THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mikeyb211
Associate

Re: THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Post by Mikeyb211 »

HoagieNose wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:59 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:15 pm Both Johnny Chang and Dom’s wives barmaid at the South Philly Chickie and Petes on Packer Ave.
Do you think the owner Pete pays tribute to the mob ? I’ve seen Chang there a lot over the years and I wondered if Pete pays up.

Good question i wondered the same thing...i remember a few years ago on Fox news here in Philly schratweiser did an expose on Johnny Chang and his wife running the newspaper stand outside Chickie and Petes in the parking lot and selling PA state lottery tickets.. ill see if i can find it he interviewed Johnny if u can call it that he wanted to knock Schratweiser out
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:21 am Steven Frangipani

Pogo
Might be a stupid question but how did he get that nickname
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was a tattletale when he was a little kid.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:15 pm Both Johnny Chang and Dom’s wives barmaid at the South Philly Chickie and Petes on Packer Ave.
Do you think the owner Pete pays tribute to the mob ? I’ve seen Chang there a lot over the years and I wondered if Pete pays up.
Johnny Chang is certainly there at the Packer Ave location a lot. I have heard rumors and rumblings that his wife Kathy has a no show job there where she is paid for the whole week but only works there one day a week. I have personally seen her working there once before on a Monday during the day. She’s a really nice woman and seems hardworking. I don’t want to say anything bad about her. Dom Grande’s wife works there too and she seems to always have the really good money making shifts right before Philly Sporting Events. I always see her there a lot before Philly sporting events and my idiot friends always hit on her.

Lastly, I have also heard rumors and rumblings of people talking that Johnny Chang was getting a piece of the “Petes Tax” at the Packer Ave location that was busted a few years ago.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/busines ... __pay.html

Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire, Johnny Chang certainly seems to be involved in the Packer Ave location that’s for sure. In his defense , he’s never been charged and convicted of anything out of that Sports Bar.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Johnny Chang is certainly there at the Packer Ave location a lot. I have heard rumors and rumblings that his wife Kathy has a no show job there where she is paid for the whole week but only works there one day a week. I have personally seen her working there once before on a Monday during the day. She’s a really nice woman and seems hardworking. I don’t want to say anything bad about her. Dom Grande’s wife works there too and she seems to always have the really good money making shifts right before Philly Sporting Events. I always see her there a lot before Philly sporting events and my idiot friends always hit on her.

Lastly, I have also heard rumors and rumblings of people talking that Johnny Chang was getting a piece of the “Petes Tax” at the Packer Ave location that was busted a few years ago.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/busines ... __pay.html

Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire, Johnny Chang certainly seems to be involved in the Packer Ave location that’s for sure. In his defense , he’s never been charged and convicted of anything out of that Sports Bar.
Yeah, thanks for the info. I’m
Pretty sure Johnny and Pete have some sort of shady relationship going on.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

It’s a great Sports Bar, always stop in there when I’m in Philly. They have really attractive barmaids that hook me up and great TVs with above average Philly bar food serving Philly culinary specialties on the menu like cheesesteaks, seafood, chicken cutlet sandwiches, pork sandwiches etc - you know the type of shit Philly is known for food wise. I usually get the Lobster Cheesesteak.

Alcoholic Pro Tip, I always go into Philly when one of my teams Mets, GIANTS, Devils, or Knicks are playing one of the Philly teams. I also like going into South Philly for Villanova games as well. Anyways, me and my buddies meet up at that South Philly Chickies and Petes before Philly Sporting events, get ossified drunk there while making huge bets on the game we will be attending while usually Dom’s wife is barmaiding, and then take the free shuttle to any Philly Sporting Event that Chickie’s and Petes Packer Ave location offers (you can also continue to drink on the shuttle ). It saves you having to park at arena/ballpark/stadium and deal with all the nonsense plus after the game the shuttle will pick u back up for free and then take u back to Chickie’s and Petes Packer Ave location to continue the party - its a Home Run of a situation! Good times....
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:38 am It’s a great Sports Bar, always stop in there when I’m in Philly. They have really attractive barmaids that hook me up and great TVs with above average Philly bar food serving Philly culinary specialties on the menu like cheesesteaks, seafood, chicken cutlet sandwiches, pork sandwiches etc - you know the type of shit Philly is known for food wise. I usually get the Lobster Cheesesteak.

Alcoholic Pro Tip, I always go into Philly when one of my teams Mets, GIANTS, Devils, or Knicks are playing one of the Philly teams. I also like going into South Philly for Villanova games as well. Anyways, me and my buddies meet up at that South Philly Chickies and Petes before Philly Sporting events, get ossified drunk there while making huge bets on the game we will be attending while usually Dom’s wife is barmaiding, and then take the free shuttle to any Philly Sporting Event that Chickie’s and Petes Packer Ave location offers (you can also continue to drink on the shuttle ). It saves you having to park at arena/ballpark/stadium and deal with all the nonsense plus after the game the shuttle will pick u back up for free and then take u back to Chickie’s and Petes Packer Ave location to continue the party - its a Home Run of a situation! Good times....

Sounds like fun ,I'm a Giants ,Knicks,Yankees,Rangers guy ,my cousins girl used to be a cheerleader at Villanova (this is back in like 02to maybe 05 ,we used to go down and have a blast....miss those days sometimes
Timewatcher
Associate

Post by Timewatcher »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:51 am
Extortion wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:26 am East harlem is not mobbed up anymore and there are no more neighborhoods that are mobbed up in brooklyn or queens anymore with the exception of a restaurant or minor social club here or there. Youd have to go to staten island.
Brooklyn is plenty mobbed up , Nowhere near like it used to be but still large areas and pockets dotted all over south brooklyn .Gravesend is the new Bensonhurst , Well , Actually Gravesend borders Bensonhurst and Coney Island etc and has always been mobbed up. In the summer and spring youll definitely see guys sitting outside Clubs and cafes etc and see some presence, Otherwise in Winter youll see zero presence .Gargiulos in Coney island reopened from the virus crap and there was definitely a large gathering of guys seated at a big table in the outdoor area, Definitely Mob guys . But South Brooklyn you'll definitely see guys all over in the warm months and they own and operate a large number of businesses in these areas
Wdym Gravesend is the new Bensonhurst? Thanks
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Timewatcher wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:16 am
Extortion wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:26 am East harlem is not mobbed up anymore and there are no more neighborhoods that are mobbed up in brooklyn or queens anymore with the exception of a restaurant or minor social club here or there. Youd have to go to staten island.
Brooklyn is plenty mobbed up , Nowhere near like it used to be but still large areas and pockets dotted all over south brooklyn .Gravesend is the new Bensonhurst , Well , Actually Gravesend borders Bensonhurst and Coney Island etc and has always been mobbed up. In the summer and spring youll definitely see guys sitting outside Clubs and cafes etc and see some presence, Otherwise in Winter youll see zero presence .Gargiulos in Coney island reopened from the virus crap and there was definitely a large gathering of guys seated at a big table in the outdoor area, Definitely Mob guys . But South Brooklyn you'll definitely see guys all over in the warm months and they own and operate a large number of businesses in these areas
I think he means Gravesend has less Chinese than Bensonhurst does/ has more mob hangouts.

There are a ton of Chinese in Gravesend but Ave U and surrounding area you probably have more Italian stores/restaurants and guys hanging outside vs 18th ave .. Bay Ridge/Dyker heights maybe but not as noticeable.. Bay Ridge is more Irish and Arab than you would think... Dyker Heights not sure.. the rest of South Brooklyn not that Italian IMO
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

moneyman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:54 am Dyker Heights not sure
Dyker Heights is holding strong but even there the Chinese are encroaching. I took my kids to check out the Christmas lights there like I do every year but there was one house I was looking at that confused me at first, it was lit up nice but it was all fish decorations I was seeing then I notice these giant red keys and finally see the Chinese writing and it all made sense, right then I notice panda bears playing in snow. Couldn’t help but laugh even though I thought it was nice they’re trying to fit into the neighborhood.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

moneyman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:54 am
I think he means Gravesend has less Chinese than Bensonhurst does/ has more mob hangouts.

There are a ton of Chinese in Gravesend but Ave U and surrounding area you probably have more Italian stores/restaurants and guys hanging outside vs 18th ave .. Bay Ridge/Dyker heights maybe but not as noticeable.. Bay Ridge is more Irish and Arab than you would think... Dyker Heights not sure.. the rest of South Brooklyn not that Italian IMO
there have been tons of Lebanese in Bay Ridge for 35 years easily if not more,

There is 1 that I've hated for so long that I would love to beat like a dog but thats unrealistic lol
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

scootch-- i can only speak for Dyker and the Chinese that have moved in seem different from the Sunset Park Chinese. then again, i try not to go to BK. listening to jerkoffs brag about nonsense.i get nauseous every time i see the sign for 86th st on BQE. Seriously, it is pretty special at xmas time
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 am scootch-- i can only speak for Dyker and the Chinese that have moved in seem different from the Sunset Park Chinese. then again, i try not to go to BK. listening to jerkoffs brag about nonsense.i get nauseous every time i see the sign for 86th st on BQE. Seriously, it is pretty special at xmas time
There are big ethnic/cultural differences. The Chinese in Sunset are mostly Fujianese, from one of the poorest and most backward regions of China. Other Chinese look down on them and discriminate against them, which is why they moved into Sunset in the ‘80s as the Cantonese in Manhattan’s Chinatown often refused to rent to them (the number 8 is propitious for the Chinese, hence why they concentrated on 8th Ave).

While some of the Chinese in the neighborhoods to the South are upwardly mobile Fujianese, most of them are Cantonese (including people from Hong Kong, who have concentrated on Ave U by the Q train, as well as Bensonhurst).

Funny that a Chinese immigrant in Brooklyn once told me, in very broken English, that the Chinese admire Italians and aspire to live in Italian neighborhoods: “Chinese people, like Italian, very much! They like family, take care of neighborhood! Very good neighbor!”
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:07 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 am scootch-- i can only speak for Dyker and the Chinese that have moved in seem different from the Sunset Park Chinese. then again, i try not to go to BK. listening to jerkoffs brag about nonsense.i get nauseous every time i see the sign for 86th st on BQE. Seriously, it is pretty special at xmas time
There are big ethnic/cultural differences. The Chinese in Sunset are mostly Fujianese, from one of the poorest and most backward regions of China. Other Chinese look down on them and discriminate against them, which is why they moved into Sunset in the ‘80s as the Cantonese in Manhattan’s Chinatown often refused to rent to them (the number 8 is propitious for the Chinese, hence why they concentrated on 8th Ave).

While some of the Chinese in the neighborhoods to the South are upwardly mobile Fujianese, most of them are Cantonese (including people from Hong Kong, who have concentrated on Ave U by the Q train, as well as Bensonhurst).

Funny that a Chinese immigrant in Brooklyn once told me, in very broken English, that the Chinese admire Italians and aspire to live in Italian neighborhoods: “Chinese people, like Italian, very much! They like family, take care of neighborhood! Very good neighbor!”
See this is something I would have never known, Tony taking me to school thanks brother.
Timewatcher
Associate

Post by Timewatcher »

moneyman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:54 am

In dyker I speak more Italian than English lmao just going to the right spots. Where in gravesend to the Italians congregate?? Just driving down Ave U I’ll see some good spots? Appreciate it