Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

@antimafia

This kinda illustrates the coke pricing I was referring to.... even though its Albanians it still the same theory..
How 5000 a kilo beat the 20- 40 grand pricing.....
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... rugs-crime
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

5000 a kilo is way better than the 15-25 or 30 it cost in NY....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This is why I say connections...
The biggest drug guys are the ones with DIRECT connections in South America. The the have the leverage needed to control the market...

This is what I see in the Violis a lot of people seem to downplay... All they really needed was seed money.....
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Cabrini I think you're putting way too much stock into drugs. The Five Families aren't knee-deep in drugs anymore since the 80s. Rackets such as this almost led to their downfall. I don't see the Bonannos, after all they've been through since the crackdown of the Massino regime, going back to selling drugs again, especially now that they are stabilizing. Who wants to serve a lifetime in prison for selling a handful of coke, not to mention the risk for CW's that could be their final nail in the coffin? Then again my logic might not be theirs. How do you envision the Bonannos pulling this off without drawing the heat?

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 am Cabrini I think you're putting way too much stock into drugs. The Five Families aren't knee-deep in drugs anymore since the 80s. Rackets such as this almost led to their downfall. I don't see the Bonannos, after all they've been through since the crackdown of the Massino regime, going back to selling drugs again, especially now that they are stabilizing. Who wants to serve a lifetime in prison for selling a handful of coke, not to mention the risk for CW's that could be their final nail in the coffin? Then again my logic might not be theirs. How do you envision the Bonannos pulling this off without drawing the heat?
On one hand, I have said more than once that Cabrini is too drug-centric. At least when it comes to discussions related to the American LCN, which most here are.

On the other hand, I don't know how one would define "knee deep," but the NY families are still very much involved in drug trafficking, some more than others. It is one of their core rackets. However, they've been marginalized by other groups in the drug trade since the 1980's and the New York Mafia's staying power has come much more from its diversification than being #1 in narcotics.
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote: On the other hand, I don't know how one would define "knee deep," but the NY families are still very much involved in drug trafficking, some more than others. It is one of their core rackets. However, they've been marginalized by other groups in the drug trade since the 1980's and the New York Mafia's staying power has come much more from its diversification than being #1 in narcotics.
Like knee-deep controlling the heroin trade in the US like how it was in the 70s. Pizza Connection and Gambino-Inzerillo network knee-deep. You're saying this is still the case as of today?

How many made members are still heavily involved in drugs? The busts I recall most often include associates.

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm
Wiseguy wrote: On the other hand, I don't know how one would define "knee deep," but the NY families are still very much involved in drug trafficking, some more than others. It is one of their core rackets. However, they've been marginalized by other groups in the drug trade since the 1980's and the New York Mafia's staying power has come much more from its diversification than being #1 in narcotics.
Like knee-deep controlling the heroin trade in the US as it was in the 70s. Pizza Connection and Gambino-Inzerillo network knee-deep. You're saying this is still the case as of today?

How many made members are still heavily involved in drugs? The busts I recall most often include associates.
No, as I said above, the LCN has been marginalized in the drug trade since the 1980s, though the changes began in the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s.

What I'm saying is we still see enough regular drug charges (both members and associates) in mob cases to show it's still a core racket for them.

But even when the mob had a larger, and more dominant stake in the drug trade, narcotics never had the tail-wagging-the-dog importance to the mob Cabrini seems to imagine.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:No, as I said above, the LCN has been marginalized in the drug trade since the 1980s, though the changes began in the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s.
Interesting you say that, what makes you think so? With the Sicilians taking over the heroin trade from the Corsicans I always believed the 1970s to the early 80s was the height of the mob's involvement in narcotics.

Or are you pointing toward the drug trade as a whole? With the Colombians bringing in cocaine starting in the 1970s and perhaps the Chinese traids bringing in some heroin as well?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm I mean for literally a decade the tag team of Wiseguy and Pogo have been saying the same shit in these threads smh, just stay out
It’s 2019 Fugazy, I thought you were making a New Years resolution to improve your forum antics? “Go find yourself a nice girl, settle down, will ya?” :mrgreen:
Why do you jump from thread to thread and stalk me? It is really fucking weird, I don't swing that way farm boy. Sorry.
[/q

Big fan of the Western NY OC, ties into many things in PA and OH. From the looks of it, you seem to follow Pogo and WG. Do your thing bro, I don’t judge. Hope you had a good holiday Fugazy. Happy 2019.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 pm
Wiseguy wrote:No, as I said above, the LCN has been marginalized in the drug trade since the 1980s, though the changes began in the late 1960s and throughout the 1970s.
Interesting you say that, what makes you think so? With the Sicilians taking over the heroin trade from the Corsicans I always believed the 1970s to the early 80s was the height of the mob's involvement in narcotics.

Or are you pointing toward the drug trade as a whole? With the Colombians bringing in cocaine starting in the 1970s and perhaps the Chinese traids bringing in some heroin as well?
This is all in a report I posted on the forum not long ago but to sum things up...

Pretty much from the time the LCN took over from Jewish traffickers by the late 1930s, it controlled the heroin trade. Even when the French Corsicans replaced Italy as the main source of heroin to U.S., much of the French heroin went to Sicily which was then imported to the U.S. through Montreal and Mexico. All heroin went to NYC before distribution to the eastern part of the U.S. In 1965, law enforcement could not find a single large-scale heroin operation in NYC independent of the LCN.

Although the Corsican-Sicilian-LCN (French Connection) continued to dominate heroin importation, there began to be major black and Hispanic wholesalers by the late 1960s. By the 1970s, the LCN concentrated on importation and wholesale distribution and was no longer a major factor in street sales. The French Connection supplied 75-80% of the U.S. heroin market in 1972, 45% in 1973, and only 2% in 1974. By 1975, while LCN remained an important factor in trafficking, black and Hispanic groups handled the bulk of heroin trafficking in NYC. Of the 13 major NYC drug dealers identified in 1975, 4 were LCN, 5 were black, and 4 were Hispanic (for cocaine). Asian and Mexican heroin independent of LCN predominated from 1975-1980. Of course, the Sicilian-American LCN Pizza Connection brought in $1.65 billion worth of heroin into the U.S. from between 1979-1984.

By the mid-1980s, cocaine was replacing heroin as the top drug in the U.S. Operation Iron Tower - cocaine smuggled from South America to Europe and traded against heroin which was then smuggled to the US - ran from 1984-1988. But from 1985 to the early 1990s, Chinese traffickers became dominant in New York heroin trade by supplying over 40% of the heroin, the rest coming from variety of sources. And, from the early 1990s to the present, the Colombians (and later Mexican) cartels started trafficking in high grade heroin and became the main source to the U.S.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

The Pittsburgh Connection was a pretty large cocaine trafficking operation, I’m almost positive they had distributors in Buffalo. Could anybody shed any light on Buffalo distributors?

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/01/18/spor ... aving.html

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/east ... 1610120188

http://gangsterreport.com/pittsburgh-lc ... ivers-air/

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/ap ... 85/117238/
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Here's the thing....
First of all, Zummo is locked up FOR SELLING A KILO OF COKE, ( to a cop, right?) and was caught on tape with two known drug guys, that's what actually happened....

If you are looking at the Calabrians, or Canada, the Hells, the Wolfpack, Italy, Mexico, or South America, and you ARE NOT looking at drugs, honestly...

I got no idea what the fuck you are looking at... seriously.

Even the Violis, their narcotics ties are more impressive than their mob ties to me. Half the forum believes Dom Violi underboss of a dead family.

You erase the drug ties, @wiseguy @lupara tell me, what do you have then? If You dont subscribe to the ndrangheta crime families increasing in power, Buffalo isnt a thing, drugs arnt signifigant, NY doesnt deal drugs, none of you guys explanations make sense. SOMETHING has to give.....

I dont even understand what you guys are arguing half the time...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

It's like, I read the Cammarrano, is that him? I read the indictment too, I mean they were moving POT from Cali.... Yet you think they are what....ABOVE moving coke? Dont get it...
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:47 pm
Lupara wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 pm

This is all in a report I posted on the forum not long ago but to sum things up...

Pretty much from the time the LCN took over from Jewish traffickers by the late 1930s, it controlled the heroin trade. Even when the French Corsicans replaced Italy as the main source of heroin to U.S., much of the French heroin went to Sicily which was then imported to the U.S. through Montreal and Mexico. All heroin went to NYC before distribution to the eastern part of the U.S. In 1965, law enforcement could not find a single large-scale heroin operation in NYC independent of the LCN.

Although the Corsican-Sicilian-LCN (French Connection) continued to dominate heroin importation, there began to be major black and Hispanic wholesalers by the late 1960s. By the 1970s, the LCN concentrated on importation and wholesale distribution and was no longer a major factor in street sales. The French Connection supplied 75-80% of the U.S. heroin market in 1972, 45% in 1973, and only 2% in 1974. By 1975, while LCN remained an important factor in trafficking, black and Hispanic groups handled the bulk of heroin trafficking in NYC. Of the 13 major NYC drug dealers identified in 1975, 4 were LCN, 5 were black, and 4 were Hispanic (for cocaine). Asian and Mexican heroin independent of LCN predominated from 1975-1980. Of course, the Sicilian-American LCN Pizza Connection brought in $1.65 billion worth of heroin into the U.S. from between 1979-1984.

By the mid-1980s, cocaine was replacing heroin as the top drug in the U.S. Operation Iron Tower - cocaine smuggled from South America to Europe and traded against heroin which was then smuggled to the US - ran from 1984-1988. But from 1985 to the early 1990s, Chinese traffickers became dominant in New York heroin trade by supplying over 40% of the heroin, the rest coming from variety of sources. And, from the early 1990s to the present, the Colombians (and later Mexican) cartels started trafficking in high grade heroin and became the main source to the U.S.
@Wiseguy, Do you have a similar report at your disposal for Canada during this time?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

they@Lupara

70-80s was the height of the SICILIAN mob, in narcotics. That was when they took over sourcing the raw, material from Turkey, refining from the Corsicans, had the bases in Brazil, Venezuela, Montreal, and Brooklyn, and Jersey, AND Philly, I guess....

The AMERICAN mobs height was the 50and 60s in narcotics. The sicilians were making a lot of money too, until that car bomb killed the policemen, and disrupted the Cupola. Not to mention Luciano dying. Not to mention the point men for the American LCN ( The Bonnanos) being either kicked out the mafia, or jailed on narcotics charges. Not to mention the Corsicans getting busted.

that 2% in 1974 was the end of the Brazil based, Buscetta- Corsican ring. The Eagle Cheese co. Casamento Brooklyn thing.

By like 1979 or 80, John Gambino was already convicted for heroin trafficking in Palermo, he wasnt going back....

All these same people running the Pizza connection were sending mountains of coke to Italy.....

It's just funny to me.... like dont be surprised If 4-5 years, maybe sooner we see another indictment with Italians, drugs , the Gambinos and Bonnanos.. . the same shit again.....I suspect the Semplice thing was a continuation of this same activity....