcement in Chicago - federal or state - devotes almost no attention or resources to the Outfit. The crowd that believes arrests correnspond with criminal activity and "power" with use that as evidence for the family's decline. They are probably not wrong. But at the same time everyone agress including the FBI that the family is still active. So the lack of law enforcement attention also is the reason so little is know about the family now.
CPD has no teams or sections tracking the outfit. They disbanded the gambling section in 2007 or 2008
I believe. The last chart they put together was in early 2000s. The FBI has maybe one team that still goes after them I believe but I am not even sure on that. That being said, you assessment could be accurate.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:50 pm Another factoid from Fino is that Roy Carlisi - older brother of Black Sam Carlisi and a major player in Buffalo - was one of Capone's bodyguards in Chicago before he went back east. Can anyone verify it? I've seen a lot of posts here on the Carlisi Buffalo-Chicago connection and was curious.
Don’t know anything about Roy Fino really apart from the LIUNA stuff that you already mentioned. First that I’m hearing about Aiuppa being involved in a sit down with Buffalo around the split, but if he was it wouldn’t be any surprise. Chicago was an Avugad on the Commission and had been involved in mediating conflicts in Eastern Families (Philly, Bonannos, Colombos) over the years. Sam Carlisi and his cousin Al Tornabene were also in Aiuppa’s crew before Carlisi succeeded Aiuppa as captain and then boss of the Family (Tornabene was later acting boss of the outfit). While Aiuppa was known to have had longstanding ties to the STL and KC outfits, the Carlisi/Tornabene clan was obviously closely tied to Buffalo; Tornabene’s cousin Al Tornabe was additionally a captain in the Gambino Family, so Aiuppa’s crew had some important connections in NY.

As far as Roy having been a bodyguard for Capone, maybe he was, though I’ve never seen any source that would support that myself (lots of myths got propagated over the years: e.g., Joe Bonanno of all people being called a “gunman” for Capone). After leaving NY and returning to Chicago, the Carlisis did move to Cicero, which was a key Capone stronghold, of course. Roy and Sam’s father Giuseppe Carlisi was a bootlegger in Cicero (who may have fled Buffalo following a murder there), and a bunch of their paesani from the area around Canicattì, Agrigento, were busted in a huge bootlegging operation in 1930 under then Chicago boss Totò LoVerde, which was partly based in Cicero. So the Carlisis very likely had connections to that network and to Capone, though the specific details aren’t recorded, so far as I know.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:03 pm
funkster wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:58 pm
He’s got a decent size book and has for a while for my understanding. A friend of mine use to bet through him and this was at least 5 or so years ago until he supposedly stiffed my friend for a good size winning. My friend was a degenerate and use to bet all the time. Caruso is in his 40s and is one of the younger guys.
All I can say is that I’ve heard rumors for years that Frankie Caruso Jr is somebody in Chicago, but nothing more substantial than that. Same for Nicky Ferriola, but I really have no idea if these are just rumors based on their famous surnames or if there is any substance to it.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Someone who claimed to be Ron Fino use to post on the Real Deal about 15 years ago, for whatever that's worth.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:44 am Anyone read this guys book about street gangs and the outfit?

You should definitely read Hagedorn’s book, as, yes, that was the source for a number of posts that I made in the past regarding connections between the Grand Ave crew and the Latin Folks. Hagedorn interviewed two pseudonymous sources who claimed to be made guys in the outfit, who discussed connections to street gangs and drugs.

I also personally knew some of the people mentioned in the book, as I lived through the gang war in the 90s in West Town/Humboldt Park that figures centrally in Hagedorn’s account. FWIW, on the streets back in the day I was always told that the C-Notes were the liaison between the mob and allied Latin Folks organizations such as the Spanish Cobras, which is exactly what Hagedorn claims from his sources.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:05 pm As far as Roy having been a bodyguard for Capone, maybe he was, though I’ve never seen any source that would support that myself (lots of myths got propagated over the years: e.g., Joe Bonanno of all people being called a “gunman” for Capone).
Is there any real evidence for that business about how Aiuppa and Accardo were Capone's bodyguards? I've never seen anything concrete, writers just sort of declare it to create a cool link to the past for the later Outfit.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate