John DiFronzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:26 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:07 pm
Frank wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:32 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:15 am There wasn't ever much supporting D'Amico being the consigliere so I would take that with a grain of salt, if not throw it out altogether.

Without further info and clarification, it seems DeLaurentis is the boss as well seen as an advisor to those below him given his age and standing. Maybe that's where they chose to use the term "consigliere." Meanwhile, it sounds like Vena has the duties we would typically attribute to a street/acting boss, while still running his own Grand Avenue crew. In short, D'Amico is now in DiFronzo's old role and Vena is what Marcello and Sarno were.
Are you saying D'Amico is running Elmwood Park and has had no known administration role?
I have no idea what D'Amico's role is because nothing has really come out about him that I would consider solid info. Well, other than he has lunch with the DiFronzo brothers occasionally.
There were surveillance photos of d’amico meeting with spina who is grand ave. Only person I have heard mention him in admin is Scott. Everything I have heard about d’amico is he does his own thing runs a big book. I remember hearing specifically that he refused to accept sarno has his boss and ran his own little crew of him, dote, and abinanti. Other than that I agree with snakes solly then vena. Solly in the accardo, difronzo role. Removed from day to day but still advises and probably receives tributes. He comes off as retired for sure. Spending all his time with grandkids and running his legit company. He doesn’t wanna go back in at his age
@Pete, I agree. What is your opinion about the BOOK that D'Amico oversees? Do you think it is offshore OR do you think it is blue collar on the streets or both? As far as D'Amico not accepting Sarno as his Boss, D'Amico was LEAGUES above that blue collar fat slob and D'Amico's first loyalty was always to a guy named John DiFronzo. D'Amico needed Sarno like he neededa hole in his head.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:02 pm I hate myself when in a moment of weakness I read Chicago threads.
You need to see a doctor about that illness. :lol:
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:02 pm I hate myself when in a moment of weakness I read Chicago threads.
I find myself saying the same thing.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:38 pm
I find myself saying the same thing.
Oh C'mon Snakes, that's why you agreed to be a Moderator. It's not like you're getting paid for it. :lol:
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

My board income is confidential
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Confederate wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:09 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:15 am There wasn't ever much supporting D'Amico being the consigliere so I would take that with a grain of salt, if not throw it out altogether.

Without further info and clarification, it seems DeLaurentis is the boss as well seen as an advisor to those below him given his age and standing. Maybe that's where they chose to use the term "consigliere." Meanwhile, it sounds like Vena has the duties we would typically attribute to a street/acting boss, while still running his own Grand Avenue crew. In short, D'Amico is now in DiFronzo's old role and Vena is what Marcello and Sarno were.
Are you saying D'Amico is running Elmwood Park and has had no known administration role?
I have no idea what D'Amico's role is because nothing has really come out about him that I would consider solid info. Well, other than he has lunch with the DiFronzo brothers occasionally.
There were surveillance photos of d’amico meeting with spina who is grand ave. Only person I have heard mention him in admin is Scott. Everything I have heard about d’amico is he does his own thing runs a big book. I remember hearing specifically that he refused to accept sarno has his boss and ran his own little crew of him, dote, and abinanti. Other than that I agree with snakes solly then vena. Solly in the accardo, difronzo role. Removed from day to day but still advises and probably receives tributes. He comes off as retired for sure. Spending all his time with grandkids and running his legit company. He doesn’t wanna go back in at his age
@Pete, I agree. What is your opinion about the BOOK that D'Amico oversees? Do you think it is offshore OR do you think it is blue collar on the streets or both? As far as D'Amico not accepting Sarno as his Boss, D'Amico was LEAGUES above that blue collar fat slob and D'Amico's first loyalty was always to a guy named John DiFronzo. D'Amico needed Sarno like he neededa hole in his head.
In what instance would offshore not be blue collar?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

It seems reasonable as you and Snakes said that Solly D is No. 1 and Vena is No. 2. As far as I know, Marco D'Amico isn't made, just has his own bookmaking operation and is friendly with made guys. There may only be two active crews right now, Cicero and Grand Avenue. DiFronzo shut down Elmwood Park and we haven't heard about any activity in Chinatown for years. Right now it's possible that the Outfit has less than 20 active members or even less than 5 active members. The FBI probably has better information, but they haven't revealed anything new for years.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Blue Collar meaning betting locally on credit and maybe somebody threatening you if you don't pay. Offshore you usually need to deposit money into an account ahead of time.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Confederate wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:28 pm
NickyEyes1 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Blue Collar meaning betting locally on credit and maybe somebody threatening you if you don't pay. Offshore you usually need to deposit money into an account ahead of time.
You're thinking of sites like Bovada.
Last edited by NickyEyes1 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

What sites do you know that are offshore where you can make a bet without depositing money into an account ahead of time or using some kind of credit card?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:25 pm
It seems reasonable as you and Snakes said that Solly D is No. 1 and Vena is No. 2. As far as I know, Marco D'Amico isn't made, just has his own bookmaking operation and is friendly with made guys. There may only be two active crews right now, Cicero and Grand Avenue. DiFronzo shut down Elmwood Park and we haven't heard about any activity in Chinatown for years. Right now it's possible that the Outfit has less than 20 active members or even less than 5 active members. The FBI probably has better information, but they haven't revealed anything new for years.
Lol! Antillar I respect your opinion but saying Marco isn’t made he just ran book and hung out with made guys reminds me of Joey lombardo in federal court explaining he wasn’t really a member he just ran gambling and hung out with a lot of members. We have had this discussion before but according to Marcos indictment which he plead guilty to he was a leader in the elmwood park crew and a member of organized crime. John binder who knows the outfit well said Marco was leading the crew At one time. Before his plea he demanded the government prove he was made then when they had numerous people set to testify he backed off it. You don’t have that kind of position of authority without being made. Your telling me they made Rudy fratto but not Marco? We can agree to disagree but this one seems rather obvious to me
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Pete wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:30 pm
Lol! Antillar I respect your opinion but saying Marco isn’t made he just ran book and hung out with made guys reminds me of Joey lombardo in federal court explaining he wasn’t really a member he just ran gambling and hung out with a lot of members. We have had this discussion before but according to Marcos indictment which he plead guilty to he was a leader in the elmwood park crew and a member of organized crime. John binder who knows the outfit well said Marco was leading the crew At one time. Before his plea he demanded the government prove he was made then when they had numerous people set to testify he backed off it. You don’t have that kind of position of authority without being made. Your telling me they made Rudy fratto but not Marco? We can agree to disagree but this one seems rather obvious to me
That's not my opinion. It's what Mike Mags told me. Since he told me all kinds of other details, I don't have reason to disbelieve him.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:07 pm
That's not my opinion. It's what Mike Mags told me. Since he told me all kinds of other details, I don't have reason to disbelieve him.
That’s what mike told you personally or what fosco said mike said? Obviously mike is someone who would know something like that but I’m curious if that’s second hand info or direct from him
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

He told me personally. The last time he saw Marco was around 2000, and he wasn't made then (in his opinion), and believes he hasn't been made since then.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

The Government in 1994 had 8 witnesses who would testify under oath that Marco D'Amico was a made man in the Chicago Outfit. I would believe Binder and the 8 witnesses and common sense over Mike Mags. He might have a habit of saying Marco was not made to protect Marco from a RICO indictment in the same way Marcello's Lawyer said Marcello wasn't made because his mother was Irish. It is a form of defense that is used by others.
They automatically say they are not made members of a criminal Organization. Joey Lombardo said the same thing etc....