General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Villain »

eboli wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:26 pm Ricca and Costello were very close. I don't know if this friendship dates back to before they were big shots or it was gradually developed during their business dealings, but it was there. In the 1940s, there was even speculations among law enforcement that Chicago and Genovese were a tight criminal alliance or even one organization. It spilled out to the newspapers in the early 1950s when pieces like pic related started popping up:

2.jpg
Thanks again.

Both Vito and Costello were connected to Ricca since the old days, like for example when both Ricca and Vito killed Pollaccia in 1931 or when in June 1934 Ricca visited New York and had a meeting with Costello. I dont have date right now but once they (Costello and Ricca) were arrested during a raid on a Blue Island gambling place, and also years later Costello has admitted having an acquaintanceship with Ricca.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:26 am
funkster wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:47 am I one thousand percent just saw Mike Byrne being filmed outside of the boomerang club by some weird couple with a GoPro and motorcycle outfits lol. That dude give tours or some shit?
Sounds like some cornball shit.
Yep, dude is off.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:12 pm
funkster wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:47 am I one thousand percent just saw Mike Byrne being filmed outside of the boomerang club by some weird couple with a GoPro and motorcycle outfits lol. That dude give tours or some shit?
Yep, dude is off.
He should take them into the back room next to Vinny’s with a Go Pro and see how that’s received lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Yep, dude is off.
He should take them into the back room next to Vinny’s with a Go Pro and see how that’s received lol.
Interior of Boomerang Club, circa 2000. I don't recognize anybody but they could all be civilians.

funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Yep, dude is off.
lmao. When I drove back down Grand he was across the street from there pointing to that side of Grand. Couldn't make out what he was saying.

Great pics Snakes, where are those from? I know there was an old website that had a few.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Great pics Snakes. A document of what even then was already just a fading echo of the old neighborhood. The guy in the bottom pic sitting second from right looks super familiar; I’m sure I used to know him from somewhere, but can’t place it now. I don’t see anyone who resembles any known Outfit guys here, but I can’t imagine they’d have cameras in there if any wiseguys were around. From what I understand, Christy Spina was using the backroom at the Boomerang for meetings but I think that this may have been when the club itself was not being used.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Anyone have knowledge of a Chicago member or associate who had a residence near Albequerque, NM?

Was talking to a family friend who used to live there and she said a neighbor was a mobster from Chicago, said he had an Italian wife but couldn't remember his name. She thought the wife lived there full time while he seemed to come and go.

I know of Chicago guys in AZ, NV, and CA but I'm not aware of any in NM.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Talking about New Mexico right? Buccieri and Gus Alex once had a meeting over there....ill try to find the exact location...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah, New Mexico. I don't know if the guy was Italian or not but he had an Italian wife apparently.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

B. wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:03 pm Anyone have knowledge of a Chicago member or associate who had a residence near Albequerque, NM?
It seems they (Buccieri and Alex) had a meeting in the same town...

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Awesome, thank you. I think Buccieri would be too old and this may have been after he died but I will see if that rings any bells next time I talk to her. Great lead, shows the top Chicago guys went there.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

B. wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:28 am Awesome, thank you. I think Buccieri would be too old and this may have been after he died but I will see if that rings any bells next time I talk to her. Great lead, shows the top Chicago guys went there.
You're welcome bud.

Yeah you're right regarding Buccieri being too old since he died in 73. Maybe Alexs associate Guzilus, a known restaurateur, continued to operate or maybe some other younger associate....
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

.....in addition, Ron DeAngeles and Irwin Weiner (Grand Av crew) also lurked around NM during the early or mid 70s
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

According to an old report from the 1930s, a Jimmie Nuggi was Rocco DeGrazia's top lieutenant. I'm sure this is a misspelling, but can anyone thing of who this might be? It's not Jimmy Mondi and not Dominick Nuccio. He was a Melrose Park guy.