General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:44 am
jimmy_beans8 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:16 am Is it out already? Or jus trailer? YouTube?
Older movie

https://youtu.be/-2OCkdmLQWg
It is not good, been a while since I watched it, but they gave Burk an Irish accent. Aside that, it is also not accurate.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:49 am
jimmy_beans8 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:16 am Is it out already? Or jus trailer? YouTube?
Older movie

It is not good, been a while since I watched it, but they gave Burk an Irish accent. Aside that, it is also not accurate.
Lol here’s a YouTube link if anyone wants to watch full movie:

https://youtu.be/kVJOnLSHSWs

Lol, I actually like it for some reason, it’s cornet as hell

they keep the real names rather then in goodfellas … but made Burke to be a weird mad scientist looking guy lol

Also that got all the names right… except they put Paul vario into the gambino fam… I wonder why

Maybe bc at the time the gambinos were most well known??? Idk ….
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 am
Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:49 am
Older movie

Lol here’s a YouTube link if anyone wants to watch full movie:

https://youtu.be/kVJOnLSHSWs

Lol, I actually like it for some reason, it’s cornet as hell

they keep the real names rather then in goodfellas … but made Burke to be a weird mad scientist looking guy lol

Also that got all the names right… except they put Paul vario into the gambino fam… I wonder why

Maybe bc at the time the gambinos were most well known??? Idk ….
I would really like them to do a more accurate movie about that heist. Maybe a year leading up to it with all the suspects and then the aftermath.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I wonder how much day to day life in “the life” has changed in the last 20-30 years.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:06 pm I wonder how much day to day life in “the life” has changed in the last 20-30 years.
Thirty years ago the Colombos were at war, so it's probably changed a lot for them. For families/individuals that weren't involved in much violence, it's probably about the same. They're still getting caught talking on the phone, so we know they haven't changed that much. The average mobster spends his day going to meetings, collecting money, and looking for new ways to make money, just like always.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Jack Dempsey
Associate

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Are there any caporegimes that did a hit or hits regularly? In Godfather 2 Rocco a capo in the Corleone family kills Roth in what looks like a suicide mission
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Plenty of examples. Massino and Sciascia killing the 3 Capos and Defilippo killing Sciascia are just 2 examples I can think of right now.
Jack Dempsey
Associate

Post by Jack Dempsey »

OcSleeper wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 am Plenty of examples. Massino and Sciascia killing the 3 Capos and Defilippo killing Sciascia are just 2 examples I can think of right now.
What about a suicide mission on orders from a boss?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Pete Chiodo and Al D'Arco were both involved in murders as captains. D'Arco didn't even participate in a murder until after he became a captain.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am Pete Chiodo and Al D'Arco were both involved in murders as captains. D'Arco didn't even participate in a murder until after he became a captain.
How’d he get made then? How’d he become a captain also lol
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Shellackhead wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:38 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am Pete Chiodo and Al D'Arco were both involved in murders as captains. D'Arco didn't even participate in a murder until after he became a captain.
He was well-connected. He never really did anything to deserve to get made; he wasn't an earner or a tough guy. He was basically the John Pennisi of his day.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:07 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:38 am
He was well-connected. He never really did anything to deserve to get made; he wasn't an earner or a tough guy. He was basically the John Pennisi of his day.
Oh wowww who was he around? All I know is that he took over Paul Vario’s crew or What was Danny Cutaia’s crew?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

He was officially on record with his cousin, Joe Schiavo, who was a powerful Lucchese soldier. He also worked for Genovese soldier Dave Petillo and was close to Paul Vario, Vic Amuso, among many others. It's been awhile since I read his book, but he talks about a lot of old-timers I had never even heard of.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:07 pm He was officially on record with his cousin, Joe Schiavo, who was a powerful Lucchese soldier. He also worked for Genovese soldier Dave Petillo and was close to Paul Vario, Vic Amuso, among many others. It's been awhile since I read his book, but he talks about a lot of old-timers I had never even heard of.
Oh great, then that’ll definitely give him a push when the books opened.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

I think Frank Manzo pushed against him getting made if memory serves me correctly.