Son's of bosses

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Son's of bosses

Post by Wiseguy »

Stroccos wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:Turning this question another way who are the sons that surpassed their fathers in the mob?

Off the top of my head Joe Colombo, Joe Bonanno, Joey Merlino, Sam DeCavalcante, John Riggi and Peter Milano all rose higher in the mob than their dads. I'm sure there are many more.

Pogo
I argue Peter Milano never had anywhere near the power, status , respect and overall moxie as his father.
"I think about my father, he never reached the heights like me. But a lot of ways he had it better. He had his people, they had their standards, and pride. Today, what have we got?"
All roads lead to New York.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

agree Stroccos
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Stroccos wrote:I argue Peter Milano never had anywhere near the power, status , respect and overall moxie as his father.

Upon reflection I would agree. Being UnderBoss of Cleveland during the 40s-70s was bigger tha being Boss of LA during the 80s-2000s. I was going strictly by rank.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Who's your avatar Pogo?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Who's your avatar Pogo?

Didn't you ask him this SAME question last year? :lol:

Sick, sick don't even ask again.

Pogo, I'd rather see one of your avatars with the big boobies than who you have now. Shame on you!!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

AG777 wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:Who's your avatar Pogo?

Didn't you ask him this SAME question last year? :lol:
I probably did.

Memory is shot from two much alcohol. :mrgreen:
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Wiseguy, that would be Tony Soprano!!

Speaking about fathers and sons, for how we made fun of the Colombo's, ahem Pogo's sinking ship pics were legendary lol. I always viewed the Persico's as a successful active mob family.

Money wise, I imagine Michael Franzese made more then his father, Sonny.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Michael made more than sonny several times over... I think we covered all the successful sons here I can't think of anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Ones that weren't mentioned tho were the Espositos that demeo and gangi killed idk too much about them tho

DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

johnny_scootch wrote:It's very possible that Andrew Gigante is a made guy as is Gaspipe's son Anthony.
His kid got made even though he flipped?
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

phatmatress777 wrote:Ones that weren't mentioned tho were the Espositos that demeo and gangi killed idk too much about them tho

I could easily be off the mark, but do you mean the Eppolito's whom were murdered by Roy Demeo & Nino Gaggi?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

DonnieB wrote:
johnny_scootch wrote:It's very possible that Andrew Gigante is a made guy as is Gaspipe's son Anthony.
His kid got made even though he flipped?
Dom Grande's dad flipped and he got made
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote:Ones that weren't mentioned tho were the Espositos that demeo and gangi killed idk too much about them tho

I could easily be off the mark, but do you mean the Eppolito's whom were murdered by Roy Demeo & Nino Gaggi?
Yes the one that accused them of dealing drugs to big paul. I really don't know much about them... just what I read in murder machine

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Yea, according to Murder Machine, both father & son never amounted to more than soldiers. But the father was by proxy, Roy DeMeo's superior when Gaggi was in prison, as he was the highest ranking member in Gaggi's crew.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:Yea, according to Murder Machine, both father & son never amounted to more than soldiers. But the father was by proxy, Roy DeMeo's superior when Gaggi was in prison, as he was the highest ranking member in Gaggi's crew.

I believe the father, James Eppolito, was a capo under Carlo Gambino but fell out of favor with Castellano and or maybe Gambino himself, not sure.