Mayfield road mob hierarchy question

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Mayfield road mob hierarchy question

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Curiosity: during the so-called "sugar wars" in Cleveland between the Lonardo and Porrello families, what was their relationship with the so-called "Mayfiled road mob"? Were any of those 2 families part of it or were they 3 independent organizations? I read in the book "The Sly/Fanner murders" by Allan May that the first Mayfield road mob boss was Dominic Benigno, executed in 1922 for a double murder/robbery. The next boss was Frank Milano I suppose. But what were the positions of the Lonardo and Porrello brothers, were they their own bosses or did they report to Benigno and Milano? If I got it right, Joe Lonardo was older than Benigno, was he really subordinate to him? His younger brother Dominic did participate in the 1921 robbery led by Benigno though.
Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Mayfield road mob hierarchy question

Post by Ivan »

I always got the impression that "Mayfield Road Mob" was a blanket term for both the Cleveland Cosa Nostra and some powerful Jewish mobsters they worked with sometimes. So it's kind of like "Murder Incorporated".

Could be way off base with this though.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Where is JCB when we need him ;-(
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Lonardo and Porello's were part of the Sicilian Syndicate...The Milano's were from Calabria and operated independent from the Sicilians. It wasn't until the 1940's that Cleveland had one family but Milano was "part of the old guard" and he was the boss over all areas that had a Calabrian Organization and was particularly close to many Jewish racketeers.. In Youngstown, you had Paul Romeo, Michele Romeo and Dominic Mallamo (among many others) who answered to Milano. In Steubenville, OH you had James Vincent Tripodi and Cosmo Quattrone who were Calabrese and answered to Milano. In Pittsburgh, Antonio Ripepi and John Bazzano Jr were Calabrese and worked closely with Milano. Keep in mind that in the 1900's and 1920's, there was still quite a bit of the old mustache Pete's who were part of the fading Black Hand, which was dominated by Calabrians. Any particular questions, pm me and I'd be more than happy to answer them. I have no intention of posting on any of the forums anymore. I will check things but will not make any more public posts.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Dwalin2014 wrote:Curiosity: during the so-called "sugar wars" in Cleveland between the Lonardo and Porrello families, what was their relationship with the so-called "Mayfiled road mob"? Were any of those 2 families part of it or were they 3 independent organizations? I read in the book "The Sly/Fanner murders" by Allan May that the first Mayfield road mob boss was Dominic Benigno, executed in 1922 for a double murder/robbery. The next boss was Frank Milano I suppose. But what were the positions of the Lonardo and Porrello brothers, were they their own bosses or did they report to Benigno and Milano? If I got it right, Joe Lonardo was older than Benigno, was he really subordinate to him? His younger brother Dominic did participate in the 1921 robbery led by Benigno though.

go to itunes and you could download and watch the documentary called Sugar Wars. It was done very well and was pretty in depth.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I will check things but will not make any more public posts.

This is what happens when the Creeps invade someone/anyone's privacy. They were "Rats" in the old days and they're "Rats" today!
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

FriendofHenry wrote:I will check things but will not make any more public posts.

This is what happens when the Creeps invade someone/anyone's privacy. They were "Rats" in the old days and they're "Rats" today!
your not gonna post anymore??? That sucks seems like everyone is leaving here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Who is hacking people now?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

[quote="Pogo The Clown"]Who is hacking people now?

Isn't that like asking: "Why did he get wacked after he got wacked"?
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

phatmatress wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:I will check things but will not make any more public posts.

This is the direct result of privacy issues being violated from within. It's also the direct result of the Graveyard Section not being monitoreded and misused as a personal battlefield against someone over a disagreement or difference of opinion.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Chicago wrote:
phatmatress wrote:

This is the direct result of privacy issues being violated from within. It's also the direct result of the Graveyard Section being misused and not monitored.
You think you can build a perfect forum, go try. Nobody stopping you. You complain more then you put in to this forum. Nothing is perfect, if you can't enjoy this place and contribute go back to GBB and take all you complaints with you. Your childish ways is getting old. We do are best here to give everyone here chances and room to voice there opinion and not be miss treated, members don't get banned just because they don't have the same opinion as the mods do. You have been given more chance here then you got on any other mob forum. In my humble opinion this forum is the best mob forum out there today because we try are best to treat everyone as fare as possible. This place never going to be perfect, all we can do is try. So knock the whinnying off, specially when you no longer contribute to the mob forums any more......Soliai
Chicago
Straightened out

Post by Chicago »

Maybe if you listened to some constructive criticism, the Board would be better. No need to get mad and take it personal.
The proof is in the low traffic. But hey, do whatever you want, no problem.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

phatmatress wrote:

I was trying to quote JCB and it was not to mean that I will no longer post. However my statement about "Rats" was and is most sincere!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JCB1977 wrote:go to itunes and you could download and watch the documentary called Sugar Wars. It was done very well and was pretty in depth.
Just watched that the other day on Amazon. Pretty good.
All roads lead to New York.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

things have been a little slow here, but it's not like there has been a ton of recent mob activity itself either so that's to be expected. some members don't post any more, some less often. that's just the way it goes. trying to somehow cast blame or responsibility on the forum administrators for what some dope did to people off-site is just a convenient excuse to play the victim role and complain. nobody here has any control over what people do in their spare time. the oc discussion here is always top notch, alot of guys put real time and effort into their posts, they pretty much do all the leg work for us and the threads go very smoothly overall. any forum you sign up for is going to have things that you feel should be handled differently, just enjoy the place for what it is instead of looking for things to cry about.