General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Not that I have seen.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:19 pm Not that I have seen.

Pogo
Cheers ears.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

In all the non Italian Chicago talk... we barely mention Curley Humphries

According to roemer he was too dog, did I take that wrong?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

What family is the Glory Social Club in Brooklyn linked with if they’re even mafia linked Anyone know? All I got it this about it https://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/nyre ... -club.html
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

So... vacari said larry gallo was a informant.... did we discuss this I feelnit came up fairly recently even
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:59 pm So... vacari said larry gallo was a informant.... did we discuss this I feelnit came up fairly recently even
viewtopic.php?p=163190#p163190
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

So..... these machines with tons of quarters and 20$ bills in them for u to "gamble" on are EVERYWHERE in Detroit....

https://youtu.be/8Ynf9IIIZ3s

Sample of what I'm talking about.

Also, interesting tidbit.... my wife started working in Detroit's Eastern Market... and theres tons and tons of big mafia names w companies there. Iv allways known Eastern market was a heavy mafia area.... but didnt realize all the companies w big names I see.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

So..
None has seen these new machines??
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Did the Gambinos, & Lucchese secretly pushed as backers of the first & 3rd Colombo wars? I read somewhere that Carlo and John Gotti wanted to oust the sitting bosses & put loyalist in charge, is this true? Also if that really was true, how would of benefit the Gambinos?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:08 pm Did the Gambinos, & Lucchese secretly pushed as backers of the first & 3rd Colombo wars? I read somewhere that Carlo and John Gotti wanted to oust the sitting bosses & put loyalist in charge, is this true? Also if that really was true, how would of benefit the Gambinos?
Carlo was deff at least in the know on what was happening during the profaci days and would want a loyalist bc the bonanno and profaci fam was the Sicilian conservative side with tommy lucchesse being almost neutral which is where Gambino would really become a BOB type....

Gambino had Luke's through marriage.
And the west side at that time was closer allied with Gambino.

So he would almost control the commission if he put a loyalist in.

As far as Gotti.... same thing but the conservative side is gone
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Gambino - Genovese/Costello/Luciano - American side

Lucchesse - supposedly the neutral party after Maranzano was killed.

Bonanno/Profaci - sicilian side.

Then Colombo came in and told the commission that Magliocco and Bonanno were about to kill Carlo and the others ala godfather style....

So Gambino putting Colombo in ripped the scales. And then I believe that even DiGregorio was also supposed to have Gambino backings. This is where the Gambino folk lore comes tho so who knows if he really did all this
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 am What family is the Glory Social Club in Brooklyn linked with if they’re even mafia linked Anyone know? All I got it this about it https://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/nyre ... -club.html
The Glory on 3rd ave is genovese thru baldie longo but in the old days people say it was A gallo hangout that’s before my time tho.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:05 am
Shellackhead wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 am What family is the Glory Social Club in Brooklyn linked with if they’re even mafia linked Anyone know? All I got it this about it https://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/nyre ... -club.html
The Glory on 3rd ave is genovese thru baldie longo but in the old days people say it was A gallo hangout that’s before my time tho.
That place is a time capsule , I can't believe it's still there and open , I was in there when I was a kid a few times and the place hasn't changed
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Bklyn21 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:58 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:05 am
That place is a time capsule , I can't believe it's still there and open , I was in there when I was a kid a few times and the place hasn't changed
Is it members only? I passed by there last year & I saw a guy man reading a magazine & peeking through the blinds.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 am Gambino - Genovese/Costello/Luciano - American side

Lucchesse - supposedly the neutral party after Maranzano was killed.

Bonanno/Profaci - sicilian side.

Then Colombo came in and told the commission that Magliocco and Bonanno were about to kill Carlo and the others ala godfather style....

So Gambino putting Colombo in ripped the scales. And then I believe that even DiGregorio was also supposed to have Gambino backings. This is where the Gambino folk lore comes tho so who knows if he really did all this
Its been said that Luchese had the most power or respect in Ny before he died