I almost hate to say it....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: I almost hate to say it....

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:19 pm
B. wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:08 pm I agree it's a slippery slope once the moderators start policing members, but the RD admin banned people for challenging Picasso's bogus information and built the forum around him. Tommy PM'd me on the RD before I was banned and told me that he and David knew that Picasso was Lenehan but he was too big of a draw for the forum to do anything about it. It's one thing for the admin to be indifferent or ambivalent toward an egregious liar, but to actually advocate for one is another story and they basically lost their forum because of it.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better. And Tommy told me essentially the same thing. "Pic is an institution on the forum" and all that. Look how that turned out.

It was even worse in the early days of the forums where posters would be banned on Pics whims. The smallest disagreement, no matter how respectful, was enough to fire up the Picasso cult and get a poster banned.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

DPG wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:05 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:01 pm
DPG wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:56 pm Thread is completely fucked now
Why? whats wrong with remembering and discussing PIC.
Not blaming you at all just saying there is a thread in the GY for the discussion of pic, considering how it has gotten to where it has nothing to do with the current subject matter anymore.
LOL. Topic did swerve out of the lane.
I don't even remember what the original
topic was. Nostalgia got the best us.
I'm signing off for the weekend. North
Georgia mountains. Peace out......
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Not to bring this back up. But can Scott Deitche confirm Lenehan was Pic? Does Augie ever post on here?
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

dack2001 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:56 am I know that's your position Pogo, an albeit very consistent position, that Picasso was Lenahan. I didn't buy it when you said it 10 years ago and I still don't buy it now. Him and Smartened Up very defined in the groups they knew and associated with. Either they played a great, layered scam or its more internet vs. street grudge, which happens on these forums regularly. I don't want to get into a fight over it but I feel i'm not the only one who has been around for the last 18 years and doesn't buy it.
So I'm guessing you believe pic was a made member of the westside? Just so you know, I know for a fact who pic is.......Soliai
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

B. wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:56 am SmartenUp was definitely not Lenehan. Picasso probably lost his password or something and he either posted for him or they shared the account later on. Remember he was always starting new accounts, probably because he couldn't remember the password. He would show up, make posts identical to his old ones and then it would be some big "reveal" that it was Picasso all along and his fans would be like, "I knew it was you old pal!"

Augie was a different guy as well, despite how similar his "grammar" was to Picasso. He made a couple mistakes and it was figured out that he was a former low-level Gambino associate in NJ who had also been a professional bodybuilder.

I don't feel right listing Augie and SmartenUp's actual names, as I don't feel they did anything wrong aside from enable Picasso's bullshit. Lenehan on the other hand continued to be engaged in criminal activity and scammed elderly people and migrant workers after he flipped, like an extremely pathetic, low-level Gravano. I don't feel bad using his name publicly for that reason.
100% smup was not picasso, two different people, I'm not guessing on this, I know this for a fact. Smup for whatever reason, stop posting not to long after I was banned (me being banned had nothing to do with why he stop posting), and then I believe Tommy gave pic smup account to start posting on to try and boost the forum that was dying.

I was the one who exposed AugieD to Tommy (when we were close) and Tommy let the flood gates open on who Augie was when he got mad at Augie for something I no longer remember. I felt bad after cause Augie was always good to me after our little beef. I once told AugieD I had picture of him (and explained to him everything about the picture) and he asked me not to post it and I gave him my word I wouldn't. And to this day I have not posted it.......Soliai
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Soliai wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:12 pm
dack2001 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:56 am I know that's your position Pogo, an albeit very consistent position, that Picasso was Lenahan. I didn't buy it when you said it 10 years ago and I still don't buy it now. Him and Smartened Up very defined in the groups they knew and associated with. Either they played a great, layered scam or its more internet vs. street grudge, which happens on these forums regularly. I don't want to get into a fight over it but I feel i'm not the only one who has been around for the last 18 years and doesn't buy it.
So I'm guessing you believe pic was a made member of the westside? Just so you know, I know for a fact who pic is.......Soliai
No, I'm seeing what everyone is saying here. I also remember when Camden Yards passed and there being discrepancies exposed at that time as well. I had forgotten.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Anyone have any links to where Fish identifies Buckaloo Ferro as consigliere? Been looking for every piece of information on the Genoveses during the seventies lately. I know Cafaro ID'd Ferro but I can't find the source, regardless of how accurate (or not, considering nobody else mentions Ferro as consigliere at all and we've got Ardito, Salerno and Alongi already conflictingly mentioned as holding the position after Miranda).
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:06 am Anyone have any links to where Fish identifies Buckaloo Ferro as consigliere? Been looking for every piece of information on the Genoveses during the seventies lately. I know Cafaro ID'd Ferro but I can't find the source, regardless of how accurate (or not, considering nobody else mentions Ferro as consigliere at all and we've got Ardito, Salerno and Alongi already conflictingly mentioned as holding the position after Miranda).
Try google "25 years after valachi". Its a report that includes Cafaro's testimony if im not mistaken.
There you have it, never printed before.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2325&sid=edf71c98b ... d51885b545

You can download the report in this thread
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

:P
Soliai wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 pm
B. wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:56 am SmartenUp was definitely not Lenehan. Picasso probably lost his password or something and he either posted for him or they shared the account later on. Remember he was always starting new accounts, probably because he couldn't remember the password. He would show up, make posts identical to his old ones and then it would be some big "reveal" that it was Picasso all along and his fans would be like, "I knew it was you old pal!"

Augie was a different guy as well, despite how similar his "grammar" was to Picasso. He made a couple mistakes and it was figured out that he was a former low-level Gambino associate in NJ who had also been a professional bodybuilder.

I don't feel right listing Augie and SmartenUp's actual names, as I don't feel they did anything wrong aside from enable Picasso's bullshit. Lenehan on the other hand continued to be engaged in criminal activity and scammed elderly people and migrant workers after he flipped, like an extremely pathetic, low-level Gravano. I don't feel bad using his name publicly for that reason.
100% smup was not picasso, two different people, I'm not guessing on this, I know this for a fact. Smup for whatever reason, stop posting not to long after I was banned (me being banned had nothing to do with why he stop posting), and then I believe Tommy gave pic smup account to start posting on to try and boost the forum that was dying.

I was the one who exposed AugieD to Tommy (when we were close) and Tommy let the flood gates open on who Augie was when he got mad at Augie for something I no longer remember. I felt bad after cause Augie was always good to me after our little beef. I once told AugieD I had picture of him (and explained to him everything about the picture) and he asked me not to post it and I gave him my word I wouldn't. And to this day I have not posted it.......Soliai
Pic was lenehan no? What do you mean you exposed Augie?
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Who was Augie in real life? I know we had Lenehan (pic), Ricciardi (forgot his username), Deleo (Jenna?), Lenehan nephew (Camden Yards) and I believe theh body builder who was involved in the life in NJ (forgot his username also). Who was Augie?
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

baldo wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:36 am Who was Augie in real life? I know we had Lenehan (pic), Ricciardi (forgot his username), Deleo (Jenna?), Lenehan nephew (Camden Yards) and I believe theh body builder who was involved in the life in NJ (forgot his username also). Who was Augie?
Carmine Persico's nephew was a frequent poster on the Real Deal until he died of a heart attack at 40. I believe it came out in Gangland.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

There was also the time on BM when pic and Louie pretended they met up in Atlantic City. Which they later admitted was bs..
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

baldo wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:36 am Who was Augie in real life? I know we had Lenehan (pic), Ricciardi (forgot his username), Deleo (Jenna?), Lenehan nephew (Camden Yards) and I believe theh body builder who was involved in the life in NJ (forgot his username also). Who was Augie?

Augie was the bodybuilder involved in NJ AFAIK. his whole schtick was posting ABOUT said bodybuilder in third party like "S**** P*** was around so and so, made a lot of money, even had a big cigarette boat down the shore" then Picasso would come on and say "yeah, i remember that... S**** was a good kid" ...but Augie really was that guy.

i dont want to post the name in case its breaking any forum rules. by no means is it a recgonizable name and if you googled it i doubt you'd find anything.

Picasso hyped up a lot of random people. I forget who but there was a big Colombo loanshark who he always talked about. one thing he was ahead of the ball on was Nicky Skins...gotta give him that. one instance where fresh street talk came through. I think the Post or maybe the Newark News even quoted Lenehan in the article about Nicky Skins when he passed; Lenehan was the "source"
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Ozgoz wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:53 am There was also the time on BM when pic and Louie pretended they met up in Atlantic City. Which they later admitted was bs..
Yeah I remember pic cancelled the meeting.