Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Jimmy Calandras latest comments

Post by Cheech »

bronx wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:58 am qualified? they were crack heads
He mentions Scars a lot in his videos. Whats your take on Calandra?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I kinda feel bad for the Bickleman kid they killed. He was a kid just like them basically and ended up robbing the wrong spot. Spero having that kid killed was pretty cold.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Here is a chart from the Colombo War trials that list Mazza as an Associate when the war started and the Commission closed the Colombos books. So Mazza is lying about having been made.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4936
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:00 am Here is a chart from the Colombo War trials that list Mazza as an Associate when the war started and the Commission closed the Colombos books. So Mazza is lying about having been made.

Why would they still list MF as a capo?
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:00 am Here is a chart from the Colombo War trials that list Mazza as an Associate when the war started and the Commission closed the Colombos books. So Mazza is lying about having been made.

chart is 1984 ,Franzese Indictment was1985
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

I’m skeptical he was actually made, but he said in his Vlad interview that Scarpa had already had AIDS for a couple years by the time he got straightened out. Scarpa didn’t get diagnosed until 86. So if Mazza *did* get made, it probably wasn’t until 88 or so. But again, I’m skeptical.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The bottom chart is from June 1991 and it list Mazza as an Assocaite. At this time the Colombo books were closed and no new members were inducted until early 2000.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

I can't say this enough its absolutely Comical that anyone thinks that Calandra was even close to ever being straightened out...
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Jbravo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:11 pm I can't say this enough its absolutely Comical that anyone thinks that Calandra was even close to ever being straightened out...
It's not that hard to believe that he could have been made someday. He was a decent earner, spent time in prison, and was close to Antony Spero. As a drug dealer, he might have had a difficult time getting made with the other families, but the Bonnanos don't seem to have a problem with it.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

A lot of the other families have inducted plenty of drug dealers. Being a dealer hasn't been much, if any, impediment to getting made in the last few decades.

Pogo
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

lino was coke head, calco et al used crack plus
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

TallGuy19 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:38 pm
Jbravo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:11 pm I can't say this enough its absolutely Comical that anyone thinks that Calandra was even close to ever being straightened out...
It's not that hard to believe that he could have been made someday. He was a decent earner, spent time in prison, and was close to Antony Spero. As a drug dealer, he might have had a difficult time getting made with the other families, but the Bonnanos don't seem to have a problem with it.
Yeah I agree I don’t think it’s a stretch at all. He was also on record with Madonna, a pretty freaking huge dealer in his own right. Seems like there have been plenty of guys made since the 90s with much flimsier resumes than Calandra.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

joeycigars wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:40 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 am

chart is 1984 ,Franzese Indictment was1985
He was still in the 1987 chart, well after he made his deal of cooperation of whatever. I thought they would remove him by then. But interesting.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

gunner lindbloom says he is a CEO... CEO of what?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Franzese says Persico got a message to him in prison as late as 1991 asking whose side he was on in the war. He acknowledged that he had already testified against Norby Walters at that point but he was still in good standing because no one cared about Norby Walters (and Walters never went to prison).

I could be wrong, but I’m *highly* skeptical that Franzese was still on solid ground with the borgata in 1991. He testified in front of Congress just a year later on the gas scam and boxing.