Current Gambino family administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Current Gambino family administration

Post by Frank »

aleksandrored wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:21 pm Thanks for all information, It is very interesting to see that Frank Cali is not the boss as several websites say since 2015, and see also that the zips have relevance nowadays, and not only in the time of Tommaso Buscetta.
You aren't the only one, most were led to believe Cali took over as acting boss in 2015. A few months ago this came up, with Capeci stating that Dom Cefalu is acting boss. Most of us missed that a couple weeks after reporting that Cali took over for Cefalu, he reported that other sources said Cefalu was still acting boss. This new news from Felice is interesting with Mannino being in the administration. If this is correct I wonder if Cali has always been Consigliere or if he was Underboss till being replaced by Mannino.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ive always wondered about the modern power dynamic between UB and consig.

Do people think the UB has a clearly defined power superiority over the consig (and Im not talking historically)?

I wouldve though that they would be seen somewhat on par as consig is an appointment of merit whereby UB is more a 'messengaro' role. And I ask this question in the context of the modern role, not the historical.

Thoughts?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm
felice wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:29 pm More than 8, I have a list of 20-25 guys but I am not sure about them being made or not. 10-11 are made for sure
are these specifically in the 18th ave crew? or have they spread out more now they are getting more power?

im really interested in the Gene Gotti situation. i wonder where his brother could possibly come in with some sort of input....(doubt it)

as we know Cali came under John D Amico who was a Gotti guy...
yes the Gambino brothers' group.
Calì is related to the brothers and the Inzerillo's. He was a Bensonhurst guy, D'Amico was put in charge of the Brooklyn decina by Gotti so Calì answered to him due the fact the brothers were in jail, he was made around 1996-1997.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

how old is Mannino? Is he from Bhurst too?
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Yes. If I remember well he was born in 1959. So he is 59 now
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Thanks Felice
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Does Joe gambino have the same pull as his late brother John did or was he more in his shadow? And is Lorenzo mannino now the top gambino because if the rumours which we have heard over the years are true then cefalu doesnt want the job of boss and Cali has fell out with certain members? Or as it has been mentioned in this thread has Cali always been consigliere and mannino had been underboss to cefalu.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Interesting that you say the FBI thought John Gambino was the real boss, so bronx could have been right all along and it wasn't just 'fresh street talk' as Pogo stated
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

don-shunter wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:29 am Does Joe gambino have the same pull as his late brother John did or was he more in his shadow? And is Lorenzo mannino now the top gambino because if the rumours which we have heard over the years are true then cefalu doesnt want the job of boss and Cali has fell out with certain members? Or as it has been mentioned in this thread has Cali always been consigliere and mannino had been underboss to cefalu.
Joe Gambino never being a captain says a lot about him really. Maybe after Vernace went away Cali moved from UB to Consig and Lorenzo got UB?
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

According to John Alite in his book, Gene Gotti abused and pushed Joe Gambino around in front of other inmates at FCI McKean in 1997. He wrote that he stood up for Gambino by confronting Gotti about it. Apparently Joe Gambino was so grateful that he gave Alite a gold medallion..

Could be one of his bullshit stories, but I thought I share it nontheless..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:47 pm Ive always wondered about the modern power dynamic between UB and consig.

Do people think the UB has a clearly defined power superiority over the consig (and Im not talking historically)?

I wouldve though that they would be seen somewhat on par as consig is an appointment of merit whereby UB is more a 'messengaro' role. And I ask this question in the context of the modern role, not the historical.

Thoughts?
I wonder if the Consigliere is still voted in by members. In alot of readings it seems like the boss appoints him. Maybe it's different for each individual Family.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Or it may be that by the time of Cali's investigation he was the chief of the street and has recently become consigliere
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:43 am Interesting that you say the FBI thought John Gambino was the real boss, so bronx could have been right all along and it wasn't just 'fresh street talk' as Pogo stated
Considering the track record of "(insert name) is the real boss" theories on these forums, I wouldn't count on it.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

aleksandrored wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:11 am Or it may be that by the time of Cali's investigation he was the chief of the street and has recently become consigliere
What investigation??
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:57 am
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:43 am Interesting that you say the FBI thought John Gambino was the real boss, so bronx could have been right all along and it wasn't just 'fresh street talk' as Pogo stated
Considering the track record of "(insert name) is the real boss" theories on these forums, I wouldn't count on it.

Nevermind the fact that Capeci himself said the exact opposite and nothing has been posted showing the FBI itself said/believed any such thing.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.