Mob Social Club Map

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Re: Mob Social Club Map

Post by FriendofHenry »

yatescj7781 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 am How 'bout including The Hollywood Social Club on Walnut Street in Shadyside, PA.
This was Jo Jo Pecora's spot and his friend, Chuck DiNardo was the owner. If fact Chuck always came to Jo Jo's hunting camp in Tionesta, PA. every year and helped cook for the "crew". Old Man Art Rooney was a regular at the club and was a big time sports bettor.
I was initially focusing on New York, but any others from outside families I will add and much thanks to you. do you have the address? Some problems I run into is the former building is no longer there in other cities. I got many locations from Mary Ferrell and then I do a thorough search on Google Maps and cant find jack. Appreciate you guys support. Address for the Hollywood Social Club?
How 'bout - 5522 Walnut Street Pittsburgh PA 15232-2312. Here's an old newspaper clip from The Pittsburgh Gazette:

From 1956 to the mid-'70s, the Hollywood Social Club on Walnut Street in Shadyside was one of the hottest night spots in Pittsburgh.

"Pittsburgh Steelers owner Art Rooney, local celebrities and athletes would stop in for dinner," said owner Chuck DiNardo. "We were known for our Devonshire sandwiches (we served about 1,000 a week) and deviled crab."
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:00 am
yatescj7781 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:52 pm
AlexfromSouth wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm You can add Paulie Vario's cab stand on pine st and pitkin ave, or Just us lounge on 123 ave s, tommy pitera, etc. We can all pinch with suggestions, if that's alright with you.
I am grateful for any help I can get Alex thanks. I have conflicting info for the Just Us Lounge. I have seen it located at 123 avenue S, but also at 119 or 123 Avenue U. I would love to nail this addy down to put it on the map. I would love to get the addy for Vario's Cab Stand. All I can find is Pine and Pitkin, but Ill put it on the map until I can find the exact building.
No Yates, 119 ave s is a residential buildindg, the adress is def 123 ave s you can check it out on google maps, and the adress for Vario's cab stand was 407 Pine st, Brooklyn. Also I want to ask what's the story on that Marco Aurelio socila club on 14th ave? What fam?
I got the Marco Aurelio social club off a New York Times article. It was raided. Let me check my files and Ill get back with you.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

It would be cool if we could compile the ones that are still active. Petey Red's Club, Bagels Plus, Pasquale's Rigoletto, etc.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

Who runs Bagels Plus?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

CatStevens9 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm Who runs Bagels Plus?
Vinny Badalamenti, former acting boss of the Bonanno crime family.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am Great Job Yates! When this was first presented on RD some years ago I thought what a great idea and project.

I´d like to add that the location at 1305 67th Street, Brooklyn (Joey Ida´s club) used to be frequented by Gus Frasca (Genovese captain) and his crew in the 1960s and 1970s. Back then it was called the New Era Progressive Social Club.

Paulie Zaccaria also had a club on Bay 16th Street and Bath Avenue in the early 1980s. I don´t know the exact address.
I've searched for that Paulie Zac social club address for a long time. I still cant get it down. I got the New Era address out of this link right here.................................................https://books.google.com/books?id=reYCA ... ia&f=false

The map starts on page 40.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am Great Job Yates! When this was first presented on RD some years ago I thought what a great idea and project.

I´d like to add that the location at 1305 67th Street, Brooklyn (Joey Ida´s club) used to be frequented by Gus Frasca (Genovese captain) and his crew in the 1960s and 1970s. Back then it was called the New Era Progressive Social Club.

Paulie Zaccaria also had a club on Bay 16th Street and Bath Avenue in the early 1980s. I don´t know the exact address.
Mikey Scars said in his testimony that he opened his first social club at Bay 7th and 86th street.club. I have 2 social clubs at that intersection of bay 16th and bath avenue. On my map I have both of them Bonanno clubs ran by Anthony Spero. I wonder if one of them is actually Paulie Zac's club and is a Gambino club?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

bay 16th bath ave was spero's, on the other side of street was the pigeon club, yes pigeons, spero's brother sal.between 17th ave and bay 16th were clubs way before spero.. porto embedecole club and a very old club by palermitani, gambino family..spero was on bath between 17th ave and bay 14th.. before bay 16th,george decicco later on was two doors away. after bay 11th. tin ear had a club on bath and bay 7th..box cars had the car service on bath that was a small club also.then there was the bar, club that benanti hung out in with the crazy crack head kids, also was a guy around frank decicco that had a club between them..he died o.d. ed.. forget his name..scars club was one block from castellano's club.between 19th hole cris tick's place ..then he opened on new utrecth ave and 75th street .around the corner from lil toto. clubs all over ..vinny tv was next door to scars selling tv's..next door to scars was also a colombo club nick rizzo..a block away was dom castori an old timer with gambino's..my hand hurts i can keep going..every block seems had a club ,bar ,hang out..if your confused..so am i..if you played cards it was a great era.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

oh paul zac and jimmy browns club ,they were partners in that one, 17th ave and 80th street.almost forgot
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Cheech you talk to pizza lately ?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

bronx wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 pm bay 16th bath ave was spero's, on the other side of street was the pigeon club, yes pigeons, spero's brother sal.between 17th ave and bay 16th were clubs way before spero.. porto embedecole club and a very old club by palermitani, gambino family..spero was on bath between 17th ave and bay 14th.. before bay 16th,george decicco later on was two doors away. after bay 11th. tin ear had a club on bath and bay 7th..box cars had the car service on bath that was a small club also.then there was the bar, club that benanti hung out in with the crazy crack head kids, also was a guy around frank decicco that had a club between them..he died o.d. ed.. forget his name..scars club was one block from castellano's club.between 19th hole cris tick's place ..then he opened on new utrecth ave and 75th street .around the corner from lil toto. clubs all over ..vinny tv was next door to scars selling tv's..next door to scars was also a colombo club nick rizzo..a block away was dom castori an old timer with gambino's..my hand hurts i can keep going..every block seems had a club ,bar ,hang out..if your confused..so am i..if you played cards it was a great era.
thanks bronx next time maybe JD can tell us what he knows about this area :roll:
and like that...he was gone
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

bronx wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:30 pm Cheech you talk to pizza lately ?
yes and here and there. not same sense dad died. ill send along well wishes. happy holidays to you, sir.
and like that...he was gone
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

great thanks Cheech, you and your family also
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

this is great man, i am looking through all of them as we speak. of course i use google maps also :) very cool to see those buildings and streets, it has a real American dream feeling :D maybe cuz i live in the Netherlands.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

MUKREMIN ,check out cafe luna staten island on hylan blvd. also royal crown bakery staten island ,hyland blvd , hangouts for many guys,