General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:42 pm Is it members only? I passed by there last year & I saw a guy man reading a magazine & peeking through the blinds.
Yes its members only
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Frank wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:04 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 am Gambino - Genovese/Costello/Luciano - American side

Lucchesse - supposedly the neutral party after Maranzano was killed.

Bonanno/Profaci - sicilian side.

Then Colombo came in and told the commission that Magliocco and Bonanno were about to kill Carlo and the others ala godfather style....

So Gambino putting Colombo in ripped the scales. And then I believe that even DiGregorio was also supposed to have Gambino backings. This is where the Gambino folk lore comes tho so who knows if he really did all this
Its been said that Luchese had the most power or respect in Ny before he died
Yes iv read Lucchese had most respect
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:45 am
Frank wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:04 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 am Gambino - Genovese/Costello/Luciano - American side

Lucchesse - supposedly the neutral party after Maranzano was killed.

Bonanno/Profaci - sicilian side.

Then Colombo came in and told the commission that Magliocco and Bonanno were about to kill Carlo and the others ala godfather style....

So Gambino putting Colombo in ripped the scales. And then I believe that even DiGregorio was also supposed to have Gambino backings. This is where the Gambino folk lore comes tho so who knows if he really did all this
Its been said that Luchese had the most power or respect in Ny before he died
Yes iv read Lucchese had most respect
What I always have wondered, going by different articles and posts Ive read. Is why would Bonanno and Magliaci even approach Colombo about doing any heavy work against the Commision in particular Gambino. If its true Colombo was very close to Carlo like I read. Didnt Colombos son state that Carlo would never have had his Dad killed, also indicating they were close. The whole thing has always sounded wishy washy to me. Gambino and Lucchese apear to have been close seeing their children married. But I dont see Carlo being above Lucchese in respect and influence. Its interesting though that we seen something that stated some sort of trouble possibly brewing between Carlo and Colombo. I think it was when Mari of the Bonannos was killed.
Big Wig
Honorary Member

Post by Big Wig »

Anyone know where I can find the Anthony Zoccolillo testimony? I know there's parts of it online but I wanna read the full thing
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

New Detroit book on the early years.

https://www.amazon.com/Vinnitta-Birth-D ... 59&sr=8-11
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Does the term “push a button a guy” come from the mafia? I know some informants used the term “button man”, but was the term used like it was in godfather ii?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

thekiduknow wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:00 pm Does the term “push a button a guy” come from the mafia? I know some informants used the term “button man”, but was the term used like it was in godfather ii?
I think the whole “button” thing came to be because the mafia in its earlier days used their own people to do hits, they would say “by thw push of a button, you’re dead”. That’s why they were called button men.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:45 am
thekiduknow wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:00 pm Does the term “push a button a guy” come from the mafia? I know some informants used the term “button man”, but was the term used like it was in godfather ii?
I think the whole “button” thing came to be because the mafia in its earlier days used their own people to do hits, they would say “by thw push of a button, you’re dead”. That’s why they were called button men.
Thanks!
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Anyone got a link or info related to that gongs guy from philly that got whacked for sleeping with Joey Merlino’ gf or wife while Skinny Joey was in prison?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Shellackhead wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:24 pm Anyone got a link or info related to that gongs guy from philly that got whacked for sleeping with Joey Merlino’ gf or wife while Skinny Joey was in prison?
Working on a write up on the Gongs hit. Should be up in a couple of days.

A couple of links on the murder:

https://mycitypaper.com/articles/2003-11-27/cb.shtml

https://youtu.be/ivFoS99hfvw
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
StandUpGuy
Straightened out

Post by StandUpGuy »

Did Michael Visconti that was with Angelo Prisco work for the feds or was it just the other associate Jeff Santini? Or did he flip?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Do the administrations of the Genovese and Gambino families really care what kinda shape the other families are in? The Lucchese’s just had Madonna and Crea convicted, and now it appears DeSantis is about to get hit with an indictment. The Bonanno Family has almost been wiped out twice in the last 40 years, and depending on who you listen to, the Colombo Family *is* basically wiped out.

Are the other 2 families just happy to pick up the crumbs left behind by those guys? Or is there an incentive to have all 5 families functioning at a certain level? Seems like they could make more money just picking up the crumbs, but it also means they’d probably have more law enforcement to deal with.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Has anyone ever heard of Chuck Colombo or Vic Vicarone from the Cleveland family? I was watching a show called Deep Undercover and they said that an FBI agent named John Tanza infiltrated the Cleveland family in the nineties and was around them, but I can't find any information on either one.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Reading through Gangland’s most recent post about Gaspipe Casso. I always found it odd how in Vic & Gas’s regime, some upper echelon guys were active when it came to committing violence. He had Frank Lastorino, Pete Chiodo, and others that I can’t think of at the top of my head who were captains and fulfilled contract hits. He also, killed a few people himself as Underboss. But you never see this with the other families, the Gambinos, Genovese, Bonannos to an extent, even the Colombo’s who are the wildest of the 5 families. Anyone knows why?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:13 am Reading through Gangland’s most recent post about Gaspipe Casso. I always found it odd how in Vic & Gas’s regime, some upper echelon guys were active when it came to committing violence. He had Frank Lastorino, Pete Chiodo, and others that I can’t think of at the top of my head who were captains and fulfilled contract hits. He also, killed a few people himself as Underboss. But you never see this with the other families, the Gambinos, Genovese, Bonannos to an extent, even the Colombo’s who are the wildest of the 5 families. Anyone knows why?
What I've found is that captains particularly tend to go on hits more than anticipated (or perhaps tended is the better word, considering the lack of hits nowadays and the increasing use of outside muscle like bikers and gang members in violent crimes). For example, while Sammy Gravano was captain he personally participated in the murders of Nicky Mormando and Robert DiBernardo. Then, while consigliere, he participated in the murders of Louie Milito and Francesco Olivieri.

Bonanno family examples:

Massino and Napolitano were captains at the time of their participation in the murder of Vito Borelli. Almost all of the captains were involved in the three capos hits, either as participants or witnesses. Napolitano's murder involved Massino and Sciascia, who were both on the ruling panel, Steve Cannone the sitting consigliere and Frank Lino, who I think was still an acting captain at the time. Gabriel Infanti was involved in disposal of Caesar Bonventre's body. Lino and Infanti were on the Robert Capasio/ Joseph Platia hit team. Lino and Vitale were on the scene for Infanti's murder. Joseph Cammarano Sr was on the scene for Anthony Tomasulo's killing. Michael Cardello was involved in the murders of Russell Mauro and Robert Perrino. Patrick DeFilippo was on the Sciascia hit.

Philadelphia family:

Frank Narducci was possibly a captain at the time that he stabbed Alvin Feldman to death. If George Fresolone's theory is correct, then while he was consigliere Antonio Caponigro personally shot Angelo Bruno. Frank Monte was probably a captain when he was on the scene of Frank Sindone's murder. Joseph Ciancaglini set up John Calabrese to be hit. Some sources put Salvatore Testa in the Rocco Marinucci hit team. Lawrence Merlino was possibly involved in the disposal of the Sollena brothers. Joseph Ciancaglini Jr had recently been made the underboss when he was the getaway driver in the murder of Rod Colombo. Acting underboss Frank Martines was a driver in the murder of Frank Baldino. Steve Mazzone was a captain when he took part in the disappearance of Michael Avicolli. Joey Merlino was the underboss when he served as the driver in the attempted murder of Anthony Milicia. George Borgesi was a captain at the time of the Anthony Turra murder. Borgesi, Mazzone and Ligambi were identified as being involved in Ronald Turchi's murder. At that time, Ligambi was the acting boss, Mazzone was the acting underboss and Borgesi was the acting consigliere.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'