What goes on in LCN clubhouses ?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: What goes on in LCN clubhouses ?

Post by PolackTony »

sharpieone wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:10 am
newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:39 pm
sharpieone wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 pm I'd wager around 10 strictly clubs that operate as HQ for a crew.

Here's some I can remember (haven't been in the area since 2013) :

1. Either Quiet Dom or Prisco operated something on Westchester avenue, near Ralph Balsamo's funeral home. Although this might have been out of a pizzeria down the street at one time or another. (near Pelham stop)
2. Luchesse Club on Coddington.
3. I think there was another club at one point across the street from Ralph's club -- but this might have been the Luchesse one that moved to Coddington.
4. Tough Tony / Rom's club in Corona.
5. Petey Red's on Market Street
6. Vinny Tv/Bonnano in Bensonhurst
7. West Side Club in Coney Island (I think Pennisi said a guy named Barry ran it).
8. Grumpy's on staten island
9. Arthur Ave. club near an apt. building Barney owns.
10. There was also that Caffe Frank Cali used to go to near 18th ave.
11. There used to be a club on Middletown Road in the Bx -- not sure who ran it (could have been civilain, but from convos I had at a nearby bar i dont think so). I think this was near where Vinny Jr and Nick Cirillo got into that fight.
12. Bobby Glasses in Glendale, Qns
13. I believe the Bonnanos still had something in Howard Beach (ronny g's)

Then some other clubs that might not be HQ for a crew, but still take action but allow civilian members.

Then of course you have cigar lounges (Luchesse on SI), restaurants pizzerias, bars (Recent colombo bust had them working out of a bar in Bay Ridge), car dealerships (I know of a west side guy who has one further upstate) and small construction offices that operate as fronts/money laundering operations.
Any idea where the Coddington Club is or was? I've been hanging out in the East Bronx a lot this month and was up there a few days ago picking up pizza at Louie and Ernies and was trying to find it. I had always figured and guessed it was behind the Chinese place on Crosby and Coddington. Was it actually ON Coddington? Because if so, there's not too many places it could be unless it was in somebody's garage or living room.

There seemed to be 3 different open social clubs around (not on) Arthur Ave too, the last time I was up that way, on top of the legit looking one right on 187th Street. And there were 2 others that looked like they were closed. I'm not sure if those are connected or even Italan (Balkan maybe?) though

Speaking of the Bobby Glasses one in Glendale, there's another in Ridgewood that seemed pretty happening and active too off Central Ave but again, not sure if it's even Italian.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more active Balkan based social clubs in NYC today. I used to work with a lot of Albanians in the 32B-J union and not so much the kids, but the first generation older guys ALL hung out at social clubs in their spare time. Nothing nefarious, just old Europeans shooting the shit and getting some quality time away from their wives
This was the Coddington spot. Right near E. Tremont. It's been closed for awhile and I believe it is a nail salon now.

It’s an eyebrow salon, with the classy name of “Fetish Brow and Beauty Bar”. I hardly see any customers going in there though.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:39 pm I've been hanging out in the East Bronx a lot this month and was up there a few days ago picking up pizza at Louie and Ernie’s
You have good taste, my friend.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:40 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:30 pm How many are still around?
Only God could answer that question but to give you a ballpark idea and put a number on it I'd say only 1 exists today for every 10 that existed in the 80's and quite possibly even less. So there are clubs but nothing like the old days.
Mafia clubs? Or regular italian social clubs? If it's mafia it's more like 1 out of 100
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

My father had a club on Crescent avenue in the Bronx for about 25 years until he passed in 2000.
Different times brought different waves of activity. 1970''s was much more of a "wiseguy hangout" then gradually became more and more of a working guy zip place.
True that there was always some kind of card game going, whether a big poker game on Sunday in the70's or pinochle and continental in the 80's or scoppa and briscola in the 90's. Also true that there was ALWAYS a thick cloud of cigarette smoke that hung about head high in the place most of the time. Lots of sitting around and bullshitting about this guy or that guy or something that happened 40 years ago. It def had its moments of excitement but most of the time it was shear boredom.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

If you know a neighborhood bar that's open in the mornings for food, coffee or expresso, kind of like that but worse.
falco
Straightened out

Post by falco »

glendale sports club at 74-03 myrtle ave (vinny asaro and the pipitones hung there)
falco
Straightened out

Post by falco »

bobby glasses club was called cafe vita

crea had a club on 3205 westchester avenue - he was observed there with john castelle in march 2010

does anyone remember a gambino club in bensonhurst called jerry's cafe? if i remember right the club made headlines because someone was killed there on a superbowl sunday
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

falco wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 am glendale sports club at 74-03 myrtle ave (vinny asaro and the pipitones hung there)
In that recent bust they also operated out of La Nazionale Soccer Club at 80-13 Myrtle Ave, the Gran Caffe in Lynbrook, and the Centro Calcio Italiano Club in West Babylon.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

falco wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:23 am crea had a club on 3205 westchester avenue - he was observed there with john castelle in march 2010
That address is also where Angelo Prisco’s club was and where the Giglio Society held their procession in the neighborhood until the ‘90s.
falco
Straightened out

Post by falco »

Recently, on March 9, 2010, Castelle was observed at a social club at 3205 Westchester Avenue in the Bronx that is a
known gathering place for the Luchese crime family. (Ex. 1 at 7) Castelle was seen in a "walk and talk" with Steven Crea, whom
the FBI has identified as the head of the Luchese LCN family. (Ex. 1 at 7) Other members of organized crime were also - 5 - observed on the premises.
https://irbcases.org/bitstream/handle/3 ... sequence=1
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

falco wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 am glendale sports club at 74-03 myrtle ave (vinny asaro and the pipitones hung there)
Vinny Asaro and the Pipitones?

Wasn't that a 50's swing band?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Whatever happened to the Club in Brooklyn thats near or in Prospect Park Neighborhood, I think Victorian or something like that. I passed by there years ago, it looked shady
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:28 pm
Vinny Asaro and the Pipitones?

Wasn't that a 50's swing band?
I thought it was more like a Rat Pack tribute group? Sinatra covers, Dean Martin covers, shit like that. Asaro was obviously the Chairman of the Board, and since Anthony Pipitone was the darkest, Asaro forced him to play the Sammy Davis role
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Karaoke contests, pot luck dinners, crocheting contests, book of the week for the book club
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

They all have mysterious curtain hanging up with a big question mark painted on it. If you go up to the clubhouse manager, give him a buck and say the password, he'll let you in the secret room behind the curtain, where you get to watch a guy blow himself.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate