Gambino family Paul murder

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Gambino family Paul murder

Post by Wiseguy »

I've said this before but, when you think about it, they could have carried out the hit with a lot less than the 10 guys (including Gotti and Gravano in the car) on the scene. The more people involved, the more chances for something to go wrong, one of them to get captured, one to talk later, etc. They were fortunate that things went well as they did.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:40 pm I've said this before but, when you think about it, they could have carried out the hit with a lot less than the 10 guys (including Gotti and Gravano in the car) on the scene. The more people involved, the more chances for something to go wrong, one of them to get captured, one to talk later, etc. They were fortunate that things went well as they did.
Surprised that Only ONE person flipped out the whole bunch

Oh and I heard Gianni Russo was in the car across the street from Gotti car across the street from Sparks .
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:14 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:40 pm I've said this before but, when you think about it, they could have carried out the hit with a lot less than the 10 guys (including Gotti and Gravano in the car) on the scene. The more people involved, the more chances for something to go wrong, one of them to get captured, one to talk later, etc. They were fortunate that things went well as they did.

Oh and I heard Gianni Russo was in the car across the street from Gotti car across the street from Sparks .

Nah he was too busy representing Gotti at a sit down with Pablo Escobar. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:29 am

Nah he was too busy representing Gotti at a sit down with Pablo Escobar. :lol:

Pogo
Lol but hold up.... That was a real claim by him!!!

Remember.... He had to portray the last scene of the godfather
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yes he said Gotti sent him to meet with Escobar.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:33 pm & John Alite
Gotti Sr. also went to Alite first to get approval on the hit. Alite gave his blessing. Then Gotti went to Sammy and the others.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Gianni Russo was the driver. Alite was in the backseat with a Wakie talkie communicating with the hit team and Gotti Sr.

Gotti Sr: Paul and Tommy are at the light
Alite: Ok. It’s a go. Hit teams get ready.
Gotti Sr. : Are we clear to go John?
Alite: Yes, proceed. All clear.
Gotti Sr.: You heard him. It’s a go!
#Let’s Go Brandon!
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

In the Cirelli Apartment tapes - Gotti and Gravano play dumb in front of Frankie Locs Locascio and act like they dont know who killed Paul. Yet Loc's protege - Vinny Artuso - who he proposed for membership was in on the hit. I cant make sense out of that.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Frankie Loc knew it was just theatrics on Gotti's part
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:51 pm Seems like Frank DeCicco had a lot of power and sway in the family at that time , Was he just a powerful captain ? Who was in his crew? Who took over for DeCicco after the carbomb ? I When Angelo came to the bull about whacking Paul , Sammy went to DeCicco not to his own Captain....Guess Sammmy thought Toddo would of alerted Paul.Wonder if Toddo was ever told about the plan before during or afterwards.... he died a year later and Sammy took over his crew. Who took over decicco crew after his death ?
On the contrary of what Sammy said in one of his podcasts, Frank DeCicco did not have a particulary big crew. Unless of course,he had a bunch of older unknown guys assaigned to him. He was made into Jimmy Brown Failla´s crew in 1976. A small portion of that crew broke off in 1981, creating a new crew under Tommy Bilotti with Frank DeCicco joining. Another captain by the name of John Riccobono died in 1984 and his crew members merged with Bilotti´s crew. When Bilotti was upped to underboss in December 1985, Frank DeCicco was made captain.

Known made members under DeCicco:

- Salvatore D´Aquisto
- Ignatius DiBella
- George DeCicco
- Joseph Bilotti (before being moved to be under Gravano)
- Joseph "Sonny" Juliano
- John "Sonny" Riccobono (nephew of the former captain with the same name)

Two possible members of this crew were the D´Alessi brothers (Alex and John).

Associates included Frankie Botz and Joe Watts (non italians) and Richard Juliano (not made at the time).

When Sonny Juliano (the successor) was busted in the 2000s, an article listed some of his associates (indicted with him). Chances are most of these guys were early Frankie DeCicco crew associates.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2003/ga ... ged-albany
There you have it, never printed before.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

joe sis,
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

beansie not made,he had dozens not made guys
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 am
Mikeymike12 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:51 pm Seems like Frank DeCicco had a lot of power and sway in the family at that time , Was he just a powerful captain ? Who was in his crew? Who took over for DeCicco after the carbomb ? I When Angelo came to the bull about whacking Paul , Sammy went to DeCicco not to his own Captain....Guess Sammmy thought Toddo would of alerted Paul.Wonder if Toddo was ever told about the plan before during or afterwards.... he died a year later and Sammy took over his crew. Who took over decicco crew after his death ?
On the contrary of what Sammy said in one of his podcasts, Frank DeCicco did not have a particulary big crew. Unless of course,he had a bunch of older unknown guys assaigned to him. He was made into Jimmy Brown Failla´s crew in 1976. A small portion of that crew broke off in 1981, creating a new crew under Tommy Bilotti with Frank DeCicco joining. Another captain by the name of John Riccobono died in 1984 and his crew members merged with Bilotti´s crew. When Bilotti was upped to underboss in December 1985, Frank DeCicco was made captain.

Known made members under DeCicco:

- Salvatore D´Aquisto
- Ignatius DiBella
- George DeCicco
- Joseph Bilotti (before being moved to be under Gravano)
- Joseph "Sonny" Juliano
- John "Sonny" Riccobono (nephew of the former captain with the same name)

Two possible members of this crew were the D´Alessi brothers (Alex and John).

Associates included Frankie Botz and Joe Watts (non italians) and Richard Juliano (not made at the time).

When Sonny Juliano (the successor) was busted in the 2000s, an article listed some of his associates (indicted with him). Chances are most of these guys were early Frankie DeCicco crew associates.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2003/ga ... ged-albany
Is this John Riccobono the one that Jon Roberts from Cocaine Cowboys claimed to be related to...his real last name was Riccobono...
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

I have no idea. I think Jon Roberts is full of shit.
There you have it, never printed before.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

ive come around to the theory gravano wasnt at the scene.why would gotti be there with a soldier from another crew who wasnt even in frank deciccos crew. i mean frank could have just told him everything and he could have read the papers. ive also come around on alot of sammy bullshit. it was gottis crew who killed paul, louie milito,dibono.