Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by dack2001 »

I would not say that, he's very connected to the area. His family has been around South Jersey for years, his uncles live there and his mother too I believe. Might as well be Philly anyway.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

StandUpGuy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:16 pm It seems strange that Dom Grande became captain of a crew not in his so called ”area” or around home and over a bunch od guys that are mostly old.
It seems that most of the younger guys are under different captains.
Yeah it’s like they gave him the shit crew haha
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Lancellotti had South Jersey operations as well, so it makes sense if Grande took over that crew or a portion of it.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Getting yanked from your home and your pregnant wife a few days before Thanksgiving definitely would suck, but I’m sure part of Grande was relieved when he read the indictment. He’s not out of the woods yet, and Schratweiser says more arrests are coming, but it’s hard to see him getting slammed time wise. Don’t get me wrong, any prison time is awful, but when you think about what else he could’ve gotten hit with, and how long the prospect of this indictment has been hanging in the air....he’s probably thinking to himself “this could’ve been a lot worse”.

If this indictment is all there is, I could see him getting somewhere in the 5-10 range. Which at 41 years old, isn’t the worst thing in the world, especially when you consider what you sign up for in the life. The *only* thing in there that might get him slammed is the fentanyl. When you consider Philly is like ground zero of the opioid epidemic...not good. That part of the indictment is where his lawyer is going to have to earn his money.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 am Pennisi could've read that and then jumped to the conclusion that it meant Arabia and Castelli were made.
If that turns out to be the case Pennisi's credibility takes a big hit because it means he's just making shit up to fill in the blanks.

Among those indicted were, Philadelphia family underboss Steven “Stevie” Mazzone, Dominick “Dom” Grande – a Captain, and soldiers, Salvatore “Sonny” Mazzone, Kenneth Arabia, and Daniel “Cozzy” Castelli. Michael “Lance” Lancellotti, the acting “Street Boss” was not charged in the indictment, nor was the newly released Boss, Joey “Skinny Joey” Merlino.

As described in the indictment, Mazzone and Grande participated in a “making ceremony” in a South Philadelphia residence on October 15, 2015. The Philly mob was strengthening itself by bringing new members into the fold. For instance, Arabia and Castelli who became part of Grande’s crew, were instructed with their associates to shake down local bookies and loan sharks. Previously, Arabia had been sentenced in January 1993 to 22 years for heading a methamphetamine ring.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:45 pm Getting yanked from your home and your pregnant wife a few days before Thanksgiving definitely would suck, but I’m sure part of Grande was relieved when he read the indictment. He’s not out of the woods yet, and Schratweiser says more arrests are coming, but it’s hard to see him getting slammed time wise. Don’t get me wrong, any prison time is awful, but when you think about what else he could’ve gotten hit with, and how long the prospect of this indictment has been hanging in the air....he’s probably thinking to himself “this could’ve been a lot worse”.

If this indictment is all there is, I could see him getting somewhere in the 5-10 range. Which at 41 years old, isn’t the worst thing in the world, especially when you consider what you sign up for in the life. The *only* thing in there that might get him slammed is the fentanyl. When you consider Philly is like ground zero of the opioid epidemic...not good. That part of the indictment is where his lawyer is going to have to earn his money.

Yeah no murder charges. Hasn’t done any significant time in his 20 years involved so far. If he gets out by 50 he should be happy.
StandUpGuy
Straightened out

Post by StandUpGuy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:56 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 am Pennisi could've read that and then jumped to the conclusion that it meant Arabia and Castelli were made.
If that turns out to be the case Pennisi's credibility takes a big hit because it means he's just making shit up to fill in the blanks.

Among those indicted were, Philadelphia family underboss Steven “Stevie” Mazzone, Dominick “Dom” Grande – a Captain, and soldiers, Salvatore “Sonny” Mazzone, Kenneth Arabia, and Daniel “Cozzy” Castelli. Michael “Lance” Lancellotti, the acting “Street Boss” was not charged in the indictment, nor was the newly released Boss, Joey “Skinny Joey” Merlino.

As described in the indictment, Mazzone and Grande participated in a “making ceremony” in a South Philadelphia residence on October 15, 2015. The Philly mob was strengthening itself by bringing new members into the fold. For instance, Arabia and Castelli who became part of Grande’s crew, were instructed with their associates to shake down local bookies and loan sharks. Previously, Arabia had been sentenced in January 1993 to 22 years for heading a methamphetamine ring.
I have a hard time believing those are the guys that were made in that ceremony, those were maybe put in that crew as associates.
Younger guys were made not people in their 60’s, Philly isn’t the Genovese. They are making people at a younger age.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

From the way the names are arranged in the DOJ press release and the indictment it doesn't look they are made.

These things always list the made members (in order of rank) first and then the associates. Joseph Malone is not Italian and obviously not made but is listed before Arabia and Castelli. So the way it reads the made members are Mazzone, Grande, Servidio, Sonny Mazzone and the rest are associates. I believe Chin in correct in that Pennisi misread the wording in the indictment.
The defendants charged in the seven-count superseding indictment are Steven Mazzone, aka “Stevie,” 56; Domenic Grande, aka “Dom,” “Mr. Hopkins,” “Mr. Brown,” and “Dom14,” 41; Joseph Servidio, aka “Joey Electric,” 60; Salvatore Mazzone, aka “Sonny,” 55; Joseph Malone, 70; Louis Barretta, aka “Louie Sheep,” 56; Victor DeLuca, aka “Big Vic,” 56; Kenneth Arabia, aka “Kenny,” 67; Daniel Castelli, aka “Danny,” “Cozzy,” aka “Butch,” aka “Harry,” age 67; Carl Chianese, age 81; Anthony Gifoli, aka “Tony Meatballs,” 72; John Romeo, 58; Daniel Malatesta, 75; Daniel Bucceroni, 66; and John Michael Payne, 33.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

What was the story behind Arabia's uncle Mickey Diamond DeVito - was he a Scarfo guy? Sorry if someone already said it.
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

Anthony Mazzone is in all the pictures with a great hat but not the indictment...
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

mr white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:49 pm Anthony Mazzone is in all the pictures with a great hat but not the indictment...
What’s your point? You probably shouldn’t allege things that aren’t in the indictment....
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

jmack wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:01 pm
mr white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:49 pm Anthony Mazzone is in all the pictures with a great hat but not the indictment...
What’s your point? You probably shouldn’t allege things that aren’t in the indictment....
My point was just that he seems to have dodged the indictment and that he wears a great hat...it was just a comment, I dont understand your post? Allege?
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

mr white wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:17 pm
jmack wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:01 pm
My point was just that he seems to have dodged the indictment and that he wears a great hat...it was just a comment, I dont understand your post? Allege?
Would you feel more comfortable with implication? I’m very familiar with the family and I’m not surprised at all Anthony wasn’t in this indictment.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Would it be a surprise if sheep Barrett a is made, sure I've seen his name in several Philly indictments over the years
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

They have alot of guys who did there time. Read that guy faffy was consig before him the old man chang. If the 90tys wasnt luchbella it to. I wonder who all the old scarfo guys are under. They might not be active criminally but there still in the loop. Seems like they gave dom abunch of new guys like persiano