General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 am
SolarSolano wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 pm I don't know much about Del Duca but I realized he died in 1960, which predates Rocky's stay in New York, although that doesn't preclude them from association at an earlier time. Infelise was born in Wisconsin and moved to Chicago after he got out of the service so I'm not sure when he began his connection with New York.
When did Infelise stay in NYC? His power came through his wife's father Tony Capezio - I'm surprised if he was drifting into another family.
He owed 40k in juice loans to higher ups in Chicago so he skipped town until he got right with his debt. He stayed in New York from 1962-63 and did some hijacking and possibly made a few narcotics deals. He went back a few times over the next few years.
Interesting I did not know that. I did know he did work with Corky Vastola in NJ and was present at that Lucchese family funeral for Joey Narrows or something it was in the Tribune years ago.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

If the guy's name isn't Rocky, he might be the "Frankie" described at the end as close to Giancana.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

B. wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 pm If the guy's name isn't Rocky, he might be the "Frankie" described at the end as close to Giancana.
I thought that may have been in reference to Frank Ferraro, underboss of the Outfit at that time.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Snakes wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:29 pm
B. wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:52 pm If the guy's name isn't Rocky, he might be the "Frankie" described at the end as close to Giancana.
I thought that may have been in reference to Frank Ferraro, underboss of the Outfit at that time.
I was thinking Frankie was in reference to Frank Sinatra.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:10 pm
Bingo. It's relevant also that this convo was in the Sinatra file.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:12 pm
cavita wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:10 pm
Bingo. It's relevant also that this convo was in the Sinatra file.
Ah, that makes sense.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

So they're asking why Frank Sinatra hasn't been straightened out yet.

(....)
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

B. wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 pm So they're asking why Frank Sinatra hasn't been straightened out yet.

(....)
:lol: anything is possible with the US mob....

Maybe we are looking in the wrong direction, meaning it might be a NY guy instead of a Chicago one?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 pm So they're asking why Frank Sinatra hasn't been straightened out yet.

(....)
“He’s been around so long, he should be made. He hears everything we talk about.”

Frank Sinatra — the singing Johnny Roselli.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:04 pm

(....)

Maybe we are looking in the wrong direction, meaning it might be a NY guy instead of a Chicago one?
At this point who knows lol. All we know is that whoever he was, Chicago wasn’t going to make him because they didn’t make nobody over there.

If they did, they’d have to give him a Caddy and a house.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:07 pm

(....)

At this point who knows lol. All we know is that whoever he was, Chicago wasn’t going to make him because they didn’t make nobody over there.

Lol I think someone from Chicago was feeding these NY guys with false info, mainly because there were guys who were made in the Outfit during that same time period.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:12 pm

(....)

Lol I think someone from Chicago was feeding these NY guys with false info, mainly because there were guys who were made in the Outfit during that same time period.
Sure, I don’t see this kind of chatter as reflecting any perfectly accurate info. But the broad strokes are probably correct. Chicago had a comparatively very small number of made men for the size and power of its syndicate, and they made guys relatively infrequently and sparingly (aside from the 1956 inductions, which was like the Taylor St faction Young Turk takeover).

This info here was coming at the same time that the Feds thought Chicago had 300 members. My belief is that 50 actually wasn’t far off.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:18 pm

(....)

Sure, I don’t see this kind of chatter as reflecting any perfectly accurate info. But the broad strokes are probably correct. Chicago had a comparatively very small number of made men for the size and power of its syndicate, and they made guys relatively infrequently and sparingly (aside from the 1956 inductions, which was like the Taylor St faction Young Turk takeover).

This info here was coming at the same time that the Feds thought Chicago had 300 members. My belief is that 50 actually wasn’t far off.
I agree, although if we also count some of the surviving old Capone members, the number might get bigger
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:18 pm

(....)

I agree, although if we also count some of the surviving old Capone members, the number might get bigger
True, but my guess is somewhere between like 50 to 80ish made members at their peak.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I doubt they meant the statement too literally -- they were basically saying Chicago was a smaller mafia organization (in terms of made members) that was exclusive about offering formal membership. This conversation follows the period where NYC members felt far too many unqualified members had been inducted in their own area, so Chicago's practices would have stood out to them.

Looking back at the transcript that was posted, is there other context on the next page that points to "Frankie" being Sinatra? They are talking about why the unidentified associate hasn't been made, and DeCarlo seems to bring up Giancana in that context, asking "What about Moonie?" He seems to be asking why Giancana doesn't induct the guy, and then points out that Giancana hangs around with "Frankie". Unless there is something that clearly points to Sinatra, I still think "Frankie" could be the name of the associate given the context of the conversation.

I know you said the file is in the Sinatra sub-section on Mary Ferrell, but plenty of random information ends up in those sub-sections that has nothing to do with the subject.