What’s your holy grail Cosa Nostra photograph?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thekiduknow
Full Patched

Re: What’s your holy grail Cosa Nostra photograph?

Post by thekiduknow »

B. wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:50 pm Does the yearbook have Jim Queli as the principal? He was on record as an associate of the Genovese Family and his brother Joe was later made. Jim the principal hung out at Caponigro's 311 Club and was actually murdered by the Fiumara crew later on. Fresolone said he was his principal when he went there.

Not a big deal to list "bookie" in the yearbook when the f'n principal is a Genovese associate.
I’ll check later but it should, an article about Queli says he was principle of East Side High School in Newark, same one as Fresolone.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

thekiduknow wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:31 am
B. wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:50 pm Does the yearbook have Jim Queli as the principal? He was on record as an associate of the Genovese Family and his brother Joe was later made. Jim the principal hung out at Caponigro's 311 Club and was actually murdered by the Fiumara crew later on. Fresolone said he was his principal when he went there.

Not a big deal to list "bookie" in the yearbook when the f'n principal is a Genovese associate.
I’ll check later but it should, an article about Queli says he was principle of East Side High School in Newark, same one as Fresolone.
He wasn't the principal yet, but he did work there. From the same yearbook(1972) as the Fresolone pic:

DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

My hope for this thread is actually happening. Some peoples grails are being found. So awesome to see! What a great community.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
PPPP
Straightened out

Post by PPPP »

Picasso and LTH!
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Maranzano and D’Aquila have to be top of anyones list. As far as photos go I always liked to see the ones with big groups of made guys in them like the famous Ribera club photo or the Chicago last supper photo. Many great photos from jail too especially the ones with made guys from different families across the country posing together.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:40 am Maranzano and D’Aquila have to be top of anyones list. As far as photos go I always liked to see the ones with big groups of made guys in them like the famous Ribera club photo or the Chicago last supper photo. Many great photos from jail too especially the ones with made guys from different families across the country posing together.
Add another to your collection
L-R: Paolo Renda, Nicolo Rizzuto Sr, Vito Rizzuto, Vincenzo Spagnolo, Francesco Arcadi, Unknown, Antonio Vanelli, Moreno Gallo, Unknown, Unknown, Joe Di Maulo
From Daniel Renaud's Vito Rizzuto : la chute du dernier parrain
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

^ Before it all went to shit
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 am
L-R: Paolo Renda, Nicolo Rizzuto Sr, Vito Rizzuto, Vincenzo Spagnolo, Francesco Arcadi, Unknown, Antonio Vanelli, Moreno Gallo, Unknown, Unknown, Joe Di Maulo
Another great photo I’ve never seen before, thank you for posting.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:40 am Maranzano and D’Aquila have to be top of anyones list. As far as photos go I always liked to see the ones with big groups of made guys in them like the famous Ribera club photo or the Chicago last supper photo. Many great photos from jail too especially the ones with made guys from different families across the country posing together.

This is great. Always enjoy seeing Paolo Renda photos show up. Hard to find good ones.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:11 pm

This is great. Always enjoy seeing Paolo Renda photos show up. Hard to find good ones.
Out of the 8 people pictured, 6 were murdered, one died of natural causes and one is alive. Crazy..
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

The Greek wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:31 pm Out of the 8 people pictured, 6 were murdered, one died of natural causes and one is alive. Crazy..
Small correction, 5 of them were murdered, 1 died of natural causes and Francesco Arcadi & Antonio Vanelli are still alive. Vanelli was targeted in the summer of 2016 but the killers unfortunately shot a civilian that looked like him.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

A+ photo. Can smell the grappa.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:39 pm
The Greek wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:31 pm Out of the 8 people pictured, 6 were murdered, one died of natural causes and one is alive. Crazy..
Small correction, 5 of them were murdered, 1 died of natural causes and Francesco Arcadi & Antonio Vanelli are still alive. Vanelli was targeted in the summer of 2016 but the killers unfortunately shot a civilian that looked like him.
Thanks OC!
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone: I am not sure if there is or isn't a photo available, but I would like to see a picture of Santo Sorge.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 am Image
Holy sheeet.
What a pic. Thank you for posting!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.