Trafficante Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: Trafficante Crime Family

Post by Patrickgold »

Scott, have you ever heard of Charles Miceli? I linked the article below. He supposedly had ties in Tampa but I think he was just a con artist

www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2001 ... y,amp.html
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:40 pm
Rocco wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 am Mamone was a Jersey Genovese Associate moved to Florida after DiGilio got clipped and got Made under Raffa somehow..and I am pretty sure after DiGilio got clipped his future with the Genovese crew was over. I am not sure if friends of the his from the Gambino's vouched for him with Raffa ..I have no idea how he wound up with Raffa down there. But it certainly seemed that Raffa's crew was east coast based from the getgo and not super tight with the old timers in Tampa (that were alive back then). There whole thing is weird down there the loose net connection with Loscalzo to the Broward County Raffa crew members from up north etc. Mamone was a Jersey guy who knew allot of NY guys . So when he was down there. You had NY lucchese guys meeting him, Bonanno NY guys, Gambino's ...I mean Mamone was really the Tampa familys point man down there with guys up north once he got made down there. Raffa and Loscalzo didn't know any of these made guys that Mamone knew from NJ and NY.
I also never found out exactly how Mamone ended up with Raffa.

Mamone was made at Malio's in Tampa by one of the Deicidue brothers, forget which one - not Frank.

The ties between Raffa and LoScalzo go back to their families and Sicily. THough Raffa doesn't show up hardly at all in Tampa until the 80s and 90s, and then only barely. Both him and LoScalzo were pallbearers at the funeral of longtime Tampa member Arthur Perla in 98.
I don't know if Raffa had a connections to Giovanni Ligammari a Bonanno drug player who committed suicide with his son in NJ or the media suggested that because they both committed suicide? I am not sure if they were related or they have families ties to the same area in Sicily. All I know about Mamone was that he was an associate of Johnny D's Bayonne crew. After Johnny D got hit Mamone felt there was no place for him in that NJ Genovese Crew. Now like I said Mamone was a longtime player in NJ and he knew allot of NY guys who would visit him at his check cashing store in Broward County. But it doesn't seem like these guy from NY really had any connection to anyone in Tampa. Most NY guys don't guy near Tampa(except the Alite crew recently)..they all go to Dade, Broward and Palm Beach...because its like NY with Palm trees lol Mamone moved to Broward in 1992. His right hand man in NJ Paul 'Doc' Gaccione stayed in Jersey and went to work for Angelo Prisco. For whatever the reason Mamone did not stick around to work for Prisco...and moved in 1992. I have to imagine that since Raffa was operating in Broward that he was well known to NY guys and that's how Mamone was introducted to him ? But if you read up on this...it really doesn't seems like allot of NY guys knew Raffa? And that once Mamone was made..he actually became the point man in South Florida for the Trafficantes when it came to doing biz with NY guys. etc.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Rocco wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:23 am
Rocco wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 am Mamone was a Jersey Genovese Associate moved to Florida after DiGilio got clipped and got Made under Raffa somehow..and I am pretty sure after DiGilio got clipped his future with the Genovese crew was over. I am not sure if friends of the his from the Gambino's vouched for him with Raffa ..I have no idea how he wound up with Raffa down there. But it certainly seemed that Raffa's crew was east coast based from the getgo and not super tight with the old timers in Tampa (that were alive back then). There whole thing is weird down there the loose net connection with Loscalzo to the Broward County Raffa crew members from up north etc. Mamone was a Jersey guy who knew allot of NY guys . So when he was down there. You had NY lucchese guys meeting him, Bonanno NY guys, Gambino's ...I mean Mamone was really the Tampa familys point man down there with guys up north once he got made down there. Raffa and Loscalzo didn't know any of these made guys that Mamone knew from NJ and NY.

Mamone was made at Malio's in Tampa by one of the Deicidue brothers, forget which one - not Frank.

The ties between Raffa and LoScalzo go back to their families and Sicily. THough Raffa doesn't show up hardly at all in Tampa until the 80s and 90s, and then only barely. Both him and LoScalzo were pallbearers at the funeral of longtime Tampa member Arthur Perla in 98.
I don't know if Raffa had a connections to Giovanni Ligammari a Bonanno drug player who committed suicide with his son in NJ or the media suggested that because they both committed suicide? I am not sure if they were related or they have families ties to the same area in Sicily. All I know about Mamone was that he was an associate of Johnny D's Bayonne crew. After Johnny D got hit Mamone felt there was no place for him in that NJ Genovese Crew. Now like I said Mamone was a longtime player in NJ and he knew allot of NY guys who would visit him at his check cashing store in Broward County. But it doesn't seem like these guy from NY really had any connection to anyone in Tampa. Most NY guys don't guy near Tampa(except the Alite crew recently)..they all go to Dade, Broward and Palm Beach...because its like NY with Palm trees lol Mamone moved to Broward in 1992. His right hand man in NJ Paul 'Doc' Gaccione stayed in Jersey and went to work for Angelo Prisco. For whatever the reason Mamone did not stick around to work for Prisco...and moved in 1992. I have to imagine that since Raffa was operating in Broward that he was well known to NY guys and that's how Mamone was introducted to him ? But if you read up on this...it really doesn't seems like allot of NY guys knew Raffa? And that once Mamone was made..he actually became the point man in South Florida for the Trafficantes when it came to doing biz with NY guys. etc. I know Mamone knew and did Biz with some Bonanno's who lived in SI...so maybe its the Bonannos that hooked him up with Raffa ??
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

sdeitche wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:36 pm
Rocco wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 am Family is dead. Has been for a longtime. Loscalzo has been retired for a longtime as well. I think all you need to do is read into FBI files on the Gambino Tampa crew that was running down there. They had an associate of the Trafficante's involved with them.
That was Terry Scaglione, grandson of Nick Scaglione.
Yes that's him! I mean he was working for the Gambino's. So that is pretty much the nail in the coffin....though I think they family was dead before Alite even touched down in Tampa. I doubt Loscalzo even got money from alite.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 am
sdeitche wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:55 am
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Scott, who were the last members made? Is bookmaking big in Tampa? Also, do you have any info on Joe Campisi in Dallas? I know he died in 1990. The Campisi family has been in trouble in the past 10 years.
I posted earlier the last made guys around. It's been a while. Mamone was probably among the last, in the early/mid 90s.

I dont know too much on Campisi. He was friends with Jack Ruby and supposedly took over what was left of the Dallas family after Civello died.
Interesting. I heard that they might have made some Sicilians in the mid 2000s?? Have you heard this?
Who, the Dallas family? The Dallas family seems to have never had too many members and never controlled much. Campisi seemed to be pretty smalltime too.

I also don’t think there’s any new Sicilian immigrants in Texas. No reason to come here when they could go to NYC and hook up with the zips up there.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

I don't know if Raffa had a connections to Giovanni Ligammari a Bonanno drug player who committed suicide with his son in NJ or the media suggested that because they both committed suicide? I am not sure if they were related or they have families ties to the same area in Sicily. All I know about Mamone was that he was an associate of Johnny D's Bayonne crew. After Johnny D got hit Mamone felt there was no place for him in that NJ Genovese Crew. Now like I said Mamone was a longtime player in NJ and he knew allot of NY guys who would visit him at his check cashing store in Broward County. But it doesn't seem like these guy from NY really had any connection to anyone in Tampa. Most NY guys don't guy near Tampa(except the Alite crew recently)..they all go to Dade, Broward and Palm Beach...because its like NY with Palm trees lol Mamone moved to Broward in 1992. His right hand man in NJ Paul 'Doc' Gaccione stayed in Jersey and went to work for Angelo Prisco. For whatever the reason Mamone did not stick around to work for Prisco...and moved in 1992. I have to imagine that since Raffa was operating in Broward that he was well known to NY guys and that's how Mamone was introducted to him ? But if you read up on this...it really doesn't seems like allot of NY guys knew Raffa? And that once Mamone was made..he actually became the point man in South Florida for the Trafficantes when it came to doing biz with NY guys. etc.
Yes on Ligamarri, Raffa and LoScalzo were at his son Pietro's wedding.

Raffa is a Sicilian so his ties were really made through South Florida and the Sicilians down there (John Galatolo, GIuseppe ROmano, et.c) He was close to Sam Decavalcante and some of his guys in S. FL. But not a surprise there since they have the strong Sicilian connection.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:18 am Scott, have you ever heard of Charles Miceli? I linked the article below. He supposedly had ties in Tampa but I think he was just a con artist

www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2001 ... y,amp.html
I know some LEOs that interviewed him. A lot of his stuff didnt check out.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

stubbs wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:08 am

Scott, who were the last members made? Is bookmaking big in Tampa? Also, do you have any info on Joe Campisi in Dallas? I know he died in 1990. The Campisi family has been in trouble in the past 10 years.
I posted earlier the last made guys around. It's been a while. Mamone was probably among the last, in the early/mid 90s.

I dont know too much on Campisi. He was friends with Jack Ruby and supposedly took over what was left of the Dallas family after Civello died.
Interesting. I heard that they might have made some Sicilians in the mid 2000s?? Have you heard this?
Who, the Dallas family? The Dallas family seems to have never had too many members and never controlled much. Campisi seemed to be pretty smalltime too.

I also don’t think there’s any new Sicilian immigrants in Texas. No reason to come here when they could go to NYC and hook up with the zips up there.
I meant Loscalzo. That Loscalzo made some sicialians in the mid 2000s
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

sdeitche wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:34 am

Yes on Ligamarri, Raffa and LoScalzo were at his son Pietro's wedding.

Raffa is a Sicilian so his ties were really made through South Florida and the Sicilians down there (John Galatolo, GIuseppe ROmano, et.c) He was close to Sam Decavalcante and some of his guys in S. FL. But not a surprise there since they have the strong Sicilian connection.
So sounds like Raffa came right to S FL fro Sicily. No time in NY ? Interesting.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 am

There was one Sicilian he brought over in the ealry 2000s but that guy went back to Sicily circa 2005/2006. I hadnt heard of others.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

sdeitche wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:22 am

There was one Sicilian he brought over in the ealry 2000s but that guy went back to Sicily circa 2005/2006. I hadnt heard of others.
Makes sense he went back to Sicily. If he did infact make guys in the early 2000s there would be a family...but there is not. Also they would have been on the LE radar by know. I think its bullshit and the family has been dead for a very longtime. Really the Raffa crew was the last true crew earning money for the family. after that its went down hill quick. But the story of the Trafficante family certainly is a good one especially since it centered around Tampa and when every thinks the Mob in FL..they think of Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Rocco wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:15 am

Makes sense he went back to Sicily. If he did infact make guys in the early 2000s there would be a family...but there is not. Also they would have been on the LE radar by know. I think its bullshit and the family has been dead for a very longtime. Really the Raffa crew was the last true crew earning money for the family. after that its went down hill quick. But the story of the Trafficante family certainly is a good one especially since it centered around Tampa and when every thinks the Mob in FL..they think of Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.
The family started its decline in the mid/late 90s, esp after the Key Bank case, but LoScalzo was still getting money from things in the early 2000s. He just wasnt actively doing much criminal activity. Most of the remaining guys had/have enough cash and legit business interests that they dont really need to do much. And you're right that after Raffa died, his crew died with it.

Yeah Tampa predates any mob activity in South Florida. Even people living here don't know a lot of that history. I'd say 80% of my Tampa Mafia tour groups are locals, many that grew up here.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

sdeitche wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:05 pm
Rocco wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:15 am

The family started its decline in the mid/late 90s, esp after the Key Bank case, but LoScalzo was still getting money from things in the early 2000s. He just wasnt actively doing much criminal activity. Most of the remaining guys had/have enough cash and legit business interests that they dont really need to do much. And you're right that after Raffa died, his crew died with it.

Yeah Tampa predates any mob activity in South Florida. Even people living here don't know a lot of that history. I'd say 80% of my Tampa Mafia tour groups are locals, many that grew up here.
I have always drawn comparisons to the Trafficante family and the LCN family in New Orleans. Mostly because they were both so far off the beaten path from really any LCN families of the north. And I also think they were much different then the little families out in Denver or Dallas back in the day. Mostly because they were located so far deep in America's' south. And because of that they both died off I believe . And I can totally understand people wanting to believe that there are both active families in Tampa and NO. But there is no organized LCN family in either city...and hasn't been for sometime.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Rocco wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:41 pm I have always drawn comparisons to the Trafficante family and the LCN family in New Orleans. Mostly because they were both so far off the beaten path from really any LCN families of the north. And I also think they were much different then the little families out in Denver or Dallas back in the day. Mostly because they were located so far deep in America's' south. And because of that they both died off I believe . And I can totally understand people wanting to believe that there are both active families in Tampa and NO. But there is no organized LCN family in either city...and hasn't been for sometime.
Fortunately, I don't think there's anyone here that think there are still families in Tampa or New Orleans. We've come a ways since the RD forum circa 2006.
All roads lead to New York.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:46 pm
Rocco wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:41 pm I have always drawn comparisons to the Trafficante family and the LCN family in New Orleans. Mostly because they were both so far off the beaten path from really any LCN families of the north. And I also think they were much different then the little families out in Denver or Dallas back in the day. Mostly because they were located so far deep in America's' south. And because of that they both died off I believe . And I can totally understand people wanting to believe that there are both active families in Tampa and NO. But there is no organized LCN family in either city...and hasn't been for sometime.
Fortunately, I don't think there's anyone here that think there are still families in Tampa or New Orleans. We've come a ways since the RD forum circa 2006.
:lol: :lol: we still have a few hopefuls that there are families in these cities.. I just tell everyone that John Alite took over the Trafficante family LMAO !