Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by Chucky »

Fan boy or not, if even half of what he said about Rubeo is true then Joey very well could walk. The feds built their case against Melino based on Rubeo's tapes, and now Rubeo is saying he lied to the FBI (as they were building their case) and fucked with the tapes. Those alone could allow Merlino to walk, and that's not even factoring the other shit in, and having Rubeo admit to the jury he's junkie who beats women.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Chucky wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:28 pm Fan boy or not, if even half of what he said about Rubeo is true then Joey very well could walk. The feds built their case against Melino based on Rubeo's tapes, and now Rubeo is saying he lied to the FBI (as they were building their case) and fucked with the tapes. Those alone could allow Merlino to walk, and that's not even factoring the other shit in, and having Rubeo admit to the jury he's junkie who beats women.
Merlino walks. No way he will be convicted on the testimony of a lying drug addict who has admitted it. Too much reasonable doubt.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Rubeo looks horrible but everyone knew that, Merlino constantly tries to deflect questions ans lie all on tape while simultaneously being directly involved with all these people,Constantly taking money for one thing or another ,And he states he wants and knows nothing of compound creams but is involved in a 157 mil.dollar Healthcare fraud and scheme which the main defendant and mastermind of the scam Wayne kreisberg will soon testify against Joey and IMO he will be convicted solely on the Medical healthcare fraud/Schem and everything that goes with it and end up with 15 to 20 years on this alone
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Did they get Kreisberg through the gates? I didn't see a ruling on that issue. I know the G wanted to add him as a late witness but the defense resisted because he was added after the Dec. 1 deadline. That could be a situation though where the delay of two weeks hurt Joey. We will have to wait and see.

I will say this, predicting trial outcomes if almost always futile. Anyone who thinks an acquittal is a lock in any case is certifiable. Cases you should win often lose and sometime you win cases you should lose. Cases like Uncle Joes and George's case are the exceptions not the rule and they happened because Jacobs is an exceptional criminal defense attorney. That's why Joey has a decent shot of walking or hanging the jury.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am Did they get Kreisberg through the gates? I didn't see a ruling on that issue. I know the G wanted to add him as a late witness but the defense resisted because he was added after the Dec. 1 deadline. That could be a situation though where the delay of two weeks hurt Joey. We will have to wait and see.

I will say this, predicting trial outcomes if almost always futile. Anyone who thinks an acquittal is a lock in any case is certifiable. Cases you should win often lose and sometime you win cases you should lose. Cases like Uncle Joes and George's case are the exceptions not the rule and they happened because Jacobs is an exceptional criminal defense attorney. That's why Joey has a decent shot of walking or hanging the jury.
or the rats come off looking worse than the defendants

just sayin
and like that...he was gone
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

@dack2001 I think theyre going to have him ready to go.In a way i could see him walking but then im saying to myself theres no way ,Even with the inconsistencies Him being on tape numerous times and involved,along with his long documented history and convictions i finally think he gets his
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

dack2001 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:06 am You're assuming a lot of what's on the tapes...so far as we know all the tapes have is Joey eating dinner, waxing philosophical about killing guys (and his side will play the entire tape which Joey talks about saving guys) and asking Rubeo to lend him money. They have to establish that Joey was in league with Onofrio, Rooster was the one demanding his money, not Joey. Rackateering requires an agreement and two predicate acts. As I said a month ago, Joey's lawyer will hammer home the fact that Joey is in Florida and Ohilly and wouldn't know New York unless you bought him a plane ticket. The Feds will end up admitting they had to pay $25,000 to get Joey to come up for the meeting. Seem odd to you if he was collecting money that he would need someone to arrange a party to get him to come up? This case is almost entrapment. Jacobs as part of the defense is admitting Joey knows these guys and was a member of OC, just that he's retired now. And so far I see some daylight if Joey's lawyer is right and all they have on tape connecting Joey to Onofrio or Kreisberg and others is the word of John Rubeo, who conveniently didn't record those conversations...Joey is still the underdog but he's got a chance, just like the Eagles.
I don't know the evidence. all I am saying is the photos are used as an aide to disprove his theory wants nothing to do with the mob and he is out. just like the photo evidence of the commission meeting in staten island way back when..meeting wasn't taped... if you left the mob you don't hang with the mob and other felons. that's all.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

@Rocco, Agreed ! Healthcare scams/frauds ,Gambling,Saving Rubeos life from gangsters ,Tapes etc etc... I left the Mob BS what a joke !! Maybe he'll get really lucky ! Dont see it at all....12-24 month deal and your home,Still have your friends and family,Keep some of whatever money you have etc... Skinny is Nutsss
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Rocco wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 am
dack2001 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:06 am You're assuming a lot of what's on the tapes...so far as we know all the tapes have is Joey eating dinner, waxing philosophical about killing guys (and his side will play the entire tape which Joey talks about saving guys) and asking Rubeo to lend him money. They have to establish that Joey was in league with Onofrio, Rooster was the one demanding his money, not Joey. Rackateering requires an agreement and two predicate acts. As I said a month ago, Joey's lawyer will hammer home the fact that Joey is in Florida and Ohilly and wouldn't know New York unless you bought him a plane ticket. The Feds will end up admitting they had to pay $25,000 to get Joey to come up for the meeting. Seem odd to you if he was collecting money that he would need someone to arrange a party to get him to come up? This case is almost entrapment. Jacobs as part of the defense is admitting Joey knows these guys and was a member of OC, just that he's retired now. And so far I see some daylight if Joey's lawyer is right and all they have on tape connecting Joey to Onofrio or Kreisberg and others is the word of John Rubeo, who conveniently didn't record those conversations...Joey is still the underdog but he's got a chance, just like the Eagles.
I don't know the evidence. all I am saying is the photos are used as an aide to disprove his theory wants nothing to do with the mob and he is out. just like the photo evidence of the commission meeting in staten island way back when..meeting wasn't taped... if you left the mob you don't hang with the mob and other felons. that's all.
hes been on social media taking pictures with other criminals. thats not a crime.
LOL at "I dont know the evidence." believe me. no one thought you did.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Photos don't help him but they need more than photos. In the previous's case they had Uncle Joe and Joe Scoops discussing mob history. Both defenses were that they were reminiscing. Not a crime to be together with members without more specific criminal acts but it sure gives the Feds some smoke though.

I would bet some hard cash that he didn't have some sweet 12-24 month offer. With his history, only a misdemeanor fed conviction would get him there under the guidelines at 12-24 months and I doubt there was any offered to him. What would the charge be? The Fed system just doesn't have many misdemeanor charges. Most likely he had a Parello type offer where he would plead to rackateering and they would recommend 46 months and the Judge could deviate upwards from the guidelines. That kid that does the podcast says he had a 46 month offer. Sounds right but I'm sure it was an open plea. Means he could get hammered on the high end of the guidelines, take 7-8 years on the chin now and be facing the same dance as a three time fed loser at his next trial where he could get life for a gambling and loansharking conviction if it was tied to rackateering. Skinny probably did the math and realized this was his best bet to have some years without supervision.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

I just heard so many times from all these sources that he had somewhere between 12-24 months if not a lil bit more on the table to plead out but hes on trial instead
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 am Photos don't help him but they need more than photos. In the previous's case they had Uncle Joe and Joe Scoops discussing mob history. Both defenses were that they were reminiscing. Not a crime to be together with members without more specific criminal acts but it sure gives the Feds some smoke though.

I would bet some hard cash that he didn't have some sweet 12-24 month offer. With his history, only a misdemeanor fed conviction would get him there under the guidelines at 12-24 months and I doubt there was any offered to him. What would the charge be? The Fed system just doesn't have many misdemeanor charges. Most likely he had a Parello type offer where he would plead to rackateering and they would recommend 46 months and the Judge could deviate upwards from the guidelines. That kid that does the podcast says he had a 46 month offer. Sounds right but I'm sure it was an open plea. Means he could get hammered on the high end of the guidelines, take 7-8 years on the chin now and be facing the same dance as a three time fed loser at his next trial where he could get life for a gambling and loansharking conviction if it was tied to rackateering. Skinny probably did the math and realized this was his best bet to have some years without supervision.
I agree both pics don't help you when you are trying to persuade a jury. also agree that his plea was prob not that sweet. and the gov would totally slam him at sentencing because of who he is regardless of the agreement.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

They had even less on Joe Lombardo and still found him to be an active member of the enterprise.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

First image is Lombardo's attorney's listing of testimony and evidence that the government used to prove Lombardo was still a part of the conspiracy.
lombardo(3).jpg
Final two images are the court's response to Lombardo's claim that he withdrew from the conspiracy.
lombardo.jpg
lombardo(1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Snakes wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:22 pm They had even less on Joe Lombardo and still found him to be an active member of the enterprise.
different charges than Merlino tho, no snakes?