What goes on in LCN clubhouses ?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: What goes on in LCN clubhouses ?

Post by johnny_scootch »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:30 pm How many are still around?
Only God could answer that question but to give you a ballpark idea and put a number on it I'd say only 1 exists today for every 10 that existed in the 80's and quite possibly even less. So there are clubs but nothing like the old days.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:40 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:30 pm How many are still around?
Only God could answer that question but to give you a ballpark idea and put a number on it I'd say only 1 exists today for every 10 that existed in the 80's and quite possibly even less. So there are clubs but nothing like the old days.
I'd agree

Three or so I'm aware of in Detroit
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Discussions about germs in shoe laces.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

alot of action, it's like a kid having a cell phone and ipad,
life was so boring for me when i was a kid, there was no technology basically.
when you can hang out with your friends and there is a pool table, non stop cards and craps etc it's actually very fun to me and then there was more action on anything...
it was just fun it was like a high

kids today proably think that type of life is dumb but they wouldn't know what to do if they just had to sit around and actually deal with whats going on

I hate technology i probably sound like a broken record, but one positive might be that it can keep the attention of a hyper kid or i was called who knows what stupid word they use now, but i think it might be running society but at the same time i think it might be keeping some kids occupied

I still think it's all trash, i'd play cards for free right now with a group of friends over anything
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

I'd wager around 10 strictly clubs that operate as HQ for a crew.

Here's some I can remember (haven't been in the area since 2013) :

1. Either Quiet Dom or Prisco operated something on Westchester avenue, near Ralph Balsamo's funeral home. Although this might have been out of a pizzeria down the street at one time or another. (near Pelham stop)
2. Luchesse Club on Coddington.
3. I think there was another club at one point across the street from Ralph's club -- but this might have been the Luchesse one that moved to Coddington.
4. Tough Tony / Rom's club in Corona.
5. Petey Red's on Market Street
6. Vinny Tv/Bonnano in Bensonhurst
7. West Side Club in Coney Island (I think Pennisi said a guy named Barry ran it).
8. Grumpy's on staten island
9. Arthur Ave. club near an apt. building Barney owns.
10. There was also that Caffe Frank Cali used to go to near 18th ave.
11. There used to be a club on Middletown Road in the Bx -- not sure who ran it (could have been civilain, but from convos I had at a nearby bar i dont think so). I think this was near where Vinny Jr and Nick Cirillo got into that fight.
12. Bobby Glasses in Glendale, Qns
13. I believe the Bonnanos still had something in Howard Beach (ronny g's)

Then some other clubs that might not be HQ for a crew, but still take action but allow civilian members.

Then of course you have cigar lounges (Luchesse on SI), restaurants pizzerias, bars (Recent colombo bust had them working out of a bar in Bay Ridge), car dealerships (I know of a west side guy who has one further upstate) and small construction offices that operate as fronts/money laundering operations.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

sharpieone wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 pm I'd wager around 10 strictly clubs that operate as HQ for a crew.

1. Either Quiet Dom or Prisco operated something on Westchester avenue, near Ralph Balsamo's funeral home. Although this might have been out of a pizzeria down the street at one time or another. (near Pelham stop)
3. I think there was another club at one point across the street from Ralph's club -- but this might have been the Luchesse one that moved to Coddington.
7. West Side Club in Coney Island (I think Pennisi said a guy named Barry ran it).
11. There used to be a club on Middletown Road in the Bx -- not sure who ran it (could have been civilain, but from convos I had at a nearby bar i dont think so). I think this was near where Vinny Jr and Nick Cirillo got into that fight.

Then some other clubs that might not be HQ for a crew, but still take action but allow civilian members.

Then of course you have cigar lounges (Luchesse on SI), restaurants pizzerias, bars (Recent colombo bust had them working out of a bar in Bay Ridge), car dealerships (I know of a west side guy who has one further upstate) and small construction offices that operate as fronts/money laundering operations.
The club on Westchester Ave in Pelham Bay I think is called the Italian-American Club or something like that. I remember peeping that spot out years back as it looks shady and old school, like an old mob club. All barred up and with a tiny little old sign.

Where is/was the Coddington club, over by East Tremont? Coddington is otherwise mainly residential so I'm trying to picture it.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 pm
sharpieone wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 pm I'd wager around 10 strictly clubs that operate as HQ for a crew.

The club on Westchester Ave in Pelham Bay I think is called the Italian-American Club or something like that. I remember peeping that spot out years back as it looks shady and old school, like an old mob club. All barred up and with a tiny little old sign.

Where is/was the Coddington club, over by East Tremont? Coddington is otherwise mainly residential so I'm trying to picture it.
Yes, near E. Tremont. Across the street from the barber shop. I think a cuban restaurant used to be around the corner.
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

13- ronnie g crew but mike padavona had the club,it was a marina and a boathouse they used as a hangout.. i know of one in oz that about 6 or7 years ago vinny asaro went in and shut em down... soccer club on rockaway, no idea who owned it but in oz you needed vinnys blessing, even if affiliated with another family.when he had his marbles he was no joke
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Any idea where the Coddington Club is or was? I've been hanging out in the East Bronx a lot this month and was up there a few days ago picking up pizza at Louie and Ernies and was trying to find it. I had always figured and guessed it was behind the Chinese place on Crosby and Coddington. Was it actually ON Coddington? Because if so, there's not too many places it could be unless it was in somebody's garage or living room.

There seemed to be 3 different open social clubs around (not on) Arthur Ave too, the last time I was up that way, on top of the legit looking one right on 187th Street. And there were 2 others that looked like they were closed. I'm not sure if those are connected or even Italan (Balkan maybe?) though

Speaking of the Bobby Glasses one in Glendale, there's another in Ridgewood that seemed pretty happening and active too off Central Ave but again, not sure if it's even Italian.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more active Balkan based social clubs in NYC today. I used to work with a lot of Albanians in the 32B-J union and not so much the kids, but the first generation older guys ALL hung out at social clubs in their spare time. Nothing nefarious, just old Europeans shooting the shit and getting some quality time away from their wives
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:39 pm

... was up there a few days ago picking up pizza at Louie and Ernies...
Smart man! :mrgreen:
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

Any idea where the Coddington Club is or was? I've been hanging out in the East Bronx a lot this month and was up there a few days ago picking up pizza at Louie and Ernies and was trying to find it. I had always figured and guessed it was behind the Chinese place on Crosby and Coddington. Was it actually ON Coddington? Because if so, there's not too many places it could be unless it was in somebody's garage or living room.

There seemed to be 3 different open social clubs around (not on) Arthur Ave too, the last time I was up that way, on top of the legit looking one right on 187th Street. And there were 2 others that looked like they were closed. I'm not sure if those are connected or even Italan (Balkan maybe?) though

Speaking of the Bobby Glasses one in Glendale, there's another in Ridgewood that seemed pretty happening and active too off Central Ave but again, not sure if it's even Italian.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more active Balkan based social clubs in NYC today. I used to work with a lot of Albanians in the 32B-J union and not so much the kids, but the first generation older guys ALL hung out at social clubs in their spare time. Nothing nefarious, just old Europeans shooting the shit and getting some quality time away from their wives
This was the Coddington spot. Right near E. Tremont. It's been closed for awhile and I believe it is a nail salon now.

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

sharpieone wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:10 am

This was the Coddington spot. Right near E. Tremont. It's been closed for awhile and I believe it is a nail salon now.

I wonder where DeSantis, Desimone & the rest of the Lucchese hierarchy meet now.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I can tell where they will be meeting in the not so distant future. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:02 am I can tell where they will be meeting in the not so distant future. :mrgreen:

Pogo
folding laundry in Danbury?
Timewatcher
Associate

Post by Timewatcher »

What club was frank calli going to?