Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by JeremyTheJew »

An undercover police agent was formally inducted into the Mafia in Canada while authorities secretly video taped the initiation ceremony, an unexpected highlight in a large drugs, guns and money probe snaring alleged mob figures on both sides of the Canada-U.S. borders.
"
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:29 pm that quote is in:

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/con ... -by-police
According to the Department of Justice:
As detailed in court filings, in 2015, one of the defendants sponsored a confidential informant to become a full-fledged member of the Bonanno crime family and as part of the investigation, law enforcement secretly video- and audio-recorded the induction ceremony, which occurred in Canada.

Not an undercover agent, as interesting as that would be.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Hailbritain wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:44 am This is what JD uncovered

Older info mentions that Massino talked about gerlando Sciascia's murder coming about because he killed a Canadian member's son without permission. Don't think it was ever posted because there was so little to go on but here's more detail: Sciascia's nephew got in a fight with Frank Cotroni's son. The nephew got his jaw broken and in retaliation Sciascia had Cotroni's son murdered. This is the main reason (maybe only reason) he was killed. Massino claimed the Graziano situation reflected worse on Graziano than on Sciascia, and it was pressure from Cotroni or his supporters that led to Sciascia being taken out.
Fwiw Cantarella testimony says it was due to him auestioning tg as a captain
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Although it isnt uncommon to have conflicting stories from people in same family. I think one thing that is constant is mafia members tend to get things wrong often. When they were made. Why so n so got killed. Etc. its a mimd fuck. Hard to unravel. Its what makes me it all the more interesting.
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

Frank wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 pm Also John Gambino was promoted and demoted by Gotti showing that Gotti was definitely running the Family not John Gambino. Actually Gotti learned that Gambino wasn't paying him a proper amount of tribute.
Are you talking about Junior or Peter?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Attaboi 1 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:35 pm
Frank wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:05 pm Also John Gambino was promoted and demoted by Gotti showing that Gotti was definitely running the Family not John Gambino. Actually Gotti learned that Gambino wasn't paying him a proper amount of tribute.
Pretty sure he means John Sr.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:27 pm An undercover police agent was formally inducted into the Mafia in Canada while authorities secretly video taped the initiation ceremony, an unexpected highlight in a large drugs, guns and money probe snaring alleged mob figures on both sides of the Canada-U.S. borders.
"
And backing up what Gohn posted, in the same article you quote from above, a few paragraphs later it states "What the gangsters didn’t know is the recruit was an undercover agent cooperating with police."

So although the article was poorly worded (intentionally or not) it's quite clear it's a CW, not a cop who's initiated.

Edit: the key word is 'agent', which actually means 'a person who acts on behalf of another'. So on first read it reads as a cop but the sentence, though deceptive, is actually grammatically correct. It was a 'police agent', ie someone who was acting on the police's behalf.
Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Cheech wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Older info mentions that Massino talked about gerlando Sciascia's murder coming about because he killed a Canadian member's son without permission. Don't think it was ever posted because there was so little to go on but here's more detail: Sciascia's nephew got in a fight with Frank Cotroni's son. The nephew got his jaw broken and in retaliation Sciascia had Cotroni's son murdered. This is the main reason (maybe only reason) he was killed. Massino claimed the Graziano situation reflected worse on Graziano than on Sciascia, and it was pressure from Cotroni or his supporters that led to Sciascia being taken out.
Yeah , I’ve read cantarella’s testimony . Sort of believe massino over him considering he ordered the murder
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sciascia hit was done as Montreal was getting more and more independent and was Massinos way of reexerting control. And Graziano or Violi were just excuses.

Personally I think Massino is full of shit. Sonny black, mirra etc. I don't believe any of his 'reason's'.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Attaboi 1 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:35 pm
John Sr
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:14 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sciascia hit was done as Montreal was getting more and more independent and was Massinos way of reexerting control. And Graziano or Violi were just excuses.

Personally I think Massino is full of shit. Sonny black, mirra etc. I don't believe any of his 'reason's'.

Hey I get it. Cantarella testifies Massino tells him this directly. Why lie? Massino for some resson doesnt come off credible to me and i think thats why he doesnt testify much.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Cheech wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:22 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Hey I get it. Cantarella testifies Massino tells him this directly. Why lie? Massino for some resson doesnt come off credible to me and i think thats why he doesnt testify much.
Anthony Graziano was one of Massino's key guys......George saying he was a cokehead was tantamount to saying Massino was one too. Maybe if George brought this accusation to Massino and only Massino he could have survived but once he started to say it to other people it was over for him.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This is kinda what I mean....
It's why I found Felice's post so enlightening....

Sciascia broke the rule. He could move all the dope he wanted WITH IMPUNITY, but the accord was that he would have NO say in how the Bonnano Family was run. No authority over American made men, no unions, none of that type of stuff.

This didn't even start with the Gambinos I suspect, it goes all the way back to Three Fingers Coppola, another soldier-Capo, who was technically under Detroit, but was like, crazy independent, and everywhere, all over the US. and the world, a lot like these Gambino-Rizzuto guys.

I don't think he ever was part of the Detroit administration, and yet, they seemed to do nothing to slow down, or control his drug operations...

I agree with Johnny Scootch, him criticizing Cantarella is just really him questioning Massinos judgement, basically talking sideways. Contrast this with how Catalano was described in Sixth Family. He basically moved heroin, and was VERY QUIET, didn't really interact with the American guys. And don't forget guys, if his English wasn't so bad, the Sicilians might have installed him as acting boss, I suspect, to better facilitate the drug trade. Because otherwise, How does that make ANY SENSE? How could he run the family if he can't even communicate with a majority of the guys?

M I suspect they wanted hi there in NY, the way the Rizzutos wanted their guys in place at all points in between in Canada, NYC, and Sicily.....

The Cotroni thing shows that they were still the Bonnanos guys up there.

I'll add more later... Great thread.. I could talk about this stuff all day...
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Freddy Fingers Coppola was, according to one St Louis researcher, the boss there before being deported. I always thought he was affiliated with Detroit but there's overlap between those two cities.