Any info on Ernest Muscarella?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

eboli
Full Patched

Re: Any info on Ernest Muscarella?

Post by eboli »

DiGilio, Cirillo, Chin and Ralph Gigante were professional boxers. The Ernest Muscarella listed in BoxRec in the link pasted by Sonny is likely another guy with the same name. If not, he would've been 26 years old, and that's very old for a pro debut.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Picture is pretty old that would mean earnest is close to 90. Or he was like the oldest looking teenage ever
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I read in some article he was close to soldier emilo fusco because he helped him in a fist fight with another inmate at fort dixon. Came up in his murder trial. Fusco could get messages to ny or something
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:37 am I read in some article he was close to soldier emilo fusco because he helped him in a fist fight with another inmate at fort dixon. Came up in his murder trial. Fusco could get messages to ny or something
Yeah Fusco beat up an inmate to impress the Genoveses in the prison yard at Dix. Muscarella noticed, and supposedly it boosted his stock and he got solitary confinement because of it.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:35 am Picture is pretty old that would mean earnest is close to 90. Or he was like the oldest looking teenage ever

Isn't that a picture of DiGilio?
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

I was at the San Gennaro Feast in Little Italy NY a few years ago (think this might have been 2017?) And I noticed there was a mid-sized fancy-looking statue and under it it said "Donated by Mr.Ernest Muscarella" or "Mr and Mrs Ernest Muscarella" or something like that. And there were two fat Italian guys sitting on each side of it, casually chatting while guarding it.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

There's been talk that his son is made.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

InCamelot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 am I was at the San Gennaro Feast in Little Italy NY a few years ago (think this might have been 2017?) And I noticed there was a mid-sized fancy-looking statue and under it it said "Donated by Mr.Ernest Muscarella" or "Mr and Mrs Ernest Muscarella" or something like that. And there were two fat Italian guys sitting on each side of it, casually chatting while guarding it.
Hey, it's the least the West Side could do after all the money they've taken out of the feast over the years. :lol:
All roads lead to New York.
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

There is obviously a lot more info about this individual, but just some tid bits.

Muscarella had been a trusted member of the "Harlem/Bronx" (i.e. "116th Street") crew since the 1990s at least. If anyone remembers when James Messera was overseeing the MTDC.. When Messera went to prison, I think document said that Muscarella was given the responsibility of the MTDC in place of Messera. Messera I remember had a problem with Bellomo and the Lanza brothers (associates) around that time. I'm guessing Bellomo made the call to put Muscarella in charge at that time. Point being that Muscarella was trusted by Bellomo, which probably isn't easy.

Also, one poster on here (I apologize, I forget who) said that Muscarella is a distant cousin of late Genovese soldier Raymond Muscarella, Sr. (1908-1972), who was also a soldier in the 116th Street Crew.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:26 am There's been talk that his son is made.
Step-son/adopted son right? Is quite important these days?
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

pharion wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:59 pm There is obviously a lot more info about this individual, but just some tid bits.

Muscarella had been a trusted member of the "Harlem/Bronx" (i.e. "116th Street") crew since the 1990s at least. If anyone remembers when James Messera was overseeing the MTDC.. When Messera went to prison, I think document said that Muscarella was given the responsibility of the MTDC in place of Messera. Messera I remember had a problem with Bellomo and the Lanza brothers (associates) around that time. I'm guessing Bellomo made the call to put Muscarella in charge at that time. Point being that Muscarella was trusted by Bellomo, which probably isn't easy.

Also, one poster on here (I apologize, I forget who) said that Muscarella is a distant cousin of late Genovese soldier Raymond Muscarella, Sr. (1908-1972), who was also a soldier in the 116th Street Crew.
Interesting, wonder if he started with his much older cousin. Pharion would you happen to know anymore about Muscarella?
pharion
Straightened out

Post by pharion »

InCamelot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:51 pm
pharion wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:59 pm There is obviously a lot more info about this individual, but just some tid bits.

Interesting, wonder if he started with his much older cousin. Pharion would you happen to know anymore about Muscarella?
Not much honestly. When I said there is "obviously a lot more", I meant rank/position/functions (and the time frames of promotion), communicating through his son-in-law, and things like that. Things you already know. But I will PM you later with what I have.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

pharion wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:39 pm
InCamelot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:51 pm

Not much honestly. When I said there is "obviously a lot more", I meant rank/position/functions (and the time frames of promotion), communicating through his son-in-law, and things like that. Things you already know. But I will PM you later with what I have.
Appreciate it
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

InCamelot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm
JohnnyS wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:26 am There's been talk that his son is made.
Im not sure if he's adopted but yeah it's what I learned from somebody. I was curious if anybody else knew something.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:03 pm
InCamelot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm
Im not sure if he's adopted but yeah it's what I learned from somebody. I was curious if anybody else knew something.
I think I read Mr.Biagio "Blaze" Nicchia was mentioned in Muscarella's indictment as a co-defendant the son of Mr.Muscarella's wife.