Gambino 1980 Hierarchy

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Gambino 1980 Hierarchy

Post by Angelo Santino »

Joe Delmonico's original name, as per Michael DiLeonardo, was DiDomenico...
44027_09_00060-01485.jpg
L-R, DiLeonard's sister in law, brother Robert DiLeonardo, Donna, Joe DiDomenico Jr.
20151209_183719_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Was Nicholas Joseph Russo b 10/28/1910 of the Aurello crew Jersey based? There is someone who matches the full name and dob who emigrated to Trenton with his father Michele and Angelina and eventually married a Genevieve Merlino who died in 1985 on AC. The Russo's appear to be from Frosinone. Does this sound like the right match?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Yes.
There you have it, never printed before.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Carmine Lombardozzi's father, Camillo Lombardozzi, reported on his naturalization that he was born in Fernia on 5 Mar 1881. Fernia might be an older name for a town in the province of Isernia, since his World War II draft card says he's from Isernia. His mother, Annunziata (Nancy) Antonelli was born in Isernia, probably meaning the city of Isernia.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:32 pm Carmine Lombardozzi's father, Camillo Lombardozzi, reported on his naturalization that he was born in Fernia on 5 Mar 1881. Fernia might be an older name for a town in the province of Isernia, since his World War II draft card says he's from Isernia. His mother, Annunziata (Nancy) Antonelli was born in Isernia, probably meaning the city of Isernia.
OK, so that's where I got Insernia from. I received a response from B. who indicated that Giuseppe Traina told the FBI that the Lombardozzis were Calabrese. Finally managed to pull up Camillo's naturalization and he lists two different places for he and his wife, both no longer exist or are mispellings. It says Camillo came from Fernia, Italy (Monte Fernia, Reggio Calabria?) and Nunziata from Osernea (Isernia, Molise?).

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Antiliar wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:32 pm Carmine Lombardozzi's father, Camillo Lombardozzi, reported on his naturalization that he was born in Fernia on 5 Mar 1881. Fernia might be an older name for a town in the province of Isernia, since his World War II draft card says he's from Isernia. His mother, Annunziata (Nancy) Antonelli was born in Isernia, probably meaning the city of Isernia.
OK, so that's where I got Insernia from. I received a response from B. who indicated that Giuseppe Traina told the FBI that the Lombardozzis were Calabrese. Finally managed to pull up Camillo's naturalization and he lists two different places for he and his wife, both no longer exist or are mispellings. It says Camillo came from Fernia, Italy (Monte Fernia, Reggio Calabria?) and Nunziata from Osernea (Isernia, Molise?).

Last guy up is George Lombardozzi who is a nephew of Carmine as well as Joe Oxie Marino, I'm trying to find their parents names.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Camillo's World War II draft card says Isernia, so wherever Fernia was, it wasn't in RC. If Traina said that he was mistaken. BTW, I did notice on Google maps that there's a city called Fornelli that's close to Isernia, so maybe that's our Fernia.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:38 pm
Camillo's World War II draft card says Isernia, so wherever Fernia was, it wasn't in RC. If Traina said that he was mistaken. BTW, I did notice on Google maps that there's a city called Fornelli that's close to Isernia, so maybe that's our Fernia.

That would make sense because if both he and his wife came from the same city they would have spelled it one way. As far as the Calabrese maybe it was a senior moment as B. speculated. When the FBI asked Giuseppe Traina if Camillo had been a member of the mafia, Traina apparently said no because he was a Calabrese.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Could Jerry Pipolo actually be Pipoli? Only Pipolo I'm seeing was in PA.
44027_01_00122-00582.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:38 pm
FWIW, the Lombardozzi surname is much more common in Molise — where it is strongly concentrated in Isernia — than Calabria, where it is not at all a common surname. Traina was either mistaken or maybe just said “Calabrese” because he knew that Lombardozzi was a mainlander. I suspect that “Fernia” was maybe just a mistranscription of Isernia.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:42 am
Philly d wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:09 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:24 am
Philly d wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 pm as a calabrese i am suprised at so little
Try getting 'nduja in Florida, you'll be surprised how hard it is. Strigoli pasta too. :(
Ha, but why Florida?
Because that's my own experience. I even went to wholesale stores and no cigar.
newera_212 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:36 pm Image
CC and Philly D in Florida looking for Strigoli.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

they got thrown out after eating breakfast lunch and dinner
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:39 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:42 am
Philly d wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:09 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:24 am
Philly d wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 pm as a calabrese i am suprised at so little
Try getting 'nduja in Florida, you'll be surprised how hard it is. Strigoli pasta too. :(
Ha, but why Florida?
Because that's my own experience. I even went to wholesale stores and no cigar.
newera_212 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:36 pm Image
CC and Philly D in Florida looking for Strigoli.
That was before covid, I've kinda let myself go since then.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

lol
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »