"Organized Retail Crime"

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: "Organized Retail Crime"

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:45 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:54 pm Savvy business decision - just enough to get high, and the rest goes to her. Junkies will do anything for a fix.
True, but they'll also rat you out in a second if that's what it takes for them to stay on the street and keep getting high.
fair point
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

TommyNoto wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:45 am The Luchesse and Gambino NJ crews had a big theft ring in Home Depot type stores about 10 years ago or so
that was being done way before that and many civilians do the same thing
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:32 am This is why Walgreens had to close 5 stores in San Francisco. Thieves can't be detained. Good luck getting the cops to track them down. There were videos of people literally coming in and just taking stuff and walking right past with security and other people standing there watching.

If I were the management of one of these stores/companies, I'd be pissed. You pay taxes, personal and corporate, so the government protects you from this kind of stuff. But if the government can't (or won't), then what? I understand a company not wanting to be sued if something goes wrong but you can only take so many losses before having to shut your doors.

I honestly don't feel the least bit sorry for the DVD thief who died in that linked article. And then the law turns around and prosecutes the Wal-Mart employees. Even if you hate big companies like Chanel or Wal-Mart, there is an effect on the rank and file employees. The ones who worked at those 5 Walgreens stores in SF, I wonder what they did when their stores closed.
I posted about this in the general forum something about you are allowed to take up to 900 worth or some shit
i;m currently reading about stuff i heard about portland oregon and drugs and it's insane
not sure if i posted about it before
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:32 am This is why Walgreens had to close 5 stores in San Francisco. Thieves can't be detained. Good luck getting the cops to track them down. There were videos of people literally coming in and just taking stuff and walking right past with security and other people standing there watching.

If I were the management of one of these stores/companies, I'd be pissed. You pay taxes, personal and corporate, so the government protects you from this kind of stuff. But if the government can't (or won't), then what? I understand a company not wanting to be sued if something goes wrong but you can only take so many losses before having to shut your doors.

I honestly don't feel the least bit sorry for the DVD thief who died in that linked article. And then the law turns around and prosecutes the Wal-Mart employees. Even if you hate big companies like Chanel or Wal-Mart, there is an effect on the rank and file employees. The ones who worked at those 5 Walgreens stores in SF, I wonder what they did when their stores closed.
great post not even the empoyees how about honest people that live there and need these stores for basic nessicites
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

horrible spelling
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

West Coast1 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:39 pm

great post not even the empoyees how about honest people that live there and need these stores for basic nessicites
Yeah, that's the worst part. I don't have any great love for these corporations either but all this does is make the stores close eventually.

I can't drive due to a medical issue but I have a Target near me that I use as a general store so I can walk there pretty easy. When the BLM shit started they began to close early because people started raiding it. If that store gets closed it would make things a lot more inconvenient for me. And since it's the "anchor" store of the shopping center all the stores around it would go under.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:52 pm But while we do see the mob involved in stolen goods from time to time, involvement in this form of it is pretty rare.
BTW Wiseguy would these rings be susceptible to prosecution under RICO? It seems like they would be but I've never seen any of them actually charged with it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:47 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:52 pm But while we do see the mob involved in stolen goods from time to time, involvement in this form of it is pretty rare.
BTW Wiseguy would these rings be susceptible to prosecution under RICO? It seems like they would be but I've never seen any of them actually charged with it.
Yes, they are and we've seen prosecutors use RICO on some of these rings from time to time. A couple in Florida over the last few years. We occasionally see stolen goods among the charges in mob indictments. But I'd be a little surprised if they brought them against these recent flash mob, smash and grab thefts.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:57 pm
Yes, they are and we've seen prosecutors use RICO on some of these rings from time to time. A couple in Florida over the last few years. We occasionally see stolen goods among the charges in mob indictments. But I'd be a little surprised if they brought them against these recent flash mob, smash and grab thefts.
Oh wow thanks for the info. Sorry to pester you again and again about this but do you have any links with info about cases that got RICO'd? Much obliged.

These rings piss me off on all sorts of levels. Like I said I can't drive and I have a Target down the road that I heavily rely on as my walk-to "general store." If these assholes managed to shoplift into closing I'd get pretty stabby. The leaders of the rings are some of the most revolting people imaginable, just beyond fucking disgusting how they're blighting entire neighborhoods by doing this, and making prices go up when inflation is already bad, terrorizing minimum wage employees who have to deal with this, getting stores ordinary working people rely on closed, etc. etc.

One often overlooked aspect of this is that those "big box" retailers like Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc. are usually the anchor store for an entire shopping center (I.e., they're the main reason people will go to a shopping center, and the other stores around it are secondary), so if the anchor store gets closed because of this, the others go with it. So fewer options for local consumers, lots of jobs lost, more blighting of neighborhoods.

I think maybe the recent flash mobs could get RICO'd if they are being organized as part of a ring with a hierarchy of fences and ultimate bosses?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:59 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:57 pm
Oh wow thanks for the info. Sorry to pester you again and again about this but do you have any links with info about cases that got RICO'd? Much obliged.

These rings piss me off on all sorts of levels. Like I said I can't drive and I have a Target down the road that I heavily rely on as my walk-to "general store." If these assholes managed to shoplift into closing I'd get pretty stabby. The leaders of the rings are some of the most revolting people imaginable, just beyond fucking disgusting how they're blighting entire neighborhoods by doing this, and making prices go up when inflation is already bad, terrorizing minimum wage employees who have to deal with this, getting stores ordinary working people rely on closed, etc. etc.

One often overlooked aspect of this is that those "big box" retailers like Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc. are usually the anchor store for an entire shopping center (I.e., they're the main reason people will go to a shopping center, and the other stores around it are secondary), so if the anchor store gets closed because of this, the others go with it. So fewer options for local consumers, lots of jobs lost, more blighting of neighborhoods.

I think maybe the recent flash mobs could get RICO'd if they are being organized as part of a ring with a hierarchy of fences and ultimate bosses?

The rings that get charged under RICO operate differently than these smash and grab ones. It wouldn't surprise me if there's no hierarchy involved in the latter. I suspect it's more just people using social media to coordinate timing. And it's everyone for themselves and what they get is their's. The only reason they're coordinating to begin with is the large numbers facilitates them overwhelming a retailer and their security, as well as aiding their escape.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news4j ... utType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abcact ... f_amp=true
All roads lead to New York.
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:35 am
TommyNoto wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:45 am The Luchesse and Gambino NJ crews had a big theft ring in Home Depot type stores about 10 years ago or so
Yes they were switching bar codes of tools at the Lowe’s in Paterson, was an Andy Merola crew scheme.

-Dante
that's what shit bags are doing now in any city just google
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

newera_212 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:14 pm It kind of warms my heart a little, as sick as it sounds, to see a flash mob of 35 kids run into a Louis Vuitton or Chanel store and ransack the place. Most of these conglomerate companies who are contributing to the rapid deforestation and desertification of the planet, and these fashion labels who used forced scarcity to sell their bullshit at a 6000% markup - you couldn't pay me to feel bad for them. Fuck em. If local establishments, mom and pops, new small business owners, etc. are getting hit ... that's a different story... but these chains and global fashion brands that are ran by institutional investors? Fuck 'em.
fuck them yes
the problem is that kids these days haven't been schooled and hit everyone
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:04 pm Nicky Scarfo Jr had a country club theft ring racket back in 2009 that got busted as well, that clown Todd Stark was always in Nicky Jr’s crew:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/lo ... _ring.html

-Dante
thank you!
never saw this
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

I'd love to see these flash mobs machine gunned down as they leave the store.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

UTC wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 pm I'd love to see these flash mobs machine gunned down as they leave the store.
Lmao
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti