Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by NJShore4Life »

Boston+matt14
Honorary Member

Post by Boston+matt14 »

Snakes wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm
givememysocks wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:37 pm Watch Capeci take a month to write anything about this, lol.
Capeci doesn't write about Philly
He occasionally does. Said Borgesi was the underboss in the most recent Gangland...
"Where's our Al Sharpton?" -Anthony Borgesi
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Okay so the bail hearing is Friday.
Also Looks like other made guys are paranoid now.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

HoagieNose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Okay so the bail hearing is Friday.
Also Looks like other made guys are paranoid now.
Yep. Prosecutors are requesting they be held without bail and Schratweiser says his sources say “more arrests are expected”.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Looking at the ages it looks like attrition is finally setting in. All but one of the associates in this case is a senior citizen and the lone exception isn't even Italian. Compared to the Scarfo, Stanfa, Merlino and Ligambi indictments this one skews the oldest. It looks like the seemingly endless pool of young blood that Philly has used to regenerate itself in the past is finally drying up.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

IIRC Joey Electric was under Scoops.

Amazed he's so far avoided indictment. Licata is the new teflon.

Edit: the new Mobtalk has Servidio under Scoops. Any thoughts on why Scoops not in this indictment? Scoops must of been under surveillance once they had an in with Servidio.

Scratweiser has totally fucking killed my 'Licata is teflon' joke.
Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Please tell me its just Schratweiser, not the street, which is now calling Grande.... teflon Dom. :roll:
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Last line of the article, of interest "Sources say more arrests are expected."
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Crazy I guess Persiano got more info than we all thought... I’m curious if don and them thought they were In the clear and got lucky with the Persiano situation where joe electric got busted and persiano was outed as a ci for the feds... I wonder if dom and other guys on the street thought that cause they didn’t get picked up then that they dodged the bullet... or did they know they were fucked and knew that was going to get them all caught up???
I mean there’s nothing they could have done, damage was already done might as well just keep going... also barretta is pretty damn active and is around everyone... could he possibly have been one of the guys made in October 2015 in the indictment??, if not I wonder why he isn’t made...
I hope the names of the people made get released to us...

Also, there’s got to be others cooperating... if not at the time of the indictment... I guarantee someone, if not several people who just got picked up, end up flipping... this could end up solving some of the unsolved philly murders... I’m sure everyone’s tripping out right now... if I was a made guy or skipper who was close to mazzone or dom (which seems like everyone in the family, both those guys seem extremely well liked) I would be getting prepared for that 6am knock on the door....

Also curious if any large amounts of cash was recovered from stevies or doms residence? Doesn’t seem so, so I give them credit for be smart enough to not have shoebox money stashed... On doms 2011 arrested it has him listed as real estate under occupation. Does he actually have his real estate license and was working for/as a realtor 9-5?? Or was he just doing some stuff here and there with nicodemo???
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Biden must be sweating right now - the closer they get to Joey, the closer they get to him.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

https://sitdownnews.com/feds-no-philade ... hilly-mob/

New Pennisi article in his blog.

Takeouts:

1. Lancelloti is Acting Boss

2. Licata is Consigliere
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

jmack wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:29 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:15 pm Had a closer look at the indictment. Came up with this in case anyone finds it difficult keeping track on all the Persons:
  • Person #1 is a loan shark living in New Jersey
  • Person #2 and Person #3 operate a sports betting business together (Person #2 lives in New Jersey and Person #3 lives in Philadelphia)
  • Person #4 is a person known to the grand jury who attended an August 2017 meeting with Victor DeLuca and SP (a loan shark customer), where SP was told that LCN was assuming his loan and he would have to make payments to Salvatore Mazzone
  • Person #5 is Anthony Persiano
- On 1 December 2015, Persiano got permission from Domenic Grande to extort Person #2

- Grande commended Persiano for touching base before extorting Person #2

- On 9 December, Persiano discussed this extortion with Kenneth Arabia

- Arabia noted that Daniel Castelli wanted to crack Person #2, and Persiano noted that would get him 5 to 10 years

- On 26 August 2016, Arabia and Persiano met with Person #1 and Person #2

- The purpose of this meeting was to discuss debts owed by Person #1 and to continue the attempt to extort Person #2

- On 2 September, Arabia, Persiano and other met with Persons #2 and #3 to extort them

- On 6 October, Grande, Persiano and Person #2 met to discuss the future of the bookmaking operation

- Grande gave Person #2 a phone number to call bets into the LCN bookmaking operation

- From November 2016 through April 2017, Persiano collected a total of $26,556 from Person #2 and delivered the cash to Grande (usually on the same day)

- Steven Mazzone, Grande, Arabia and Castelli were charged with extorting Person #1

- Mazzone, Grande and Arabia were charged with extorting Persons #2 and #3
Is Victor DeLuca related to the one with Harry the hunchback?
the victor deluca in the indictment dad was invocled in the 80's ,

so dom grande and victor deluca both had dads who ratted
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

chubby wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 pm Crazy I guess Persiano got more info than we all thought... I’m curious if don and them thought they were In the clear and got lucky with the Persiano situation where joe electric got busted and persiano was outed as a ci for the feds... I wonder if dom and other guys on the street thought that cause they didn’t get picked up then that they dodged the bullet... or did they know they were fucked and knew that was going to get them all caught up???
I mean there’s nothing they could have done, damage was already done might as well just keep going... also barretta is pretty damn active and is around everyone... could he possibly have been one of the guys made in October 2015 in the indictment??, if not I wonder why he isn’t made...
I hope the names of the people made get released to us...

Also, there’s got to be others cooperating... if not at the time of the indictment... I guarantee someone, if not several people who just got picked up, end up flipping... this could end up solving some of the unsolved philly murders... I’m sure everyone’s tripping out right now... if I was a made guy or skipper who was close to mazzone or dom (which seems like everyone in the family, both those guys seem extremely well liked) I would be getting prepared for that 6am knock on the door....

Also curious if any large amounts of cash was recovered from stevies or doms residence? Doesn’t seem so, so I give them credit for be smart enough to not have shoebox money stashed... On doms 2011 arrested it has him listed as real estate under occupation. Does he actually have his real estate license and was working for/as a realtor 9-5?? Or was he just doing some stuff here and there with nicodemo???
the rest of his crew was indicted around a year ago
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:10 pm https://sitdownnews.com/feds-no-philade ... hilly-mob/

Takeouts:

2. Licata is Consigliere
Saw that myself, found that Licata thing strange. Don't know whether he's just doing what we're doing and matching the initials to the name that most likely seems to be in the role. Pennisi also said Arabia and Castelli were soldiers but I don't see anywhere in the indictment that says that.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:18 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:10 pm https://sitdownnews.com/feds-no-philade ... hilly-mob/

Takeouts:

2. Licata is Consigliere
Saw that myself, found that Licata thing strange. Don't know whether he's just doing what we're doing and matching the initials to the name that most likely seems to be in the role. Pennisi also said Arabia and Castelli were soldiers but I don't see anywhere in the indictment that says that.
Yeah I think that's what he's done. I'm fairly sure JL is Joe Ligambi. Even though he's supposed to be retired now DS/GA have mentioned in the past few years that he's been in a consigliere role.