Double Affiliation

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: Double Affiliation

Post by scagghiuni »

B. wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:47 pm I don't want to speak out of my lane, but these kinds of differences, among others, could factor into why the 'ndrangheta/Camorra allows its member to join another group, while the Sicilians don't allow their members to join other organizations. The Sicilians seem to allow existing 'ndrangheta/Camorra members in as mafia members under the right circumstances (which is what happened in the early USA and possibly Canada) but they wouldn't allow members who were first inducted into the mafia to then join another group.
it's a thing of the past when sicilian mafia was by far the strongest criminal group among italian oc and in the world
today ndrangheta is the strongest, but even today sicilian mafia members can't be ndrangheta members, just to understand how strong was sicilian mafia at its peak
anyway sicilian mafia members were allowed to join freemasons
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Does anyone know of any Ndrangheta activity in the Chicago area?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

ndrangheta is barely active in the states as a whole, never heard about chicago
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 am * Brothers Angelo and Francesco Mongiovì, figure-heads of the Cuntreras in Caracas and Italy's financial centre Milan. According to a DEA report, Angelo's son Nino Mongiovì married Paolo Cuntrera's daughter and was the 'super manager for drugs of all kinds passing through Miami'. (53)
Is it the same Angelo Mongiovi' who represented the Enna province on the regional commission in the Sicilian mafia? I read that Angelo and Nino Mongiovi' did indeed move to Venezuela from Sicily later.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This is what I mean..... all their partners were like HEAVYWEIGHTS, very serious people...

It's why I get confused when the question arises, " Who recognized, respected. authorized them?

The former head of the sicilian commision, the, I guess deposed head of the Sicilian commision, the most powerful families in Palermo, the Gambinos, Toronto clans, all kinds of people...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@lupara

I was never sure on whether he was made into the Bonnanos, I thought he wasnt. I thought that's why they had guys like Settacasi from Sicily advocating on his behalf in sitdowns.

If he didnt belong to Sicily, why did they even need to ask permission, and how could they be denied?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@lupara

Sciascia got killed for CHALLENGING, the administration.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I think what it was, was that you needed cosa Nostra yo get into the masonry. But the Calabrians created thier own... the lawyer boss, DeStefano, is supposed to be a big mason...
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 am I think what it was, was that you needed cosa Nostra yo get into the masonry. But the Calabrians created thier own... the lawyer boss, DeStefano, is supposed to be a big mason...
giorgio de stefano was the boss of bosses of reggio calabria when he was in freedom, he was a big freemason
matteo messina denaro is also a big freemason
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

There is absolutely no question that Nick Rizzuto was a Bonanno member but it’s clear had relatives and close friends in the Sicilian mafia that were willing to step up for him when he ran into trouble with his own superiors within the Bonanno family.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:41 am There is absolutely no question that Nick Rizzuto was a Bonanno member but it’s clear had relatives and close friends in the Sicilian mafia that were willing to step up for him when he ran into trouble with his own superiors within the Bonanno family.
That is the way I have seen it ever since. Rizzuto was the son-in-law of Antonio Manno, whom himself was the leader of the Mafia of his own village where Rizzuto was born, Cattolica Eraclea. Rizzuto was also married to Libertina, daughter of Manno, before he moved to Montreal in 1954.

As for Vito, it is likely he was made into the Bonanno. Sources say he was inducted after the killing of the three Bonanno captains, in May 1981.

I also believe that the Cattolica Eraclea cosca responded to the Mafia of Siculiana, i.e. the Cuntrera family.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Double Affiliation

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:@lupara

I was never sure on whether he was made into the Bonnanos, I thought he wasnt. I thought that's why they had guys like Settacasi from Sicily advocating on his behalf in sitdowns.

If he didnt belong to Sicily, why did they even need to ask permission, and how could they be denied?
Which is why I think he belonged to the Sicilians first. But there's overwhelming evidence that he was "inside" the Montreal Mafia one way or another. Remember how Violi treated newly arrived Sicilian Mafia members, he shrugged them off. Nick Rizzuto, although despised, was treated differently. Pietro Sciara is a similar individual but close to Violi and according to popular literature acting as his advisor even though he was a member of the Siculiana clan, allies of Rizzuto. Pretty weird dynamic if you think about it, but then again this all comes from popular literature.

Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:@lupara

Sciascia got killed for CHALLENGING, the administration.....
That really depends on which source you prefer to believe. Massino, the actual boss who he was allegedly challenging, said he was killed for ordering an unsanctioned murder of the son of a made member.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Lupara wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:50 am Which is why I think he belonged to the Sicilians first.
It doesn't seem likely to me that the Calabrian run Montreal Decina of the Bonanno family would accept transfers from Sicilian families considering their historic size (20) and attitude towards them later on when Violi was running things. In my humble opinion Rizzuto father & son were born Bonanno's and died Bonanno's.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@lupara

That was a good point, about Sciascia.....