General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by OcSleeper »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm Has Barney Bellomo ever killed someone or is there information that he’s been involved in at least one?

Here's a big write up about him, his father, and grandfather.

viewtopic.php?p=188232#p188232
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I’m curious if Bellomo were to ever go to trial again (Which seems doubtful), if Massino would be called to testify. Massino said Bellomo offered to clip Basciano when Massino first got locked up.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:30 am I’m curious if Bellomo were to ever go to trial again (Which seems doubtful), if Massino would be called to testify. Massino said Bellomo offered to clip Basciano when Massino first got locked up.
I think there would have to more more evidence to support that than just Massino's word. So I'd say it's unlikely.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

What’s Massinos health like these days?
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Rat wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm What’s Massinos health like these days?
Probably not great. He was morbidly obese, and I believe he was diabetic, which more than likely means he also has heart problems. It's surprising that he's lived this long.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 pm
Rat wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm What’s Massinos health like these days?
Probably not great. He was morbidly obese, and I believe he was diabetic, which more than likely means he also has heart problems. It's surprising that he's lived this long.
It talks about in the Basciano book how Massino put on a bunch of weight after getting locked up. Apparently he wouldn’t eat the prison food and just lived off junk food and peanut butter from the commissary. He packed on the weight in a hurry.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

In the Sixth Family Pg. 177 it mentioned while Sciascia was awaiting trial in the US in 1989 he was allowed to attend his son's wedding back in Canada and was allowed to stay for 28 hours. While in Canada he stayed with his nephew Luciano Renda.

I have a hard time keeping track of all these family ties. But this is the other Renda family related to Joe Renda, who disappeared in 2012, not the Paolo Renda family right?

Does anyone have any Sciascia and LoPresti family trees?
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

How do these guys get these hilarious nicknames? Is there a special panel that decides what a guys moniker is going to be?
Some of them are really funny. Some of the guys don't like their nicknames and get mad if somebody uses it. Guys have probably been killed for using a nickname..
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

desertdog wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:48 pm How do these guys get these hilarious nicknames? Is there a special panel that decides what a guys moniker is going to be?
Some of them are really funny. Some of the guys don't like their nicknames and get mad if somebody uses it. Guys have probably been killed for using a nickname..
Probably growing up, criminals often use nicknames to mask their real names Incase LE are listening, or they’re given nicknames to distinguish themselves from other guys with the same first name, Skinny Dom Pizzonia, Fat Dom Borghese etc.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Yeah Joe Pistone said in his book one of the very first rules Lefty taught him was to never use anyone’s last name. The Feds also found this out when Massino began cooperating. The guy was the boss of the family for over a decade and apparently hardly knew anyone’s last name.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Vinny Palermo also testified that he didn't know Stefano Vitabile's last name even though he had known him for almost thirty years and Vitabile was the long time Consigliere of the family.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:31 pm In the Sixth Family Pg. 177 it mentioned while Sciascia was awaiting trial in the US in 1989 he was allowed to attend his son's wedding back in Canada and was allowed to stay for 28 hours. While in Canada he stayed with his nephew Luciano Renda.

I have a hard time keeping track of all these family ties. But this is the other Renda family related to Joe Renda, who disappeared in 2012, not the Paolo Renda family right?

Does anyone have any Sciascia and LoPresti family trees?
Giuseppe Renda was a nephew of Gerlando Sciascia, they weren't relatives of Calogero & Paolo Renda. Luciano was probably his brother or a cousin, something like that
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Can an associate just quit, walk away from a family if he chooses to leave the life or are there repercussions? I'm talkin 20-30 years ago when LCN had more clout.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

desertdog wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 am Can an associate just quit, walk away from a family if he chooses to leave the life or are there repercussions? I'm talkin 20-30 years ago when LCN had more clout.

It would depend on how involved he was. If he was on the periphery as a numbers runner or a gopher for a made guy, then he probably could. But once you've been involved in murder or some major criminal operation, it's unlikely that they would let you leave.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

TallGuy19 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:59 am
desertdog wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 am Can an associate just quit, walk away from a family if he chooses to leave the life or are there repercussions? I'm talkin 20-30 years ago when LCN had more clout.

It would depend on how involved he was. If he was on the periphery as a numbers runner or a gopher for a made guy, then he probably could. But once you've been involved in murder or some major criminal operation, it's unlikely that they would let you leave.
What would happen if an associate does, he says oh I’m tired of the criminal life, I wanna go straight, would they maybe clip him?