John DiFronzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Confederate »

Frank wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:05 am
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 pm
NickyEyes1 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:33 pm http://abc7chicago.com/with-top-chicago ... d/3550181/

New I Team video. Some interesting info in it
Thanks for posting.

Strange how they refer to DeLaurentis as boss and consigliere. The article says Vena is the "second-in-command" and "oversees the day-to-day operations."
Its like back when Accardo was the top boss, he was called the Consigliere by the Press. I never heard them call DiFronzo Consigliere. I only heard DiFronzo called and listed on charts as Boss. Lombardo and LaPietra were listed as the Consigliere and DiFronzo as boss. But I don't want to start that debate. That is the first I have heard DiLaurentis referred to as Consigliere. I thought Marco D'Amico was the one who was identfied in that position.
Actually, on the 1997 Chart by the CCC, Lombardo and LaPietra were referred to as Advisors.

These "Titles" are invented by the Press to try and descibe something they are struggling to understand themselves. I have never come across one piece of evidence where a Chicago Outfit guy actually called Tony Accardo a "Consigliere". If I've missed it, please let me know. LOL
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:37 am
Frank wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:05 am
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 pm
NickyEyes1 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:33 pm http://abc7chicago.com/with-top-chicago ... d/3550181/

New I Team video. Some interesting info in it
Thanks for posting.

Strange how they refer to DeLaurentis as boss and consigliere. The article says Vena is the "second-in-command" and "oversees the day-to-day operations."
Its like back when Accardo was the top boss, he was called the Consigliere by the Press. I never heard them call DiFronzo Consigliere. I only heard DiFronzo called and listed on charts as Boss. Lombardo and LaPietra were listed as the Consigliere and DiFronzo as boss. But I don't want to start that debate. That is the first I have heard DiLaurentis referred to as Consigliere. I thought Marco D'Amico was the one who was identfied in that position.
Actually, on the 1997 Chart by the CCC, Lombardo and LaPietra were referred to as Advisors.

These "Titles" are invented by the Press to try and descibe something they are struggling to understand themselves. I have never come across one piece of evidence where a Chicago Outfit guy actually called Tony Accardo a "Consigliere". If I've missed it, please let me know. LOL
Yes, remember when we were trying to do the leadership chart, we talked about the fact that LE and the Press too try to use the same terms for describing Outfit leadership as they use in NY and most other cities.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Also I meant advisor for that position, but I didn't want to confuse people who don't know that the Outfit uses the term advisor. Well anyway I will myself still have Marco DAmico as the last known advisor. DeLaurentis as the boss. Vena as day to day operations boss.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Also that DiFronzo could have still been Official and Solly acting until now.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

There wasn't ever much supporting D'Amico being the consigliere so I would take that with a grain of salt, if not throw it out altogether.

Without further info and clarification, it seems DeLaurentis is the boss as well seen as an advisor to those below him given his age and standing. Maybe that's where they chose to use the term "consigliere." Meanwhile, it sounds like Vena has the duties we would typically attribute to a street/acting boss, while still running his own Grand Avenue crew. In short, D'Amico is now in DiFronzo's old role and Vena is what Marcello and Sarno were.
All roads lead to New York.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Would be cool to see the old Solly D interview if anyone can find it
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:15 am There wasn't ever much supporting D'Amico being the consigliere so I would take that with a grain of salt, if not throw it out altogether.

Without further info and clarification, it seems DeLaurentis is the boss as well seen as an advisor to those below him given his age and standing. Maybe that's where they chose to use the term "consigliere." Meanwhile, it sounds like Vena has the duties we would typically attribute to a street/acting boss, while still running his own Grand Avenue crew. In short, D'Amico is now in DiFronzo's old role and Vena is what Marcello and Sarno were.
Are you saying D'Amico is running Elmwood Park and has had no known administration role?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Also the role of DeLaurentis is appears to be the same role that Ricca and Accardo held. That DeLaurentis is the top boss and Vena is operations boss like Giancana and others. DiFronzo held the top boss position that DeLaurentis now holds, but was never mentioned as Consigliere. So what I'm getting at do you think , before DiFronzo died that DeLaurentis held the position that Accardo held under Ricca, with Giancana being operations boss in the late 50s to mid 60s
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Here's what it sounds like to me:

DeLaurentis is 1
Vena is 2

Let's not over think this.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:32 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:15 am There wasn't ever much supporting D'Amico being the consigliere so I would take that with a grain of salt, if not throw it out altogether.

Are you saying D'Amico is running Elmwood Park and has had no known administration role?
I have no idea what D'Amico's role is because nothing has really come out about him that I would consider solid info. Well, other than he has lunch with the DiFronzo brothers occasionally.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:02 pm Here's what it sounds like to me:

DeLaurentis is 1
Vena is 2

Let's not over think this.
Sorry trying not to overthink it. It always seems to get complicated in words bacause of the boss that is in charge of day to day and the top boss that is acting like he is retired. But yes with current info and DiFronzo dying we got DeLaurentis and Vena with the possibility that Sammy Cards is still the equivalent to underboss, running things.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

But also, don't get made Snakes lol, there is also the possibility that Joe Addriacchi is the top guy, since in the initial DiFronzo has dementia report, which turned out to be true, he was the one who reportedly took over for DiFronzo.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:07 pm

I have no idea what D'Amico's role is because nothing has really come out about him that I would consider solid info. Well, other than he has lunch with the DiFronzo brothers occasionally.
There were surveillance photos of d’amico meeting with spina who is grand ave. Only person I have heard mention him in admin is Scott. Everything I have heard about d’amico is he does his own thing runs a big book. I remember hearing specifically that he refused to accept sarno has his boss and ran his own little crew of him, dote, and abinanti. Other than that I agree with snakes solly then vena. Solly in the accardo, difronzo role. Removed from day to day but still advises and probably receives tributes. He comes off as retired for sure. Spending all his time with grandkids and running his legit company. He doesn’t wanna go back in at his age
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:07 pm

:lol:
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I hate myself when in a moment of weakness I read Chicago threads.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.