General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TallGuy19
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by TallGuy19 »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:14 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:59 am
desertdog wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 am Can an associate just quit, walk away from a family if he chooses to leave the life or are there repercussions? I'm talkin 20-30 years ago when LCN had more clout.

It would depend on how involved he was. If he was on the periphery as a numbers runner or a gopher for a made guy, then he probably could. But once you've been involved in murder or some major criminal operation, it's unlikely that they would let you leave.
What would happen if an associate does, he says oh I’m tired of the criminal life, I wanna go straight, would they maybe clip him?
In the old days they probably would have. Anthony Casso ordered the murder of a safecracker from his burglary crew named Dominick Costa, just to make sure he would never talk. The guy was a legitimate locksmith who had done a handful of jobs with the crew. Ultimately, he survived being shot in the head multiple times and cooperated.

In that case, the guy wasn't even trying to walk away. Casso just saw him as a disposable object that he could use up and then throw away when he was done.
Last edited by TallGuy19 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Alite said that there were a number of guys who when older realized they had made a mistake getting in the mob and knowing they couldn't get out simply tried to 'lay low'.
Pretty shitty having a job you don't like and can't quit.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:30 pm
desertdog wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 am Can an associate just quit, walk away from a family if he chooses to leave the life or are there repercussions? I'm talkin 20-30 years ago when LCN had more clout.

It would depend on how involved he was. If he was on the periphery as a numbers runner or a gopher for a made guy, then he probably could. But once you've been involved in murder or some major criminal operation, it's unlikely that they would let you leave.
What would happen if an associate does, he says oh I’m tired of the criminal life, I wanna go straight, would they maybe clip him?
In the old days they probably would have. Anthony Casso ordered the murder of a safecracker from his burglary crew named Dominic Costa, just to make sure he would never talk. The guy was a legitimate locksmith who had done a handful of jobs with the crew. Ultimately, he survived being shot in the head multiple times and cooperated.

In that case, the guy wasn't even trying to walk away. Casso just saw him as a disposable object that he could use up and then throw away when he was done.
Did his cooperation lead to anything?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:45 pm
TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:30 pm

In the old days they probably would have. Anthony Casso ordered the murder of a safecracker from his burglary crew named Dominic Costa, just to make sure he would never talk. The guy was a legitimate locksmith who had done a handful of jobs with the crew. Ultimately, he survived being shot in the head multiple times and cooperated.

Did his cooperation lead to anything?
It looks like entire crew was convicted. Apparently Costa had started cooperating before he was shot.

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/29/nyre ... aries.html
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Guys quit all the time. They either age out of crime or they go straight after doing time.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Just give em' 2 weeks written notice?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Gene told a story about Ronnie G telling him to go get a 9-5 after he couldn’t collect money from someone that owed. Even though Ronnie was obviously using reverse psychology (which worked because Gene went back and cracked the guys head open and got the $) I think if Gene had said “you know what Ronnie, you’re right this life isn’t for me”, and gotten a job as a bartender, or bricklayer, Ronnie and those guys woulda busted his balls some, but they wouldn’t have hit him.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:18 pm Guys quit all the time. They either age out of crime or they go straight after doing time.

Pogo
I think he was asking about an active associate walking away out of the blue. If an associate comes out of prison after twenty years, I doubt anyone cares if he gets back in or not.
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Any made guys or associates on this board ?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

desertdog wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:28 pm Any made guys or associates on this board ?

I just got my button with the Westside.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

How many people did Tommy Karate really kill, roughly? You keep hearing people say he killed over 50 people, but when you see the list of actual identified victims there's only like eight.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:21 pm
desertdog wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:28 pm Any made guys or associates on this board ?

Pogo
You waited a long time for it.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Ivan wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:30 pm How many people did Tommy Karate really kill, roughly? You keep hearing people say he killed over 50 people, but when you see the list of actual identified victims there's only like eight.
Maybe the numbers are inflated, maybe there’s less, maybe there’s more than that only Tommy Karate knows & we’ll never know.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:16 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:21 pm

Pogo
You waited a long time for it.
Funny in one sentence its "guys quit and move on all the time" and then the next its "I got my button with the Westside", as if asking the question are any associates or made guys on this board some far fetched question after the statement "guys quit all the time" is made.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Hey Rooster if you want I'll put you up for membership if you send me 5 grand (cash or money orders only). It is a great deal since Bobby Luisi had to agree to pay 50 grand in 1998 for his button. So you are getting a real bargain here. If you really want I can put in a good word to old man Todaro to get you made in Buffalo so you won't even have to travel far for your ceremony. What do you say do we have a deal?

Pogo