Can you retire from the mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Charlie
Straightened out

Re: Can you retire from the mob

Post by Charlie »

naaah I'm safe man Pizza ain't a morris park guy man ! When he used to be my age back in 1951 he grew up right around the corner from me! Shit I ate so much I cant fucking sleep...Fuck all of you
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Charlie wrote:naaah I'm safe man Pizza ain't a morris park guy man ! When he used to be my age back in 1951 he grew up right around the corner from me! Shit I ate so much I cant fucking sleep...Fuck all of you
Trust me, every Sunday about 500 envelopes get sent from Morris Park to Throggs Neck or South Florida depending on the season. PB has reach.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Chris Christie wrote:
Charlie wrote:naaah I'm safe man Pizza ain't a morris park guy man ! When he used to be my age back in 1951 he grew up right around the corner from me! Shit I ate so much I cant fucking sleep...Fuck all of you
Trust me, every Sunday about 500 envelopes get sent from Morris Park to Throggs Neck or South Florida depending on the season. PB has reach.
Not only that. He once told me in a firm voice all posts I make must go through him. :)
(Man does that smiley look weird!)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!
There you have it, never printed before.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Its possible to retire but usually when the Mafia is weak.

In 2008 they asked Pippo Bono to help make the new commission and he refused to take part. He lives in north Italy rich from all the drug trafficking. Another guy who's retired is Natale Rimi living in Spain for the last 30 years after Riina started killing everybody. He could have come back - Rimi's are historical bosses of Alcamo and related to Badalamenti's - now that Cosa Nostra doesn't care about being divorce (he's divorced) but he's stayed away. My guess is Giovannello Greco also went back to Spain even though he's probably more qualified than most of the bosses in Palermo.

Rosario Naimo said he was living in Palermo after his return from US since 1993 and away from Cosa Nostra because he disagreed with the Riina policy of attacking the state and he was disappointed with how drug trafficking ruined everything.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

naimo..flipped years ago..not living in palermo..he could get dead in palermo.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

bronx wrote:naimo..flipped years ago..not living in palermo..he could get dead in palermo.
What are talking about? I know he's a pentito. He was living in Palermo since 1993 until he flipped and had nothing to do with Cosa Nostra and he said this.

And he couldn't "get dead" with any guarantee. He could probably go back and carry on living there. Nobody is looking for him. Brusca lives in the open. Santino Di Matteo went back to his old house in Altofonte and lives there and nothing happened to him for years.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

toto wrote:
bronx wrote:naimo..flipped years ago..not living in palermo..he could get dead in palermo.
What are talking about? I know he's a pentito. He was living in Palermo since 1993 until he flipped and had nothing to do with Cosa Nostra and he said this.

And he couldn't "get dead" with any guarantee. He could probably go back and carry on living there. Nobody is looking for him. Brusca lives in the open. Santino Di Matteo went back to his old house in Altofonte and lives there and nothing happened to him for years.
Interesting, so what's going on the US is going on in Sicily? They can't get retribution for pentiti?
Tag
Straightened out

Post by Tag »

Chris Christie wrote:
toto wrote:

Interesting, so what's going on the US is going on in Sicily? They can't get retribution for pentiti?
For some, not all. I also know that Naimo would be perfectly safe in Palermo, like toto said. He would never even be put on the stand to testify.
But for someone like Antonio Iovine, I'm sure there will be repercussions.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Its getting more like the US because the people that get hurt by the testimony usually end up in jail and they are replaced by new guys who don't care about what happened and they just want to make as much money as possible in the short time before they get arrested. Palermo and Napoli and Reggio is probably not a good idea for a pentito to go back immediately but after some time they are yesterdays news. Since 2008 Cosa Nostra is becoming more like Camorra in each family concentrating on its territory with constant changing of boss sometimes from people going to jail and sometimes from fighting between themselves. Of course, the cases I mentioned of Brusca and Santino Di Matteo are exceptional and not normal mostly because the guys they hurt are in jail forever and also because of the ferocious reputation guys like Brusca had - strangling a child to death "because I wanted a long career in Cosa Nostra" is something beyond most human beings.

All the old values are now finished like no ordinary criminals were allowed to join in the past, no divorce was allowed so Buscetta was put on the shelf because of it or Natale Rimi lost his respect because of it, bastard children is normal nowadays and in the past they looked down on it or didn't speak about it. All the old pretence of being something about helping people is totally finished and there is no hiding they are complete criminals. In the US the pretending about honor and such ideas stopped a long time ago and they considered themselves as criminals completely. But the ideas of honor and helping people have only really been finished in the past few years since the head of Cosa Nostra was chopped off when they arrested everybody in 2008.

Rosario Naimo said drug trafficking ruined Cosa Nostra. He described the day he joined Cosa Nostra and he said for a celebration they bought a cow for the family of poor farmer who died. This would never happen now. Instead some guys were arrested last year planning the home invasion robbery of a businessman in Palermo.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

3 years ago, almost to the day, my second cousin in Partinico's business was blown up because he wouldn't pay the extortion. He called the authorities and the men were arrested, one of whom was linked to the boss. Since then he reopened the place and no repercussions for 2 years now.

Go east to Messina, across to Reggio Calabria it's a whole other story. RC if it was an independent country would be deemed a failed state due to the mafia infiltration at all levels of society.

Toto, you ever seen the film Baaria? One of my other cousins was a producer on it.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Paying pizzo has some benefits like if you get robbed you will have a good chance of getting your goods back or the thieves will get a severe beating or get killed. Like when a market in San Lorenzo was damaged and the owners were paying pizzo and they complained to Lo Piccolo and his guys found the guys who did it and beat them to death with sledgehammers. On the other side no businessman wants to pay any money to a bunch of low life and especially now that nobody has an exception. Centro Impastato wrote in a report about a shopkeeper who never paid because his brothers were men of honor but recently he said the guys who collected in his area came around and they were so embarassed but they said the new rule is everybody pays and no exceptions. He said his brothers status means nothing for the bosses now. There is a mad rush to get as much money before they get arrested and jailed for mafia crimes.

Reggio is more hardcore because of less legal pressure. There is a lot of hatred in Palermo in some parts of the law enforcement after Riina's attack on the state. So there is definitely a hardcore which really hates Cosa Nostra. This is less in Calabria because the state was never attacked directly by 'Ndrangheta.

I don't believe Calabria would be a failed state if it was independent. 'Ndrangheta would own the politicians and they would start investing in the region themselves. They definitely wouldn't bother investing all the money in the north or hiding it in Switzerland because they'd cancel all the asset seizure and money laundering laws.

Baaria is on my list to watch for a couple of years.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

rosario will eat naimo if lived in sicily.. is naimo out of prison yet? he can crush the gambino bros.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

bronx wrote:rosario will eat naimo if lived in sicily.. is naimo out of prison yet? he can crush the gambino bros.
I doubt he can do anything to Gambino brothers. Rosario was in jail from about 1982 and Giovanni has been in jail for murder and drug trafficking. Since that time Naimo has zero contact with them. He doesn't know anything else about them. All his information is about historical matters so far. All other information about how Inzerillo's were killed is already known from the bug planted in Nino Rotolo's office.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Chris Christie wrote:3 years ago, almost to the day, my second cousin in Partinico's business was blown up because he wouldn't pay the extortion. He called the authorities and the men were arrested, one of whom was linked to the boss.
Who is the boss now in Partinico? Still somebody from the Geraci or Vitale groups?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

toto wrote:
bronx wrote:rosario will eat naimo if lived in sicily.. is naimo out of prison yet? he can crush the gambino bros.
I doubt he can do anything to Gambino brothers. Rosario was in jail from about 1982 and Giovanni has been in jail for murder and drug trafficking. Since that time Naimo has zero contact with them. He doesn't know anything else about them. All his information is about historical matters so far. All other information about how Inzerillo's were killed is already known from the bug planted in Nino Rotolo's office.
o.k.