Can you retire from the mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Can you retire from the mob

Post by Cheech »

obviously you can't retire or quit. tony wouldn't let eugene retire.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Rocco wrote:Not only can you retire..you can be a rat and live in the open right in NY like John Alite, Dom Cicale, PJ Pisciotti and countless others. The glory days are over...today's mob is just trying to stay out of jail and make a few bucks.

Yeah even if you don't have permission you can just retire on your own. It's not like they will do anything to you. If they can't even bring themselves to whack informants living out in the open in their area they are not going to go to the trouble of whacking a guy who chooses to stay home and watch tv. The mob is pretty much toothless these days.
Pogo
Seems these days that guys only get clipped over money and betrayel for the other guys business and/or money lol. Whacking a federal informant for someone who got 20yrs last yr it too risky and will fuck up their cash flow..lol I think Frank Langano only got whacked because the Gatto crew was olde school. A Dying breed. You got so many Rats living in the open these days. Campy, Alite, Cicale, Kasman
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

is that what happened? i never made it that far in the episode.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

I guess this was kinda a obvi question about the old timers. . What about younger guys who want to walk away . Do they need to buy there way out like we see on TV ??
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

It's as simple as this:

Soldier: I want to retire.
Capo: You can't, you took an oath.
Soldier: Ok I can turn informant or you can kill me and get RICO'd for it later, still don't want me to retire?
Capo: Don't come around here no more.
Soldier: Thanks, skip... ahhh retirement. 8-)
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Guys did it in the old days too....Papa Dave from the Bronx was unofficially "retired" in the late 70's and lived well into his late 80's, driving every day from Yonkers to the Bronx, so it's not like he was gripped by Alzheimer's. He was just old, and had enough.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Bruno187 wrote:Guys did it in the old days too....Papa Dave from the Bronx was unofficially "retired" in the late 70's and lived well into his late 80's, driving every day from Yonkers to the Bronx, so it's not like he was gripped by Alzheimer's. He was just old, and had enough.
Jesus, I haven't heard that name since I was a kid. There were a bunch of Amodeos up in Yonkers, mostly around Park Hill.

And speaking of Yonkers, Cockeyed Nick (Genovese) was all but retired when he passed away. And when Larry Black (Genovese) finally died, Patsy had been acting for him for years. And Mikey Salerno (Lucchese) was also ready to pack it in when those scumbags from Brooklyn ordered his murder.

Not being able to retire is the second biggest myth out there, right behind every made guy is a murderer ;).
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Not sure if the old man had people in Park Hill.....it's certainly possible. His house was on Kimball Avenue. He had a son Anthony, would have to be 70-80 today....I'm sure there are hundreds of grand-great-grandkids.
He was a legend when I was growing up on Arthur Avenue. Even into his 70's and 80's had balls of steel and was totally old school.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Bruno187 wrote:Not sure if the old man had people in Park Hill.....it's certainly possible. His house was on Kimball Avenue. He had a son Anthony, would have to be 70-80 today....I'm sure there are hundreds of grand-great-grandkids.
He was a legend when I was growing up on Arthur Avenue. Even into his 70's and 80's had balls of steel and was totally old school.
I've been meaning to ask you for awhile, Bruno (I'm Pizzaboy on the other sites), but where and when did you grow up? I'm 55 myself, and I grew up on Hoffman and 187th. We've been in Throggs Neck for the past 25 years, but we also live in Florida for a few months a year these days.

Kimball Avenue was nice back then. Very nice. But even that part of Yonkers has gone to shit. Mikey Russo lived off Kimball right by the firehouse, and Angelo Prisco and his first wife raised their kids right off Kimball too, but closer to McLean. That part of Yonkers was a common jump for Bronx Italians back then. And I'm certain that the Amodeos from Park Hill were Dave's cousins. But you rarely think of the Gambinos in that area because Yonkers was always such a Genovese stronghold (Luccheses, too, but to a smaller degree).
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

East Bronx wrote:
Bruno187 wrote:Not sure if the old man had people in Park Hill.....it's certainly possible. His house was on Kimball Avenue. He had a son Anthony, would have to be 70-80 today....I'm sure there are hundreds of grand-great-grandkids.
I've been meaning to ask you for awhile, Bruno (I'm Pizzaboy on the other sites), but where and when did you grow up? I'm 55 myself, and I grew up on Hoffman and 187th. We've been in Throggs Neck for the past 25 years, but we also live in Florida for a few months a year these days.

Kimball Avenue was nice back then. Very nice. But even that part of Yonkers has gone to shit. Mikey Russo lived off Kimball right by the firehouse, and Angelo Prisco and his first wife raised their kids right off Kimball too, but closer to McLean. That part of Yonkers was a common jump for Bronx Italians back then. And I'm certain that the Amodeos from Park Hill were Dave's cousins. But you rarely think of the Gambinos in that area because Yonkers was always such a Genovese stronghold (Luccheses, too, but to a smaller degree).

Hey Pizzaboy,
I'm 48 and grew up for the first 12 years of my life on Belmont, between 186th and 187th, next to Joe the barber. We then moved over by 45 on Lorillard between 188 and 189. I'm thinking Yonkers was a stronghold of Genovese guys into the 70's and 80's. Papa Dave was there in the 40's I think. I will PM you.
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

the old neighborhood grandpas over there :P Merry christmas to you two!
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Charlie wrote:the old neighborhood grandpas over there :P Merry christmas to you two!
The Mayor of Morris Park! You wanna claim squatters rights, blast that loud rap crap, disrespect any 'on the arm' businesses? Pizzaboy's gonna send out for YOU!