Mob Duos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Mob Duos

Post by davidf1989 »

Spilotro and Cullotta for a time in Vegas.

Capone and Torrio the founders of the Chicago Outfit?'

JImmy Burke and Tommy Desimone.

Lucky Luciano with his partners Vito Genovese, Meyer Lansky and Frank Costello.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Cullotta said "I always liked Tony, even when he had a contract on me I liked the guy"...
Go figure...
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Giacalone brothers
Anguilo brothers (4-5 not 2)
Calandra and Gulino?
Galante and Little Moe Presinzano?
Bugsy and Meyer
LaPietra brothers
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

patriarca and the Ouimette Brothers
Tony Accardo and Paul Ricca
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

davidf1989 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:07 pm patriarca and the Ouimette Brothers
Tony Accardo and Paul Ricca
Ricca and Accardo is good but Patriarca and Ouimette brothers? ummmm nah.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Matt Bevilaqua and Sean Gismonte.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

Those guys in Al DArco’s book that dressed up as women to go on hits.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Not strictly a "mob" duo, since they were just independent bookmakers, but I would also mention Willie and Rudy Marfeo, bookmakers from Providence who stood up to Patriarca. Willie even told Henry Tameleo to go fuck himself and to "tell Raymond to go shit in his hat", when they tried to extort him. He was killed after that, his brother promised to take revenge and was whacked too. On one hand, their deaths may seem stupid, yet they definitely hurt Patriarca's and Tameleo's ego with their attitude. Patriarca even wanted to kill Willie Marfeo himself after being told about treatment Tameleo got during the extortion attempt.

I usually have no good things to say about underworld characters, but the Marfeo brothers are among the few I actually sympathize with. If every legitimate businessman or even independent criminal around there acted like they did on that occasion, imo the Patriarca family power would have been broken already back in the 1960s.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:57 pm Not strictly a "mob" duo, since they were just independent bookmakers, but I would also mention Willie and Rudy Marfeo, bookmakers from Providence who stood up to Patriarca. Willie even told Henry Tameleo to go fuck himself and to "tell Raymond to go shit in his hat", when they tried to extort him. He was killed after that, his brother promised to take revenge and was whacked too. On one hand, their deaths may seem stupid, yet they definitely hurt Patriarca's and Tameleo's ego with their attitude. Patriarca even wanted to kill Willie Marfeo himself after being told about treatment Tameleo got during the extortion attempt.

I usually have no good things to say about underworld characters, but the Marfeo brothers are among the few I actually sympathize with. If every legitimate businessman or even independent criminal around there acted like they did on that occasion, imo the Patriarca family power would have been broken already back in the 1960s.
thanks for your message with the background information about the Marfeo Brothers. Wasn't Manocchio , Sciarra and Lerner involved in the murder of one of the brothers?
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

davidf1989 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:05 pm
Dwalin2014 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:57 pm Not strictly a "mob" duo, since they were just independent bookmakers, but I would also mention Willie and Rudy Marfeo, bookmakers from Providence who stood up to Patriarca. Willie even told Henry Tameleo to go fuck himself and to "tell Raymond to go shit in his hat", when they tried to extort him. He was killed after that, his brother promised to take revenge and was whacked too. On one hand, their deaths may seem stupid, yet they definitely hurt Patriarca's and Tameleo's ego with their attitude. Patriarca even wanted to kill Willie Marfeo himself after being told about treatment Tameleo got during the extortion attempt.

thanks for your message with the background information about the Marfeo Brothers. Wasn't Manocchio , Sciarra and Lerner involved in the murder of one of the brothers?
Yes, I think they killed Rudolph Marfeo and his bodyguard, Anthony Melei. Lerner got 2 life sentences, later overturned and at the end reduced to time served (about 18 years), if I remember correctly.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Thanks and was the life sentence for Lerner overturned due to witness problems?
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

davidf1989 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:10 pm Thanks and was the life sentence for Lerner overturned due to witness problems?
Yes, here it says that there were some made up details in Kelley's testimony in the first trial, so at the end Lerner pleaded no contest to conspiracy charges and received credit for time served:
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/30/spor ... itman.html
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Dwalin2014 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm
davidf1989 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:10 pm Thanks and was the life sentence for Lerner overturned due to witness problems?
Yes, here it says that there were some made up details in Kelley's testimony in the first trial, so at the end Lerner pleaded no contest to conspiracy charges and received credit for time served:

Thanks for the article and I found Lerner's story to be interesting.

Were Manocchio and Sciarra made when they were involved in the Marfeo hit?
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

davidf1989 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:03 pm
Dwalin2014 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Thanks for the article and I found Lerner's story to be interesting.

Were Manocchio and Sciarra made when they were involved in the Marfeo hit?
You are welcome; but I don't know about Manocchio and Sciarra to be honest, I have never read about their status back then, it was never specified in any article or book I remember.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Frank salemme and his son Frank Salemme, Jr
Joe the Animal Barboza and Vincent Flemmi

Joseph Jr Russo, Ferrara and Bobby Carrozza

Bobby Manna and Vincent Gigante

Frank Bompensiero and Jimmy Fratianno