I almost hate to say it....

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: I almost hate to say it....

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I never said it. Never knew it or really cared. It was already a rumor before I even joined the forums (due largely to Scott D's interview of Lenehan matching up with "Picassos" posting style and area of knowledge). In fact I was already gone from RD when he was finally exposed. It was someone else who found some posts on the internet from Steve Lenehan that matched "Picassos" posts. There were also some other circumstantial evidence pointing to them being one and the same.

In addition to all of that "Picasso" was also exposed as a liar when he claimed he had a son who was killed in 1981 because he "lost a sitdown" when years earlier he claimed to have been born in 1947 which would make it impossible for him to have a grown son involved in the mob in 1981.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

dack2001 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:56 am I know that's your position Pogo, an albeit very consistent position, that Picasso was Lenahan. I didn't buy it when you said it 10 years ago and I still don't buy it now. Him and Smartened Up very defined in the groups they knew and associated with. Either they played a great, layered scam or its more internet vs. street grudge, which happens on these forums regularly. I don't want to get into a fight over it but I feel i'm not the only one who has been around for the last 18 years and doesn't buy it.
Thom (Hunt i believe) on the old Rd swore he knew the real identity of Pic,
and it was not Lenehan. He said it was a West Side NJ member and he had
spoken with Pic on the phone. By doing research on the things Pic told him
Thom stated he was able to cross reference facts and determine the voracity
of pic's claims and identity. Thom stated he would not reveal the true identity
of Pic while pic was alive. On the other hand, evidence does point to Lenehan
being Pic. We will never be sure, like so many other undeterminable points of
contention.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You are thinking of Thomas L. Jones. One of "Picassos" biggest groupies and the one who started the claim that "picasso" was a Genovese made member. He went crawling under a rock after Pic was exposed as Lenehan and hasn't posted since.

BTW it was also revealed that "Picasso" and "Smarten Up" were one and the same.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Every internet thread draws a Hitler reference.

Every Genovese thread draws a Picasso reference.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

yup thats it. i was trying to remember who started the made rumor. I was just about to ask until I saw the new replies come through LOL.

Thom L Jones. When Picasso stopped posting, Thom came on and essentially said something along the lines of "great job guys, you just chased a made man off the board. Pic was made in 79 (??) by Tieri in the same ceremony as Sally Dogs Lombardi" lmao. would love to see that thread all over again. jesus.

never knew that Pic and Smarten Up were the same person!? what the fuck? if thats true, thats um... thats something. some sort of sickness, thats for sure.

sorry if I derailed the thread even bringing that up, but when it comes to the 70s / Lombardo era Genovese I guess its worth mentioning, because he was always instrumental in those talks (for better or worse). did he claim Lombardo was a Jersey guy? he kinda made it seem that way. or maybe just a typical city guy who moved out to the Jersey burbs.

also for what its worth when the Nicky Skins thing happned, Picasso / Smarten Up did have some solid info. I had never even heard of the guy before he Kurt Cobained himself, and IIRC it wad posted on RD that he was ratting and killed himself a few days before it hit the NY Post
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:15 pm Every internet thread draws a Hitler reference.

absolutely, and with good reason. one of the main "theories" if you can even call it that, about the structuring from that era, singlehandedly came from him - and people have extrapolated it and built other theories based around his info combined with acrual research. we have the MF files and people's interpretation of them, Cafaro's info, Feds' info, and Picasso's "Lombardo was boss for a month in 81" or something like that theory. it makes for good convo at the very least, despite it going against what probably really happened
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:40 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:15 pm Every internet thread draws a Hitler reference.

absolutely, and with good reason. one of the main "theories" if you can even call it that, about the structuring from that era, singlehandedly came from him - and people have extrapolated it and built other theories based around his info combined with acrual research. we have the MF files and people's interpretation of them, Cafaro's info, Feds' info, and Picasso's "Lombardo was boss for a month in 81" or something like that theory. it makes for good convo at the very least, despite it going against what probably really happened
But to lump those references together is a mistake.
As Pogo said Picasso was proven to be a low level Irish associate. Who, pre internet days would have had less knowledge of the intricacies of the Westside hierarchy than you or I would today.

So including his ‘take’ on the debate, I would suggest, would be a mistake.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I'll stand by what I posted.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Of course, at the risk of stating the obvious, how would Pic even know about Lombardo only being boss for a month? His whole "Funzi would never beard for anyone" nonsense was his opinion passed off as insider fact.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Picasso is Steve Lenehan. On Lenehan's Facebook he even posted the lyrics to a Bob Dylan song that Picasso used to quote and used an identical writing "style". That, along with the work that Batman and others did to reveal who he was much earlier, proved it without a doubt.

One of Picasso's last posts on the RD made mention to his nephew dying and his daughter being killed by a drunk driver. This was not a lie. Lenehan's nephew (Camden Yards) did die and his daughter was killed by a drunk driver, both of which can be confirmed. Her obituary is online and not hard to find but I won't post it. So in the end Picasso finally told the truth but it took real tragedies to make it happen.

SmartenUp is not Lenehan, but a relative of a Lucchese soldier who turned government witness. He was later on record with the Colombo family's NJ group. Over the years he and Picasso became online friends and I believe shared the SmartenUp account later on. SmartenUp (under his real name) is/was Facebook friends with Lenehan. SmartenUp to my knowledge never told any significant lies and was honest about his background.

Picasso was a low-level mafia associate from Newark. He did have knowledge of people and places and he was an excellent storyteller despite his sloppy WebTV writing, but unfortunately he made up some elaborate lies that made it impossible to appreciate whatever truth was in there. He would have been a great contributor if he stuck to his actual experiences.

And by the way, I have zero problem with someone wanting to remain anonymous and doing what they have to do to that end. What I have a problem with is deliberately spreading misinformation and lies about mafia history, which Picasso did repeatedly.

Fin.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

B. wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:55 pm Picasso is Steve Lenehan. On Lenehan's Facebook he even posted the lyrics to a Bob Dylan song that Picasso used to quote and used an identical writing "style". That, along with the work that Batman and others did to reveal who he was much earlier, proved it without a doubt.

One of Picasso's last posts on the RD made mention to his nephew dying and his daughter being killed by a drunk driver. This was not a lie. Lenehan's nephew (Camden Yards) did die and his daughter was killed by a drunk driver, both of which can be confirmed. Her obituary is online and not hard to find but I won't post it. So in the end Picasso finally told the truth but it took real tragedies to make it happen.

SmartenUp is not Lenehan, but a relative of a Lucchese soldier who turned government witness. He was later on record with the Colombo family's NJ group. Over the years he and Picasso became online friends and I believe shared the SmartenUp account later on. SmartenUp (under his real name) is/was Facebook friends with Lenehan. SmartenUp to my knowledge never told any significant lies and was honest about his background.

Picasso was a low-level mafia associate from Newark. He did have knowledge of people and places and he was an excellent storyteller despite his sloppy WebTV writing, but unfortunately he made up some elaborate lies that made it impossible to appreciate whatever truth was in there. He would have been a great contributor if he stuck to his actual experiences.

And by the way, I have zero problem with someone wanting to remain anonymous and doing what they have to do to that end. What I have a problem with is deliberately spreading misinformation and lies about mafia history, which Picasso did repeatedly.

Fin.
+1

Great storyteller. You are spot on with everything.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Speaking of Pic/Lenehan, some classics...

https://youtu.be/R9fj6YXMA54

https://youtu.be/77SEnIITuPY
All roads lead to New York.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:25 am You are thinking of Thomas L. Jones. One of "Picassos" biggest groupies and the one who started the claim that "picasso" was a Genovese made member. He went crawling under a rock after Pic was exposed as Lenehan and hasn't posted since.

BTW it was also revealed that "Picasso" and "Smarten Up" were one and the same.

Pogo

10/4. My memory on the whole PIC subject has faded.
All the evidence provided by B. and you show the truth.
What happened to PIC? Has he ever been here on BH?
Or is he under the rock with Thom L. Jones? ;)
Don't know whether the Frankie the Fly stories were fact or fiction,
I just remember they made for great reading back then.
TJ
Straightened out

Post by TJ »

i think smartened up was someone else, im pretty sure, maybe im wrong though..pogo ill pm you
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:30 am Speaking of Pic/Lenehan, some classics...

https://youtu.be/R9fj6YXMA54

https://youtu.be/77SEnIITuPY
Thanks WG, as always.
Never saw those vids.
From now on, I'm gonna
leave the whole 'pic' thing
in the past where it belongs. :!: