Gambino family Paul murder

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Gambino family Paul murder

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Seems like Frank DeCicco had a lot of power and sway in the family at that time , Was he just a powerful captain ? Who was in his crew? Who took over for DeCicco after the carbomb ? I When Angelo came to the bull about whacking Paul , Sammy went to DeCicco not to his own Captain....Guess Sammmy thought Toddo would of alerted Paul.Wonder if Toddo was ever told about the plan before during or afterwards.... he died a year later and Sammy took over his crew. Who took over decicco crew after his death ?
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Re: Gambino family Paul murder

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Great ?
I been taught to listen to what's not said
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

George DeCicco took over when Frank was named underboss then it later became Sonny Juliano's crew.
LAfarmer108
Associate

Post by LAfarmer108 »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:51 pm Seems like Frank DeCicco had a lot of power and sway in the family at that time , Was he just a powerful captain ? Who was in his crew? Who took over for DeCicco after the carbomb ? I When Angelo came to the bull about whacking Paul , Sammy went to DeCicco not to his own Captain....Guess Sammmy thought Toddo would of alerted Paul.Wonder if Toddo was ever told about the plan before during or afterwards.... he died a year later and Sammy took over his crew. Who took over decicco crew after his death ?

In Season 2 of Sammy’s podcast he goes in depth about the months leading up to killing of Paul. The conspiracy went on much longer than I thought, almost a full year. The delay is mostly due to Neil still being alive and not approving of the plot. A year is a long time for so many to keep a secret. These guys must have really wanted Paul gone. Any one of 10 guys could have approached paul with this information.

According to Sammy, many meetings are held and Frankie DeCicco plays a lead role and even scolds Gotti on a few occasions.

Neil dies in early December and Paul is killed almost immediately after.

All this from Sammy’s perspective
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Would also like to know who was in his crew pretty sure sammy said in his book frank had a huge crew i think he was under jimmy brown and maybe bilotti at one point
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

gotti went to sammy before decicco? laughable
mpl0215
On Record

Post by mpl0215 »

Yeah that part seems strange, Sammy wasn’t even a captain yet and gotti reaches out to him first before Frankie ? The part about sending quack quack to meet with Sammy I believe bc
that sounds like a Gotti move lol

I was shocked how long the conspiracy was going on for too...and Sammy describing joe watts bachelor pad was hilarious
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

mpl0215 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:49 pm Yeah that part seems strange, Sammy wasn’t even a captain yet and gotti reaches out to him first before Frankie ? The part about sending quack quack to meet with Sammy I believe bc
that sounds like a Gotti move lol

I was shocked how long the conspiracy was going on for too...and Sammy describing joe watts bachelor pad was hilarious
The way it read in the book, Sammy had the relationship with DeCicco, not Gotti. Was that a lie though?
Little Frankie
Associate

Post by Little Frankie »

Has it ever been confirmed who the 4 shooters were?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Little Frankie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:10 am Has it ever been confirmed who the 4 shooters were?
Fat Sally Scala, Eddie Lino, John Carneglia, Vinnie Artuso.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

those 4? wow. didn;t know sal scala pulled the trigger. who else was on the scene?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:27 am those 4? wow. didn;t know sal scala pulled the trigger. who else was on the scene?
Backup shooters were Joe Watts, Tony Roach, Dom Pizzonia and Angelo Ruggiero.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

& John Alite
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Carneglia and artuso shot Paul but artusos gun jammed or he froze as was rumoured.
Scala and lino shot Tommy.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:33 pm & John Alite

Don't forget Richard Kuklinski. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.