Los Angeles Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Los Angeles Family

Post by CornerBoy »

Tail o pup that hot dog shaped hot dog stand near Cedars seems to be involved w booking
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Post by Targenmantarian »

The Israelis have a big presence there too. From Cookie Orgad to the Abergils to a dozen guys in Tarzana, they get busy.

Kinda same as Armenians.

Extortion of their own community
Gambling
prostitution
Marijuana
MDMA
Cocaine
Loan sharking
Medical and insurance fraud

Theres definitely a foothold there and some large indictments. Abergils (who are one of Tell Avivs Five Main Families) got smashed.

I think Zeev Rosenstein was also out there too.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

PaddyWhack wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 am When it comes to organized crime, the Russian/Armenians are much better organized then the Mexican gangs. They have had a stranglehold on the marijuana business and the dispensaries that sell it in So Cal. Also heavily involved in extortion, gambling , medical fraud..
Are you familiar with the Armenian Power gang? I came across some articles about them and found them very interesting.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Paulie Tattoos made?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 pm Paulie Tattoos made?
I don't think so.
All roads lead to New York.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Yeah then they clearly haven't inducted anyone new in grip.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:17 pm Yeah then they clearly haven't inducted anyone new in grip.
No. You have to go back 20+ years to really find any activity involving even remnants of the family.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

If they were smart they would have just sold buttons to rich La wannabes for 1M a badge. They could done that twenty times or so.

It's not like they did anything anyways. Caruso left town to run an AC business.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:31 pm If they were smart they would have just sold buttons to rich La wannabes for 1M a badge. They could done that twenty times or so.

It's not like they did anything anyways. Caruso left town to run an AC business.
From everything I've read, by that point Milano was very low key and basically didn't want anyone doing much of anything. According to Kenji, he was careful to a fault and allowed the family to wither away. But it seems Milano was intent on not dying in prison. He had some legit business interests, was all but retired, only took money off a few trusted guys, and seems to have seen the writing on the wall.
Targenmantarian
Straightened out

Yeah in many respects he was the smartest boss around. He made money and died free and did less time than most weed kingpins even.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37 pm Yeah in many respects he was the smartest boss around. He made money and died free and did less time than most weed kingpins even.
I wouldn't say he was the smartest....

He just didn't really have rackets of importance is what I thought??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:38 pm
Targenmantarian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37 pm Yeah in many respects he was the smartest boss around. He made money and died free and did less time than most weed kingpins even.

Yeah, nobody “sees the writing in the wall” when they’re making six figures in cash and getting their boots licked by their goons and underlings. I give him credit for not dying in prison, but it was probably a pretty natural drift into obscurity/legitimacy as opposed to a pragmatic decision. Not trying to start an argument though Wiseguy, coz I never met the guy himself :lol:

I think the Herbie Blitzstein hit might have been when a lot of LA gangsters, who were semi-legitimate by then anyways, got really spooked from the Life and hung in the towel for good. I can’t remember if Kenny Gallo delved into that in his book, but I can’t imagine the suits at the top of the LA mob by the late 1990s were comfortable with that sort of violence.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:38 pm

Yeah, nobody “sees the writing in the wall” when they’re making six figures in cash and getting their boots licked by their goons and underlings. I give him credit for not dying in prison, but it was probably a pretty natural drift into obscurity/legitimacy as opposed to a pragmatic decision. Not trying to start an argument though Wiseguy, coz I never met the guy himself :lol:

I think the Herbie Blitzstein hit might have been when a lot of LA gangsters, who were semi-legitimate by then anyways, got really spooked from the Life and hung in the towel for good. I can’t remember if Kenny Gallo delved into that in his book, but I can’t imagine the suits at the top of the LA mob by the late 1990s were comfortable with that sort of violence.
They werent Nick named the Mikey Mouse Mafia for nothing!
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Former police chief Daryl Gates coined the term Mickey Mouse mafia. In the 80s there were a lot of local stories coming out about a resurgence of the LA mob and he wanted the media to focus on street gangs.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:17 am
PaddyWhack wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 am When it comes to organized crime, the Russian/Armenians are much better organized then the Mexican gangs. They have had a stranglehold on the marijuana business and the dispensaries that sell it in So Cal. Also heavily involved in extortion, gambling , medical fraud..
Are you familiar with the Armenian Power gang? I came across some articles about them and found them very interesting.
I am. I have close friends who are old long standing members and know other Armenians who are obviously connected to Ap. The problem is now, that I don’t understand, once Armenian power came under the sureno flag of the Mexican mafia... lots more Armenians lately have been joining historic Hispanic street gangs instead of Ap... such as Burbank 13, 18 street, other neighborhoods from the San Fernando valley ...
I don’t really get it cause there’s enough Armenians in Los Angeles to basically hold their own, I mean in Glendale they have the highest number of Armenians outside Armenian ... and they are all connected to each other and the higher ups answer to Russian Oc since a lot of Armenians are Russian Armenian.. I’ll tell you this I’ve yet to see a group of people who literally know how to scam everything , they’re very smart in the white collar fraud area plus they have the drug connections through their Mexican connects.. and for some reason ... (I know armos hate being called middle eastern but they are) but every major pharmaceutical connection I’ve ever seen or heard of in LA it’s alwags a middle eastern , Lebanese , Syrian, Israeli, Armenian, Persian... they know how to fuck the system in every single way and it’s accepted in their culture .. I’ve been to many of their homes and met mothers, aunts, grandmothers and business performed right in the open and they see nothing wrong with it..